O/T - How Long Do You Take Vitamins For?

Mia

Skinny girl in a fat body
I have been taking Multibionta Immune Support and Ester-C (Vit C) tablets daily for about 5/6 weeks. Before I buy another bottle, could anyone tell my how long you should take vitamins for ie. do you take them for as long as you want to or do you take, for example, a bottle of 30 then stop?

Why are you taking extra vitamins?:confused:

Because I was advised to by the Doctor after an operation.

Oooh, now that is very odd. I guess only your doctor would be able to advise as it sounds like there was some other concern there.

It's not usually advised to take extra vitamins whilst on Cambridge (overdosing on them and all that), and since you aren't allowed to do the diet until well and signed off, it sounds really strange.

I did have a client who had to have extra vit B owing to a blood disorder which meant she could absorb it properly, and had to get it cleared through Medical. And the doctor had to monitor throughout to make sure she wasn't getting too much.

Okay...so less ramble. Only your dr would be able to advise on this, or your consultant should contact Cambridge medical.

Oooh, now that is very odd.

it sounds really strange.

:confused: :confused: Why is it stange KD?

I have spoken to my CDC about this KD, she is well aware of my operation and my medical history. I have also spoken to my Consultant Surgeon who said there was no problem whatsoever with me doing this diet. My GP is also well aware of me doing this diet too, in fact he comments regularly.

I only asked the question because I did not know if vitamins were taken long term or as a course.

:confused: :confused: Why is it stange KD?

It's just strange as the diet is contraindicated for 3 months after an op, and though it can be done before that, it would need cambridge approval, and it's just not like Cambridge to say 'yes' if there is some underlying condition that would require extra vitamins on top of the RDA. And if they did, I just can't imagine them saying yes to SS or SS+ I would have thought that if they agreed (which they must have done! for you to be doing this), that they would have suggested a programme with higher protein.

They do tend to err on the side of caution. But, Cambridge Medical must have been involved in this for it to have been agreed, and I would imagine that your doctor would have to check you weren't getting too much of these vits (I would suspect). And so, he would be the best one to tell you when you didn't need them any more.

So that is what was going through my brain, and why I thought it was strange ;) :D

Well, that seems logical to me :D

Thanks for clarifying that. I don't have any underlying condition, I am totally healthy.

I have been doing the CD for years (although obviously not successfully or I wouldn't still be here :)) and know my CDC well. She knows all about my health and history.

Thanks for the information.

With respect, it's not a decision your consultant can make, however well you think she knows your about your health, and besides, why would you take over the top vits if you are fit and well?

The packs already contain the correct amount of vit C.

KD - with resepct, I am not trying to hide anything sinster here. Millions of healthy people daily take vitamins for various reasons, I am not taking anything out of the ordinary.

I have the spoken in great length to my CDC, my doctor and my consultant. I asked a simple question about vitamins ie. do you take them continuouslly or as a course. I am sorry if you do not agree with anything with I have said, or if you think I am trying to hide some major medical complication. Thanks for the advice you have already given.

As its not a usual thing you do with CD (which is what KD was trying to explain) it would be best to talk to your CDC and your DR who are saying you need to take them. They would have a better idea.

KD - with resepct, I am not trying to hide anything sinster here. Millions of healthy people daily take vitamins for various reasons, I am not taking anything out of the ordinary.

Sorry, but this is very out of the ordinary if you are doing cambridge as you are already taking supplement. You asked why it was strange. I told you. It's still seems very strange to me.

But anyway, as I say. Cambridge Medical would be involved in this and since all parties seem to be in communication, then they will be able to advise you when it's time to stop the extras.

Thank you. I understand what KD is trying to explain. I just thought I was coming on here to ask a normal, simple, innocent question. I didn't expect to be sitting here feeling guilty as if I am taking Class A drugs. Millions of people take vitamin tablets and I am not prepared to discuss my medical history on a public forum.

Thanks for all advice on this thread. Please do not reply, I am leaving the forum.

I think the main issue here is that Cambridge has the full complement of vitamins and minerals and as such supplements are not recommended as you can overdose on some and this could be detrimental to your health

On occasion it may be necessary to supplement a specific vitamin but this usually would be after being confirmed by our Medical Department via your Consultant.

There is 100% Vitamin C in three packs of Cambridge so a Vitamin C supplement is unusual.

On reading through this thread, I feel that KD was not suggesting anything sinister but more concerned about the overall effect taking too many vitamins could have on your health.

The best action would now be for your Consultant to contact our HO for guidance bearing in mind she has all the details of your earlier operation and any medication/supplements your GP may have prescribed for you after your operation.

I agree. It is not the usual situation for someone on the Cambridge Diet to be taking vitamin tablets as the products contain your daily recommended allowance of vitamins and minerals.

Your situation is unusual in that your Dr and Cambridge consultant have obviously recommended you take these extra vitamins, which is usually not recommended by CAmbridge. So your situation is an unusual one.

It is always best to consult your Doctor and Cambridge medical for the answer to these types of questions, especially if your situation is not 'run of the mill'.

KD was not trying to make you feel guilty or say you were doing anything wrong. She was only offering an insight.

It may be that you are on a step which does not include three products a day, which would make more sense with the vitamins. BUt that wasn't clear on your post.

I hope you find your answer :)

Back