O/T: I Think I'm Going Blind! (Part IV)

squiddie

Getting fit for 30!
Welcome to part four of the adventure. Catch up here;
part one
part two
part three

So I had another appointment today, they put an anesthetic in my eye and took the pressure. Then I had my pupils dilated again. Blood pressure and blood sugar. Usual stuff.

So the guy made me look in the lights and then I had an eye scan on the other machine.

He has given me some more drops for a month as I have inflammation in the middle, and the back of my eye.

I went and had a whole bunch of blood tests; FBC, Viscosity, VDRL, ANA, CRP, Serum ACE, Lipid Profile and LFTs. No idea what they are other than full blood count (FBC) and liver function test (LFT).

I've also got to have a CT scan of my head as I've had two episodes where I lost my peripheral vision for around 10minutes then an hour later my hand went dead. Not pins and needles or anything like, just, dead!

So got another appointment in 4 weeks. This is getting annoying. Hope everyone is well.

Love to you all,

Natt xxx

Blimey, you are fairly going through it arent you!!!! Hopefully everything will work out fine x x x x x

Oh Squiddie, you are going through the mill with this eye problem, I do hope the scan and the blood test's you've had done today will help them find out what is wrong, love and best wishes to you. X

CRP is creative reactive protein (I think!) it shows up if you have any infection going on. Sounds like an armful of blood! Hope you get some pointers from it hun! I won't let them ct my brain, they might not find one :eek:

I won't let them ct my brain, they might not find one :eek:

when I had a ct brain, to put a lighter mood on the situation my hubby said ''its a pity they have to go looking for it''

I hope all works out well for you squaddie

Bl00dy hell woman...you're falling apart!! ;)

I hope they find out what's wrong with you. Mind you, look on the bright side...if you're actually going blind, you won't be able to see food to eat it ;) ;) ;)

Good luck Squiddie.
I hope that everything goes well for you.
You have had such an awful time ((hugs))

Chin up Squiddie, keep going old thing. Just as a matter of interest, are you having all this blood taken from you on weigh day by any chance, lossess are looking good hun, getting suspiceous.xx

Thinking of you and sending you hugs xxx

Chin up Squiddie, keep going old thing. Just as a matter of interest, are you having all this blood taken from you on weigh day by any chance, lossess are looking good hun, getting suspiceous.xx

Thinking of you and sending you hugs xxx

It was weigh day today funnily enough, but I WI before I went to the hospital.

I seemed to of finally started to average 3lbs a week - I work hard and have a lot to lose that is fabulous by me :D

From one insomniac to another - and one who frequently has armfuls of blood taken too - best of luck Squiddie, at least they really seem to be trying to get to the bottom of it all.

Hope 'part five' resolves the problem, and congratulations on your continuing brilliant weight losses!

Oh Squiddieeee, hope this lot of tests finally figures out what's going on. Must be so stressful for you having to constantly wait for one thing or another. Hope you get better soon :( *hugs*

Well done for still losing so much too! xxx

Just a quick update, I went and had my CT scan this morning and get the results on the 18th of September.

I'm a bit worried that a conversation a bit like this might break out:

DOCTOR: We couldn't find anything
ME: Oh. That's good isn't it?
DOCTOR: Well, not exactly
ME: How so?
DOCTOR: We're not entirely sure how you're alive with no brain!
ME: Wow, I'm an alien, just like that film... Space Jam...

Hugs to everyone!

Natt xxx

Back