O/T I'm confused!

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Blue Butterfly, 27 December 2010 Social URL.

1. Blue Butterfly

Blue Butterfly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(22.45%)
    Ok my Exante journey is on hold until 1st Jan (I will get there eventually!)

BUT.....I have something that is bugging me and I know I should post it in the relationship/dating part on here but this section feels like my 'home' if that makes any sense so I hope you all don't mind me posting this here.
    I will try and keep it short.

Ok, 2 weeks ago today I went out on a date with a lovely guy. We 'met' online and had been talking for months, finally managed to find a day when we were both free and went and had a drink in a cafe.
    He made it clear that he liked me alot and gave me tons of compliments. Oh he likes bigger women, I met him on a site for plus sized women and the guys that love them!!

We talked non-stop and before we knew it 3 hours had passed.
    My brother was supposed to pick me up from town but the guy offered to drive me home instead.
    As we were getting on so well I asked if he wanted to come back to mine so we could talk some more, he knew there would be no sex coz I dont on the first date. Plus my brother was at home!

Anyway, we went back to mine and kissed and cuddled for another 2 hours and we talked some more too.

He left (after nearly 6 hours together) text me when he got home and.......
    I haven't heard from him since :cry:

Does anyone know why he would have just stopped talking to me all of a sudden?

I guess I feel a little hurt right now, things seemed to have gone so well and now he's ignoring me.
    I haven't dated alot as I was hurt VERY badly (physically and emotionally by someone I was with a few years ago) so don't know what's 'right' and 'wrong' after you've been on a date with someone!
    Is it normal to not hear from them for 2 weeks??
    I have no clue!

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  4. teetiefunk

teetiefunk Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    The very nearly same thing happened to me!!! I met a guy online had a fantastic weekend and then never heard from him again for over a week! I was beside myself as I knew he was the one!! Well he finally got in touch and explained that he had been in a really nasty relationship previously and just got scared when we got on so well and knew that a serious relationship was coming, I said that we would take it slow and see what happened and that was two years ago and we are still together and the happiest we could ever be! So just letting you know that there could be many reasons he's not got in touch and just be patient, text or leave a voicemail saying that you won't badger him this is the last time you will try to contact him and that he knows where you are... Then the ball is in his court and you have done all you can. That's what I done and half hour later he was texting me. Xx

5. Blue Butterfly

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(22.45%)
    Yes, I've sent him 3 text messages (1 just wishing him a merry xmas)
    And an email.

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    In that case I think the silence says it all :( For whatever reason hes not going to get in touch now. Downright rude of him not to even say anything though.

I wouldnt waste any more time on him x

7. Blue Butterfly

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(22.45%)
    Thanks for both of your replies :)

I guess I'm just annoyed that he acted like he was interested in me and has now decided to ignore me. If he wasn't interested he could have said so.....being ignored is worse than being told someone doesn't like you!

8. teetiefunk

teetiefunk Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Just have patience... He will think about it and realise he owes you an explanation, whatever the outcome. X

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I wouldnt bank on it, not after 2 weeks and ignoring texts and emails

Personally if someone behaved like that towards me then I wouldnt waste a moment more on them. Why sit around waiting for someone who not only doesnt sound interested but has absolutely no respect.

Delete his number BB and put your time and care into someone who deserves you *HUGS*

10. Bernice

Bernice Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.32%)
    Diet:
    EXANTE
    I agree with Starlight this jerk does not deserve you wasting anymore time & worry on him. He was after sex plain and simple..........and you did exactly the right thing not giving it to him. Have you thought how things would have been anyway if it had worked out once you started to lose the weight? It would have been far worse to get emotionally involved with him only to be dumped if he didn't like the new slim you??? Someday you will find the ONE who will like you for you and not what size you are. Good luck on the journey both with exante and finding your man. xx

11. Blue Butterfly

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(22.45%)
    His number has been deleted and I will forget about him! I know in my heart that he's not worth it, I deserve better than him! I'm just sick of being single but am going to focus on my weight loss for now :)
    Oh and yes Bernice, I was worried about how he would react when he knew I was losing weight. I did tell him so maybe that's why he's not interested.
    I kinda wanna email him to tell him he's a jerk but that would be childish of me so I wont!

Thanks for the replies everyone x

12. Blue Butterfly

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(22.45%)
    Thank you CT, your post made me laugh :)
    Especially that last bit!
    But the jerk knew before we even got in his car that there would be no sex as I had told him while we were at the cafe. So he knew and still came back to mine.....ah well, it's his loss!!

13. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    :eek::eek::eek:

14. teetiefunk

teetiefunk Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Double eeeeeek!!!

15. lucy4loop

lucy4loop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.47%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
  16. spyro2008

spyro2008 I will never give up

Start Weight:
    17st5.6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.8lb(5.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world ee
    calgon thats disgraceful.

17. lou1978

lou1978 Full Member

Classy!!! Hilarious though.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. fortyandfat

fortyandfat is crazy

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.98%)
    Diet:
    exante
    lmao calgon!!!
    i think most men including the one you didnt hear from try to get sex from a first date. think of it like this,,,,, he didnt get his sex but went home and gave himself a handshake over your sofa passion ;)
    im afraid to say that i wouldnt be able to hold back and would send him an evil email saying you wanted to give him a hand shake but you couldnt find anything to grab :D

20. Quak

Quak Gold Member

He is a jerk and does not deserve a second thought - especially since with Exante you are going to end up a skinny minny and not his type at all!

21. Bobbi

Bobbi Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(23.91%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    aww he's a mean jerk, the least he could have done is let you know even if it was by text or someother way. You deserve better even though right now this feeling sucks. HUGS

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.