O/T im frightened

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by sumayyah, 3 December 2007 Social URL.

1. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    sat here its 9pm so far ive had stuff chucked at my window and kids are round my par trying to get a look inside ( i have privacy glass ) really need to go and put my sterring lock on as i forgot earlier but im too scared, they chased me once throwing fireworks at me
    normal people ring the police but they never turn up round here and last person this end of time to tackle the thugs was killed

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. botozi

botozi Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Omg, in what kind of neighbourhood you live, terrible. Maybe you can call a friend or neighbour? I really don't know a good answer right now, sorry.

Hugs
    botozi

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

is there anyone you can telephone? maybe someone can come round to you? my advice would be to leave the steering wheel lock off for now. Turn a couple more lights on and maybe turn some music on. Don't give them the impression you are afraid but don't do anything to put yourself at risk either.

I'm getting more and more down about the country we are living in right now. The police are focusing on the wrong things and I don't understand how noone in authority realises that you need to tackle the small stuff in order to prevent the bigger stuff.

5. saffron

saffron Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    keep posting on here to let us know your ok huni please, dont go out to put the steering lock on that can wait dont let them know your scared, can you not call some friends or family to come round and sit with you??

hugs to you huni xxx

6. sumayyah

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    i live in west belfast, this is common for the area i live in, its happened b4, unfortunatly i have no friends or family over here, love the place but cant wait till i move back to england next year

7. Gemma

Gemma Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Don't go outside hun cars can be replaced if they do anything, I would still call the police coz at least then it is logged. is there any1 u can call

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Personally, Id stay inside, if your car is locked and secure (apart from the steering lock) is it really worth going out?

I know its no consolation, but with regards to the police, theyre kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. Youth disorder is such a problem, but most forces dont have the resources to deal with it, I know its no excuse, but its the truth.

Id stay inside and ignore them

*HUGS*

9. sumayyah

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    cant see em out the window anymore ( i peek out the side of the blinds so they cant see me ) hoping they dont come back but its still early

at least they didnt wake ruqayyah, last time it sent her heart rate up to 190 and her sats dropped to 60 so nearly had to call an ambulance

10. saffron

saffron Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    in that case huni lock your doors if you havent already stay away from the windows and ignore them stay on here and keep talking to us babes xx

11. ninababes

ninababes Gold Member

omg you poor thing that's terrible to be living in fear like that, isnt there anyone who can help you? xxxx

12. sumayyah

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    the kids are back and theres even more of them!
    there across the street and a few doors down at the moment and they are acctually standing infront of a cctv camera

13. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

why don't you just call the police anyway - you have nothing to lose by doing so and you never know, they may surprise you (and me)

14. crazyjane

crazyjane Unzipping the fat suit

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.81%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Claire,

please call the police, you never know, if they have someone nearby they might drive along your street and at least they would move on

thinking of you and hoping they go soon and leave you in peace

15. sumayyah

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    whats happened to todays youth!
    these kids are bout 15 - 16 years old, im only 25 but never ever would have behaved like that, if i so much as looked the wrong way at an adult you got a slap
    i must have been extremly lucky in the mothers draw as mine had my weeks activitys planned so i never had any spare time to cause mayhem

16. sumayyah

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    already called, refused to give my name or adress ( dont want cops on my doorstep, not in this area ) but they say its low priority and they will send someone when they have time i.e youve no hope and bob hope

17. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

part of the problem is they know they can get away with it.. and adult cannot give them a clip around the ears or march them off home now because the adult would be arrested. but there is so much more to it. a complex issue but New York made a change by focusing on the small petty crime, etc. the only reason the police don't have the resources is because they began focusing on the wrong thing and the less violent petty criminals began to push the limits to see what they could get away with and so on and so on and now there is a serious problem that I don't think many in a position to do something about it are aware of ('cos they live outside of these types of areas).

I've just moved from an area of SE London that has been getting worse and worse over the years. I had enough of living like that and so I've moved to a completely different area. It costs more money but I'd rather work a bit harder to cover the rent than live in fear or with my liberty being restricted by the likes of those kids wandering around outside your home right now

.......... sorry - I'm a bit passionate about this subject

18. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  19. sumayyah

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    we dont have community bobbies over here unfortunatly

some area's havea community restorative justice group ( this is a republican area ) but we dont and theres been some contraversy over them too

hoping they either get bored ( cos they obviously lurveeeeee the cold ) and go home or the police finish tea break and come on over

20. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Sorry I know this is hard for you but I DO have to take exception to the comment about the cops finishing tea.

The division I cover is totally stretched, we had one car covering a ridiculous area today. Its not unusual for the guys to work an entire 8 or 9 hour shift with no break at all, which isnt right by anyones standards.

Most cops are totally over stretched and just as frustrated as the public are with the way things are but its totally beyond their control

21. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

fair comment starlight!

Starlight likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.