O/T nintendo wii fit?

polishrose

Gold Member
Ok I recently had to claim on my house insurance for 2 laptops that got broken(got my foot caught in the cables and they fell off the coffee table-oops)-they have advised me that I will be getting a gift card for Comet and I can pretty much buy what I want with it-I'll be getting a laptop obviously, but was wondering if the wii was worth buying with the rest of the money?Anyone here have one and are they good?

I have a Wii and Wiifit. I really enjoy it,it is good fun plus i beat my hubby at mario kart alot. For entertainment it it is great. As an excersise tool you could but something better.

I agree, there are better sources of exercise. But, if you're someone who finds exercise difficult because of lack of motivation, time, finding it boring etc. then it's a good place to start. Gentle, easy exercises. Also having the yoga and stretch poses is probably good for toning if you do it enough! I'm going to try and do at least 20 minutes of yoga on mine personally.

Entertainment wise I think they're great. There's more and more games being released, and sure there'd be some you like!

I'm the sort of person who HATES all exercise, plus with 5 children I get no time to actually go out and do anything.

I'm the sort of person who HATES all exercise, plus with 5 children I get no time to actually go out and do anything.

Me too - but the wii makes it fun. At least you're doing SOMETHING! It's right that it's not particularly good for serious exercise but it is fun and you're far more likely to do it than anything else if you're anything like me. That is of course if your 5 children let you anywhere near it! x

I love my wii and my wii fit :D 6 year old likes it too :)
I do the step, hula, boxing and all the yoga. I certainly feel like I've worked my muscles(some I didn't even know I had lol) and it is fun too :)
I would say definitely get it, and wii sports, and wii play(as it comes with an extra controller at around £20-normally price for an extra one is around £45!). As someone else said Mario Kart is a great game ;)
But, absolutely, definitely get the wii fit! :D

I love wii too and as we speak my son is playing on wii play (thats probably the most played game in our house)
Wii fit is great fun... the hula and steps especially... I can't do the yoga at all!!
We got ours at christmas and all my children use the wii fit (for fun) on a daily basis.... much better than sitting and playing shoot em ups etc!
btw I am impressed at your insurance!!
I recently knocked a vase of flowers onto my LT, they took it and had it for 6 weeks. the screen was cracked and it was full of water, but they sent it back just having changed all the parts!
I was hoping for a shiny new one, but it never happened :(

Have fun if you decide to go for the wii!

x

I can't say enough good things about the Wii and the Wii Fit.
I think it's a million times better than most consoles as with a lot of games, you actually have to get up off of your bum.

Oooo that looks good! x

It is. The thing with the wii fit is the workout is all broken up, very stop and start. Though I do like it for yoga especially! Whereas this creates a complete workout.

Did my first workout using wii my fitness coach today and it was good :) I had done my usual stuff on my wii fit first too so an hour in total :)
Altogether, I did 10 mins aerobic(supa hula and advanced step), 35 minutes yoga(all poses) and then a 15 cardio workout :)

There are a couple of new exercise games coming out that you can use with the wii fit that look good, look like a better workout that what you get from the wii fit, which isn't that great for serious exercise. I don't have the links but if you look on amazon you will find them, think they are out in May.
bingbong

Serious exercise???nooooo...I'll just stick with the light fun stuff for now :D I really am very unfit so I think a gentle start is good-plus the kids might enjoy it, especially my 11 year old who has a tendency to plumpness.

I love the wii fit, im not the most energetic person but i have been going on it everyday and as everyone has said its not very serious exercise, but its better than sitting on ya bum and its something u can do as a family! "my fitness coach" for the wii fit board is really good in tesco its only £15! x

Back