• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

o/t pregnant and sore throat :(

afternoon all,

ok, i found out 2 weeks ago i was pregnant, and i am over the moon :)

thing is today i have woken with a sore throat and what feels like the start of a poxy cough/cold fluey bug. now i just been chemist and been told that i cant take anything for it. I am wondering if you lovely ladies have any remedies that you would recommend that i can use whilst pregnant?
Thanks in advance.
Tracy xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

babybloo

Extra Easy Apparently...!
Honey and lemon. I've never done it myself but I'm sure if you google you'll find a good recipe/concoction.

Hi first of all congratulations on your brilliant news!! you must be so happy!!

I had my second little boy 16 months ago now, but I was still studying at Uni throughout my pregnany so I was prone to coughs and colds!! especially freshers flu lol! It is definately best to stay away from over the counter medicines and keep natural.

I used to gurgle with salt water for my sore throat or drink hot water with honey and lemon in it. If I was congested I used to use steam inhalation, where I used to boil a kettle and pour the water into a bowl and use some eucalyptus oil. I used to do this twice a day, morning and night for about 15 mins at a time.

To try and prevent in future just make sure you have lots of foods enriched with vitamin c such as broccoli, kiwis, red and green peppers etc! these will not only benefit you but your lovely little bundle of joy!!

hope this helps xxx

I used to do it every four hours if I could. As long as you don't swallow it I am sure it is safe to do it when you want. I used to take paracetemol occassionally and my midwife said it was ok, don't use aspirin or ibruprofin though. This may help take the edge off the sore throat. I hate sore throats like that they are a pain in the ass! Just make sure you get plenty of rest too and drink lots and lots of water to keep your fluid levels up!! best of luck xx

I got the worst colds in the world within days of finding out I was pregnant, both times!!! Your immune system is just shot to bits. Plenty of vit C, and water. Honey and lemon is good. Paracetamol is OK. Rest is best. I know, I know, chance'd be a fine thing. At least with your first you can take it easy in the evenings and catch up with sleep at weekends.

Lynda

No problem glad to be able to help! sorry did not reply earlier was at my parents having dinner cooked for me lol!! I use 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and boiling water. I just mix them together in a small mug and then alter it to how sweet you like it (you can add a bit of sweetener if you desire). Works a treat for me! good luck xx

Are you not able to take cough sweeties to soothe your throat or do they have syns? :p

No problem glad to be able to help! sorry did not reply earlier was at my parents having dinner cooked for me lol!! I use 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and boiling water. I just mix them together in a small mug and then alter it to how sweet you like it (you can add a bit of sweetener if you desire). Works a treat for me! good luck xx
Thank you.
OH only got me a tiny pot of honey last night so it only did me two sittings one last night and one this morning so need to get more honey.

Joanne, I can only take lockets, any other ones have got medication in it which slows the babies heart beat down. Thanks for the suggestion though, i wasnt actually thinking of syns tbh. (for record i think cough sweets are 2 syns each)

xx

Thank you.
OH only got me a tiny pot of honey last night so it only did me two sittings one last night and one this morning so need to get more honey.

Joanne, I can only take lockets, any other ones have got medication in it which slows the babies heart beat down. Thanks for the suggestion though, i wasnt actually thinking of syns tbh. (for record i think cough sweets are 2 syns each)

xx
Oh I didnt know that, I didnt really need medicine through my pregnancy, thank goodness I didnt have a sore throat!