O/T Teeth Whitening

Foo Fan

Gold Member
Hi Guys,

Just a random question and looking for advise....

Has anyone had their Teeth whitened? If so, would you recommend it?

I was thinking of going through a dentist rather than a beauty salon - I know that its more expensive but thought they might have better results?

Any advise would be fab!!

Hi Guys,

Just a random question and looking for advise....

Has anyone had their Teeth whitened? If so, would you recommend it?

I was thinking of going through a dentist rather than a beauty salon - I know that its more expensive but thought they might have better results?

Any advise would be fab!!

Hi there, sorry i haven't but i'd love to have mine done too, my friend did have this done via her dentist, she didn't have any laser treatment, just the gum shield type things with the bleach gel. You could really see a difference but i remember her saying it was quite uncomfortable and expensive.

I'd posted something O/T regarding eyelash growth serums, wondering if anyone has tried them or has any info on them, as the stuff you can find online is so misleading, just wondering if a 'real' person on here has tried them.

Anyway, hope you get a useful reply :)

x

Thanks for your post :)

RE - eyelash growth serums
I've never heard of them - but sounds just like a money making scheme to me? Surely your eyelashes cant grow any more than they already do? I'm a sucker for beauty products but don't think I would try this.

ive just bought soe teeth whitening stuff from boots i the 3 for 2 offer, hope it works, the reviews are really good!

I've had my teeth whitened and yes it works, but i couldnt have it done again as the shields make me gag.

I've been whitening my teeth for about 12 years (not all the time mind!). I initially ordered online in America and had great results and converted all my friends at the time. The only thing that can be tricky are the teeth moulds, with the kits you usually have to create your own impression in the plastic mouth guards and sometimes it is a challenge to get a good fit on your teeth.

I went to a dentist first thinking I'd get a better result but no, 400 quid down the drain as it was at the time and only a tiny bit lighter (although my teeth were very light in colour anyway apparently)

The thing is I went to my own dentist and, again, I thought I'd get a stronger solution, but I happened to check after getting fitted for a mouth guard and the solution he was using as a dentist was less than the percentage of the one I was getting from America. So, in the end, I cancelled with him, paid the lab fees for getting a mouth guard fitted and he ended up wanting me to bring him a kit I had ordered to see if he could get the same strength for future!

I don't really do teeth whitening now as I have really sensitive teeth, not due to the kits but because of a major fizzy drink habit, and the kits can make your teeth sensitive, but definitely if you already have sensitive teeth...no go.

I tried all the chemist type ones initially and not much difference. You can get the high strength kits online for like 10 or 20 quid or less in some places, ebay etc. Look for something with a high concentration of carbamide peroxide if that is any help. Maybe get mouth guards done at the dentist though, for a perfect fit?

Fab thanks - ill look into it x

I was told by the dentist that its really easy to strip the enamel off your teeth with home/salon treatments (I guess they would say that though)

Also when i asked em if there was any point if i have no intention of stopping drinking coffee or red wine and she said Not really lol.....

X

I have the eyelash serum. I think it works a bit, I would buy it again , as it has improved my eyelashes after being damaged by false ones.

My uncle has glaucoma , the treatment has made his lashes thick, dark and long. So I guess it is possible to make hair grow , as mad as it seems.
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hiya i had my mine done a couple of years ago at a beauty place (with the solution on the teeth and lying under a light for an hour)

it definately worked- and lasted almost a year, but no one noticed unless i told them (most likely the case with anyone unless you had really yellow teeth to start with lol)

let us no what you end up doing - and if it works :)

I'd love to have my teeth whitened! I drink way too much tea ^^

Can I just highly recommend Oral B Pro-Expert Whitening toothpaste here!
It's €4.75 here in Ireland so probably around £4.00 in the UK.
I'm using it for the last two weeks everyday and my teeth are already a shade whiter!
I used it last year for about 6 weeks when I was to be a bridesmaid and my teeth were at least three shades whiter
for the day. I could really notice it in the photo.
So no need to spend a fortune girlies!
Make sure it's the toothpaste specifically targeted at whitening though. All the others have mild whitening
properties but concentrate on other things like there's an Enamel Repair one and several others which say "whitening"
in the list on the box. So make sure its the Pro-Expert Whitening one! x

Back