O/T Why do I waste my breath!!!

kellymundy

Gold Member
I've started to sell things on ebay to make some more money and I decided because I've been messed around by so many people in the past that I would state in all my ads that payment must be made within 24hrs or if paying by cheque I must be contacted within that time to let me know the cheque is in the post. I've made myself very clear that I will report anyone as a non payer if they don't abide by this rule, which I thought (ha ha ha!) would be enough to put anyone off messing me about (he he he!).
I've only been selling stuff for a week and I've already had 2 people win a bid just to 2 minutes later e-mail me to tell me they can't send me payment until this Friday!!!!:eek:
I know it's only a couple of days but it's just really got on my wick that people just ignore a rule that you have clearly set out and think it'll be ok *rant rant rant*:mad:. I now don't know what to do...do I tell them I clearly stated I needed payment sent within 24hours one way or another and unless they do this I will report them and relist the item? Or, do I totally ignore my own rule (why not they thought it was good enough for them to do!!!) and let it slide???
Sorry rant over!

what you selling kelly??

Hi
if you put in your ad that you accept cheques, then it will make people think that you have time to wait for them to be posted out, so surely you can wait till payday (2days) till they pay you by paypal. Is it paypal?
Remember, you may not have got as high bid as you did considering most people are skint at this time of the month, till friday.
Not saying it was RIGHT to ignore your request, but try to view it positively and dont stress yourself

:argh:

Womens clothes (sizes 8-12) and accesories (anyone interested?:D)
What gets me is the person who just did this bought the item for 99p so there is no real reason she can't pay now, it's not like it will break the bank is it! LOL

how can i view your items kelly?

Hi
if you put in your ad that you accept cheques, then it will make people think that you have time to wait for them to be posted out, so surely you can wait till payday (2days) till they pay you by paypal. Is it paypal?
Remember, you may not have got as high bid as you did considering most people are skint at this time of the month, till friday.
Not saying it was RIGHT to ignore your request, but try to view it positively and dont stress yourself

:argh:
If they wanted to do this though they should have at least had the courtesy to contact me before bidding don't you think (or is it just me that would be that polite?:D).
Thing is I'm not the only seller on ebay that states this sort or rule so it's hardly an unusual request.
As for them thinking I can wait because I've stated I can accept cheques I've stated that if they wish do to this I must be contacted within 24hrs and told it is in the post i.e I don't have time to wait butam being conciderate to those without a paypal account.
Just read that last bit back and it sounds like I'm having a go at you Jellybabie...trust me I'm not!:D

my e-bay seller name is kjmundy I think you can search me out somehow. (god this is shameless self promotion!!! LOL)

Payment within 24 hours is quite strict to be honest, ebays guidelines are usually 3 days. 24 hours might not always be possible. I know I often use a sniper programme for buying things and win at the last minute but with work etc might not be back online to pay within 24 hours, not often mind you but it has happened :)

Do you sell by auction or BIN, if its BIN why not set it so its Immediate Payment only option that way people know straight away.

If you do insist on payment within 24 hours personally Id stop taking cheques, taking cheques just allows people to really mess you around (speaking from bitter ebay experience here lol)

I do it all by auction Starlight so I can't set it up for immediate payment (don't see why they can't do this on auctions to!).
I know 24hrs is strict but I've got so many items on the go that I need to keep track of what is going on and having to wait for people to pull their fingers out just doesn't work for me. Thing is it's not like these people can't get to a computer to pay, they've e-mailed me straight after winning, why can't they just pay then??? LOL
The last person didn't even say how they intended to pay (haven't answered my e-mail asking) they just said they will pay on Friday.
Thing is if I didn't have the money to pay within the time stated then I wouldn't bid out of respect to the seller (god I'm to polite!!! LOL).

i know your not having a go Kelly LOL its fine!
I understand where your coming from, but maybe its the fact that it only went for 99p that is peeing you off the most? That annoys me lol!
But i just dont think its worth getting yourself stressed about (esp if u r on a diet!)
At least they never said they WONT pay LOL.
listen to me, ever the optimist today!

What it went for doesn't bother me in the slightest Jellybabie after all I've still made a profit believe it or not. It is purely the rudeness and the lack of consideration from these people!

Payment within 24 hours is quite strict to be honest, ebays guidelines are usually 3 days. 24 hours might not always be possible. I know I often use a sniper programme for buying things and win at the last minute but with work etc might not be back online to pay within 24 hours, not often mind you but it has happened :)

Do you sell by auction or BIN, if its BIN why not set it so its Immediate Payment only option that way people know straight away.

If you do insist on payment within 24 hours personally Id stop taking cheques, taking cheques just allows people to really mess you around (speaking from bitter ebay experience here lol)

Ooooooh whats a sniper programme, tell me more :D

Ive never understood why they dont have the immediate payment option for auctions either... it cant be that hard to implement surely??

I must admit if I win something and am paying by PP I do usually pay as soon as I see Ive won. Sorry kelly I didnt realise they were paying by PP AND had already emailed you - ok that IS just mad, Id rather pay and put a message on my PP payment lol

I think if you take cheques though you always run a risk of being messed around :( I dont have the patience for them anymore, used to love going to the bank with a pile of them to pay in, now theyre just a nusciance :)

Your listings look great and the way youve worded the 24 hours thing seems more than reasonable, dont know what more you can do.

Dont mean to be cheeky but are your starting prices not awful low, your stuff looks lovely!!!

Kelly you are aware that sellers can no longer leave feedback arnt you? i was treading on egg shells to be honest, waiting for that neg or neut (yes a neutral is counted towards feedback now :( ) .. and dsr's if they go below a certain % you get kicked off ebay and if your feedback goes below a certain % that also gets you kicked off!!

i gave up, fed of worrying if and when!!

everyone on the boards these days feel the same, being as nice as possible to the buyer, giving free postage just to please them and to get good dsr's even that didnt please the buyers!

wish you all the luck :)

Back