Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

O/T Working Tax Credit

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by suepat10, 18 June 2009 Social URL.

1. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Apologies to those on my Facebook as I've already had a rant there to.

It really is getting beyond a joke!! Mid-May I submitted a new claim. 4th June I rang to see how it was going. They said there was no sign of it on the system so they'd put through a trace which would take up to two weeks.

I've rung periodically over the two weeks and everytime they've said the 2 weeks is up today. So, I rung today.

Well, according to 'Andrew' the two weeks isn't up today. The department in question doesn't work at the weekend so 2 weeks is actually next Wednesday!!! That's 14 working days. What a load of c**p. Surely 2 weeks is 2 weeks, whether they work Mon-Fri or Sun-Sat.

Funny how the story has changed. I reckon because I had rows with them over my last claim, they've a note on my file saying 'awkward *****, don't help'. Or it could be that my ex-husband and I are temporarily living under the same roof and they think I'm trying to defraud them & I'm being investigated!

I double checked with the CAB that my circumstances (although we are under one roof we aren't a couple in any way shape or form!!!) were fine to claim and they confirmedit - and having read all the literature the Tax Credit people give out I'm definitely fine.

Anyway, it's now been around 6 weeks since I claimed and nothing. The earliest they'll send new forms out will be enxt Wednesday. It's going to be over 2 months by the time this is sorted!!!

Sorry for the rant but their ineptitude is frustrating!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sanicholl

sanicholl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I completely understand hun tax credits are a nightmare. Thankfully over the last couple of years everything has been sort of ok but in the past they neglected to pay me for 9 months and had to pay for nursery bills of £750 a month on credit cards. I had a breakdown over the whole mess as I eventually had to go bankrupt as all my bills from the 9 months mounted up so high (and my partner was out of work at the time) that I had no way of paying for anything.

Saying that last year my partner and I had a break and he moved into my mums until we sorted stuff out. At the time we had no romantic links other than being the parents to our 2 children. I was investigated by tax credits in belfast and was even informed that we had to claim as a couple as he was living with MY mum and therefore we had a financial link. (the girl I spoke to in the investigation department in belfast thought she had put me on hold but actually didn't and I heard her saying to her colleague "what will I tell her" and her mate said " just tell her there is a financial link". What a load of crap! They have no idea what they are doing and generally make it up as they go along.

I really hope that this gets sorted for you as I know from my own experience that you rely on the money. If the situation gets really bad contact your local MP and see if they can help. Big Hugs :jelous:

4. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Shirley

Sorry to hear about the hassles you had x

My last claim ended with an alleged overpayment of £1,900 which I disputed for months but because of the wording on their forms they were 'right'. I read on a forum about a high court judge who has said morally and ethically he agrees with the public but his hands are tied.

I gave in in the end and negotiated repayments and was then informed that now I was going to 'co-operate' they would try and track my ex-partner. Very patronising!

Fortunately my ex-partner and I can show we have no link whatsoever financially except me paying my share of some bills.

Ah well, at least it's building up a good backpayment though money is VERY tight at the moment!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.