Oat bran makes me feel sluggish

dottyshirl

I am not happy eating Oat bran, I feel sluggish and bloated (not gassy). Is it imperative that I eat the oat bran ? Does anybody else feel this way ? Would appreciate your advice x

I felt this at the beginning but my body has got used to it. The message i have got it that it is a must (the main source of fibre). Dr Dukan says that his diet is like a prescription and everything he 'prescribes' is for a purpose. . . Including the oat bran im afraid! :-(

Maybe try eating it at a different time of day to what you have been doing, I have been eating mine for breakfast and feel ok so far!

Maybe try having it in 2 or 3 separate portions then it doesn't hit the tum all at once - say some sprinkled on yoghurt, some as porridge and some as a gallette or a muffin?

It does swell up in the stomach, which of course is why it makes you feel full, as well as being lots of fibre. i have to admit I really like the oatbran now, much prefer it to anything wheat based like bread or cakes ( really I do!)

I rarely bothered with it as it upsets my stomach, I still lost 2lbs a week, and have maintained since. I tend to use a little in the odd recipe instead, which is ok, but a daily dose is just too much. A need for fibre has never been a problem for me....ahem...if you get my drift?

I have to say that I no longer take it and I am also trying my best to stay away from sweetened yogurt as well. But for me it has to do with cravings and I am trying to control it this time around, particularly my enormous sweet tooth which was out of control once I started conso. :(

Am wondering if it is affecting me, I am just so very very tired, am into the second week now, I have it sprinkled in yoghurt for breakfast, as yet do not feel energised, and I am following the diet to the T and after 9 days have only lost 6lbs :(

I use my oatbran for porridge at breakfasts, and muffins during the day. You need the oatbran to help with cholestrol and it also swells in the stomach and as it passes thru the system it attacts the bad stuff in the food we eat so you pass it without storing it.

Got used to oatbran now, my breakfast this morning was an oatbran pancake topped with one slice boiled ham, tbs cottage cheese and a poached egg yummy, very filling but all legal, also have had in 0% yoghurt. Glad I persevered with it after realising the "good" it does. Thanks for all your advice x

Back