oats so simple

Noddynoobs

hi all,

just a quick question about oat so simple. i know the 180ml of milk that goes in to it would be part of my HEX, do i need to syn the oats. Ive worked out that the oats has 100 cals (for 27g) so would that be 5 syns for it? hope that makes sense! :eek:

Thanks

you could use it as a healthy extra b choice.

Only the plain ones are free (and technically you are supposed to have a scan bran with it as well, I'm in the camp that if you dont eat the extra thing its fine - others think if you dont eat the scan bran you have to syn it)

What is definite though is that the flavoured Oats So Simple are NOT a healthy extra - they are all around 6 syns or so I think. The extra sugar and lower fibre content compared to the plain variety means they do not qualify as a healthy extra.

Only the plain ones are free (and technically you are supposed to have a scan bran with it as well, I'm in the camp that if you dont eat the extra thing its fine - others think if you dont eat the scan bran you have to syn it)

What is definite though is that the flavoured Oats So Simple are NOT a healthy extra - they are all around 6 syns or so I think. The extra sugar and lower fibre content compared to the plain variety means they do not qualify as a healthy extra.

mmm didn't realise that. In which case I will go back to my own porridge oats (or the plain oat so simple) and add my own teaspoon of golden syrup which I believe is just one syn. Thanks for pointing this out as I truely misunderstood this :)

thanks for your replies ladies. think i will have to get the plain ones aswell.

i did see a new flavour last night though...white choc and raspberry...bet thats nice!

You can have some flavoured dorset porridge sachets though!

Back