Obese diabetic with high BP & insulin!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Maximus, 9 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Sounds very grim does that little lot, but encouragingly, for the first time in what seems like years, it looks like light at the end of the tunnel! - Already I've been able to stop injecting and taking the insulin. My medication has also been reduced. In just 4 weeks of SW (plus a little more before that just being sensible) this chage has come about after my annual review at clinic.

My always-high BP is under control and that coupled with the weight loss is very encouraging. The weight loss itself is a very good thing, but the others are very much a non-scale victory, or rather small series of victories:)

I mention that on here, as a lot of people would have similar issues and problems with being overweight - namely hypertension, diabetes (type II), high Cholestrol. My cholestrol was one of the few things that was ok with me, and is even better now!

Just hope that little lot might encourage others that the SW way, healthy eating and regular exercise can make a difference to ongoing health problems in such a short space of time. If throwing away those needles doesn't encourage me nothing will!

Steve

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. clairex

clairex Silver Member

Congrats! what fab things you have achieved so far :D really pleased for you hun xxx

4. Safia

Safia Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That is really good you should be proud of yourself xx

5. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's amazing that "just" losing a bit of weight can have such a huge effect on our health. Well done :D

6. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Yes - my 1lb gain didn't even spoil my week this week. I'm sure I can kick-on and get this thing under control.

Thanks for all the encouragement - it really is nice to share these times:eek:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.