Obnoxious person at my group putting me off

Polkadots

Sorry, this is more like a moan..
there is this one person that is really rude. The groups time and location is convenient to me so not keen on changing...anyone else has one of those annoying people at group? how do you deal with them?

Last edited:
Polkadots said:
Sorry, this is more like a moan..
there is this one person that is really rude. The groups time and location is convenient to me so not keen on changing...anyone else has one of those annoying people at group? how do you deal with them?

Either ignore them, or if it's that bad that you're thinking of leaving, speak to your C about it :)

Is the person rude in general, or just rude to you? If htey are rude ot you, then say something to them, politely of course. If they are generally just rude, then you might just need to bite your tongue. Its tough - I have someone in my group I could cheerfully throttle most weeks, I've learnt to tune her out now mostly.

They're rude in general. Yeah, I'll just try and zone her out....... It's not worth letting it stop me from attending the group. thanks both :)

Polkadots said:
They're rude in general. Yeah, I'll just try and zone her out....... It's not worth letting it stop me from attending the group. thanks both :)

Change how you feel about her, because as you dread seeing her you will tense up and then EVERYTHING she says will be annoying (I'm not saying she's not rude or that you are wrong, this is to make you feel better). Try thinking of ONE thing you quite like about her. Even if it's just her shoes and then think of her as 'the lady with the lovely shoes' or whatever, so it's a positive thing and not 'that rude cow with the frizzy hair'!!!!
Also greet her with a smile imagine she's your granny/auntie/best friend or even a kiddie, just don't pinch her cheeks lol! It's a weird thing that when you respond positively to a negative person things improve.
Failing that slip a giant bar of dairy milk in her bag so that she falls off t'wagon!!!! Lol

Back