obsessed with the scales ARGGGG

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by dona, 9 September 2010 Social URL.

1. dona

dona Member

This is day 15 for me, i have lost 13lbs which is great:D:D but i am obsessed with weighting myself every morning but for the last 3 morning they have been stuck on 13.1 and now i feel like im not getting any where:cry:. I now is shouldn't weigh myself everyday but iv always been like this when on a diet.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. spyro2008

spyro2008 I will never give up

Start Weight:
    17st5.6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.8lb(5.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world ee
    hi yes i was like that too but you have to try not too as some days you will stay the same but if your not cheating then it will definately fall off the last 2 days before your weigh in i try and weigh half way through the week then leave the other weigh in to the pharmacy if you really cant wait then try that at lease you know youve only got to wait a few days before stepping on. hope that helps

4. SandraB

SandraB Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Counting calories
    I'm doing exactly the same as you Dona. I'm down 10lbs as of this morning and this is day 9. It works for me, though, it's when I stop standing on the scales that I slip into bad habits.....I realise that the scales can't go down every single day, that's just not possible, but they should go down nearly every other day and that good enough to keep me going.....

5. Blow Fish

Blow Fish Member

At 1 point I stood on the scales everytime I had a wee!! Have stoppd now though, especially after i gained 5lb throughout the course of 1 day. I did loose weight that week so know that it was just the standard weight fluctuation. I don't do it anymore, just can't do it to myself.

6. AliLD

AliLD Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(17.14%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Lol! I do the same too. On week 4 now and have finally started to miss the odd day. Same as you, if I don't weigh regularly then I end up being naughty and gaining. I have scale OCD! Ali x

7. Clepottage

Clepottage Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.38%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim TFR
    Me too. Every morning, after weeing but before dressing; it helps keep me motivated and on the straight and narrow.

8. LincsBren

LincsBren Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.41%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS from April
    I'm the same as Clee - and we're in our 6th week! I do find it helps though - even when they don't move. It helps guide me a bit - if they haven't moved for a couple of days, I try and drink more. Last week mine went UP and I panicked a bit and used my ketostix to check I was in ketosis - I wasn't, which I think was somehow tied to TOTM (as I hadn't cheated!) but in a way it was reassuring to see a reason and I feel I'm getting to know how my body reacts to things more now.

9. i'mgonnabeskinnybyXmas

i'mgonnabeskinnybyXmas From Piglet to Twiglet

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(12.18%)
    Diet:
    LT alternating with SBD
    I always get weighed every day because (cue lengthy anecdote...)

years ago, I had a housefire and we lived in a flat with few belongings (including no scales). After a few weeks, I bought some new scales and stood on them. I had gained a couple of stones, according to the scales. I took them back to Argos and complained they were broken. The assistant (straight-faced) changed them. When I got home... you know the rest!

10. dona

dona Member

Well i'm glads it's not just me lol

11. SandraB

SandraB Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Counting calories
    Oh my god! Sorry sweetheart but this made me giggle.....I bet you wanted the ground to open up and swallow you! But.....I know what you mean, I've never left it long enough to register a couple of stones different but I can gain 10lbs without too much trouble.

And, yes, I did stand on the scales this morning, no change today still 10lbs down!!!

12. dona

dona Member

Well i hoped on the scales this morning and yayyy im 1lb down its not much but iv lost 1 whole stone now:D. Im going to start drinking more water, (when im at work i get through loads but at home i tend to 4get) so hopefully 2mora i'l be in the 12s.

13. SandraB

SandraB Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Counting calories
    Fabulous! I'm looking forward to the 12's as well.....only 2 lbs to go so by the time I get back on the scales on Monday (am away for the weekend and NO SCALES!) I should be there!!!!

14. Daisy1966

Daisy1966 Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Ok people ! Back away from the scales !! lol we can all weigh differently throughout the day and it may not be a true reading so if getting on the scales makes you feel motivated and spurs you on then carry on but if it makes you hesterical and weepy and especially if youve ever had to go downstairs and outside to retrieve the scales after throwing them through the window then dont do it!! lol xx :)

15. SandraB

SandraB Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Counting calories
    mmmm are you talking from experience here Daisy?!

16. Daisy1966

Daisy1966 Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    No lol I dont have any scales at home , but if I did and if i kept getting on them I would be on an emotional rollercoaster depending on what they said lol so Im not buying any until I like what they say lol xx

17. SandraB

SandraB Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Counting calories
    ooooohhhhh, you're sooooo sensible! I guess that's why you've lost so much weight;)

18. Daisy1966

Daisy1966 Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    lol Thanks Sandra, although it might be a different story if i actually had scales sitting on my bathroom floor and I had to walk past the 100 times a day. :) xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.