OBSESSIVE WEIGHING

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
:eek:
ok so when dieting i have an obsession.

i get the scales out and weigh myself all the time i know i shouldnt but i do so i know what im doing is working.

ive done this as long as i can remember :(:sigh:

SO..... i set myself a goal this week

NO WEIGHING AFTER WEIGH IN UNTIL MY NEXT WEIGH IN

I weigh on a monday and its now friday and i still havent jumped on the scales.:p

i will go all the way to mon:)

anyone else do the same and want the support to stop the OBSESSIVE WEIGHING

THEN JOIN THIS THREAD:)

Cat, im exactly the same! The minute i get home from weigh in, i immediatly go and weigh myself on my scales (just so i know exactly how much i was when i weighed in as they tend to differ a bit)

Then i weigh myself a few times a day, and get very dissapointed if it says i put on. I weigh in at 10am on a Friday so its bound to differ throughout the day due to eating, but i still get down about it lol!

I think the only way forward for me would be to get rid of the scales...... but i dont want to! Lol. It lets me know if im on track and havnt had a gain as of yet so maybe ill keep them :p

You will have to post about your weight loss to let us know if it has made any difference not weighing all week.

-x-

oh i will be doing it has felt good not weighing im not ruled by the scales like i usually am and ive been really good

Hey everyone..

I too lvoe the scales! it's a really good feeling when you've lost 1/2lb or something! The thing is apparently you're weight can fluctuate between a couple of lbs per day so really its pointless to weigh daily.....I did for a while and wrote it down just as an experiement really....

I have these fandangle scales that send your weight/fat % to a graph on the coputer/phone app...i weigh in kg and then x 2.2 (for lbs) then /14 to get stone and lbs.....its always different to the amount on the scales..does anyone know if thats the right way to convert kg to stone?

Yes that correct. Times kilos by 2.2 and then divide by 14. So 100 kilos would be 220 lb then divide by 14. Answer 15.71428..... etc so that is 15 stone 10 lb.

Btw I'm a serial weigher too :eek:

cat yoyo greaves said:
oh i will be doing it has felt good not weighing im not ruled by the scales like i usually am and ive been really good

Ok so for past few days I've been dying to weigh myself but I've managed to resist weigh in tonight so will let you know how it goes I hope its good

WOW 3lb LOSS

well ive resisted weighing myself obsessively every day this week

i set myself a challenge and stuck to it

AND LOST 3LB:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

so im not weighing anything other than my hex a and b or syns until next monday;)

anyone want to take my ban the bathroom scales challenge;):):):)

Ok so for past few days I've been dying to weigh myself but I've managed to resist weigh in tonight so will let you know how it goes I hope its good

Maybe next time I'm away for the week and there are no scales available :p

I do this too !!! I find that i wake up go for a wee then jump on .... but i know ( and i really dont understand this !) but after ive had my cup of tea and go back upstairs to get dressed i weigh again before i do and im always that bit lighter - totally weird !

I dont think its something i will ever be able to drop when im dieting ... im one of those that needs to see change to keep going !!

good luck tho and im happy you have over come it x

resisted obsessively weighing myself for 2 wk and lost 8lb

:D:D:D:D:D:Dno weighing and a 5 lb loss this week:D:D:D:D:D:D
GO MEEEEEEEEEE:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
i was totally :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: shocked
in a good way
im keeping this up

Well done everyone so far. I too am obsessed slightly with weighing myself every morning and about 4 or 5 times on weigh in day. I know it's wrong but just can't help myself. Think I'll try my best this week with no scales see if I can get. Nice surprise at then end of the week. Finger crossed, lol

Hi All - I am the same! I weigh in on a Wednesday evening class. I have however let myself use my own scales once during the week, which is on a Sunday Morning. I then know how careful I need to be for the next 4 days - it focuses my mind after the weekend ;) .....thats what I like to tell myself anyway!!

Ooops!

Xx

To my fellow obsessive weighers, when do you usually see a difference in your weight over the week? At the minute I'm 11 st 12.75lbs which is a quarter of a pound heavier than last Sunday. I know this is why we shouldn't obsessively weigh but I don't think I'll be able to go cold turkey.

Answered the wrong post then, hence the oops before!

Anyway what I was going to say was:

Usually the morning following my weigh in:) I always weigh a good pound less ! It's sods law :)

Xx

Back