odd_sock's fresh start/need a kick up the bum food diary (mainly green days)

odd_sock

Heya Everyone,

I've decided enough is enough I have been messing around since my birthday in June, since then I've been about 10% on plan if that. In the past going back to writing everything down has got me back on track but it's not working this time so I thought if I put my food diary online for you all to read (if you want of course) I might feel more accountable and pull my finger out and get back to losing ways.

I've had a Macdonalds today and a boozy night planned so drawing a line after tonight and will start recording my food diary from tomorrow morning.

See you on the other side :p x

Last edited:
I believe that's the best way to get on track - write everything down and prepare a food plan, a few days in advance.
Just look where you came from, over 3 stones lighter, that is an amazing achievement and only just over 2 stones to go.
Go for it - you CAN do it!
Tina

Hiya popping over to as a back up kick in the bum if needed ;) yes it works for me writing it down on here :) good luck
:)

Hiya and thanks to you both for your kind words.

Had a pretty good day today. Having a green day and so far I've had;

Breakfast -
Porridge (heb) made with 3/4 of my milk hea.

Lunch -

2 x hash browns (4.5), eggs fried in frylight, a large flat mushroom baked in the oven and beans.

Dinner -

Roast chicken (heb), roast potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, sprouts, 2 small yorkshire puds (4) and gravy (2).

Drinks and Snacks -

2 x 1l bottles of water
1 x 750ml bottle of water
2 x tea, used the last 1/4 of my hea milk between these
1 glass of NAS squash
Tomato and herb mugshot
Activia FF forest fruit yoghurt
Activia FF cherry yoghurt

10.5 syns so far and feeling full after dinner so don't think I'll be having anything else x

Well done for committing again; sometimes you just need a little break, but now is the time to get sorted, before you undo your fantastic work - I can relate as I have been using those "flexible syns" for a month, due to birthdays etc (not even mine!) and basically stayed the same. Im hoping WI tomorrow will show a loss as I have been about 95% on plan this week...here's hoping. Good luck with getting back on plan; try browsing the recipies and waking up your enthusiasm?

Hiya popping over to as a back up kick in the bum if needed ;) yes it works for me writing it down on here :) good luck
:)

And me -- Good Luck - again.

Thanks Systema.

Well ended up having a mini ice lolly last night as well (2 syns) so a total of 12.5 syns for me yesterday. One day down and many more to come :D x

Thanks :) - one day at a time. Keep up your good work today :)

Cheers Fizzybee, how'd you get on today?

Another green day for me today;

Breakfast -

Porridge (heb) made with milk (hea)

Lunch -

Salad made up of cherry tomatoes, cucumber and peppers.

Dinner -

Chicken (heb) curry (5) with half SW chips and rice.

Drinks and Snacks -

3 x glasses of NAS squash
2 x 1l bottles of water
Spicy sweet and sour mugshot
WW toffee apple yogurt (
1/2)
Activa FF blueberry yogurt

Looking like 5 1/2 syns for me today as I'll be off to bed once my work stuffs finished in the dryer.

Ooo before I go, has anyone tried the WW toffee apple dessert yogurts? I can't tell you how nice they are and feel much naughtier than just 1/2 a syn x

I was v pleased with WI today; a loss of 4 lb :D - feel like I'm back on track now after a bit of a hazy time food-wise. I'm also having a giggle at myself because I am finding it so interesting reading what other people are having to eat, lol. I know I should really do an online diary but I am so rubbish at remembering to update regularly it would look like I was starving (haha). Never thought to do SW chips with curry & rice, makes it more takeaway-ish..mmm

Woo go you hun :D well done. mmm the chips went so well with the curry and rice, I hadn't thought of it either until I seen someone else post about having it last week.

Another green day for me today, had a snack attack while OH was out this evening and feel like I've overdone it on yogurts but at least they're free lol

Breakfast -

Porridge (heb) made with semi-skimmed milk (hea)

Lunch -

Cherry plum tomato, cucumber and sweet bite pepper salad. WW raspberry tart yogurt

Dinner -

Quorn spag bol with cheese on top (hea)

Drinks and Snacks -

1 x glass of NAS squash
2 x NAS squash and diet lemonade
1 x 1l bottle of water
Activia FF Strawberry yogurt
WW Lemon tart yogurt
Cheese (6)

Got a heb left so might have some toast for supper x

WI today for me, 3lb off :) very pleased with that.

Had a major case of munchies today but stuck to free and low syn things.

Green day again today, and here's what I had;

Breakfast -

Lunch -

Salad made with tomatoes, cucumber and sweet bite peppers. Activia FF strawberry yogurt

Dinner -

Chicken (heb) done in Colmans garlic and herb season and shake (2.5), SW chips and beans. Activia FF strawberry yogurts.

Drinks and Snacks -

1 x NAS squash
1 x NAS squash and diet lemonade
1 x 1l bottle of water
Belgium chocolate (2.5)
Chicken and herb low fat supernoodles
2 x apples
Activia FF blueberry yogurt
Activia FF forest fruits yogurt
Thai style sweet chilli flavour soya and potato snacks (4.5​)

9.5 syns for me today x

Had a planned flexisyn day yesterday as I was out from mid-afternoon with OHs family. I set my limit as 100 syns as I knew we were having a meal out and it was going to be boozy.

Breakfast -

Lunch -

Chicken mayo baguette (20) and salted McCoys (8.5)

Dinner -

Sweet chilli noodles (
1)

Drinks and Snacks -

3 x NAS squash
Apple
Thai sweet chilli crisps (
4.5)
Low fat chilli chicken supernoodles
2 x pints of diet coke
JD and diet coke, vodka and diet coke and sambuca (
37)

71 syns in total, glad I stuck with spirits as my usual cider would have hammered the syns x

Well done with your 3lb loss! And you've saved 29syns yesterday, lol - seriously, well done for staying within your limits, especially when alcohol is involved (that's when I lose the ability to count!). Im on track this week so far, and have saved some syns for chippy lunch tomorrow and wine tomorrow night, so all is well. Hope you aren't having the hangover munchies :)

Thanks Fizzybee, no hangover munchies or hangover for that matter - I got lucky :). I hope you enjoy your chippy and wine tomorrow.

Another green day for me.

Breakfast -

Fried (in frylight) egg sandwich, made with 2 x WM bread (heb + 2), light spread (3) and 2 x eggs

Lunch -

Veg stir fry (
1)

Dinner -

Bacon (heb) and tomato pasta with cheese (hea)

Drinks and Snacks -

5 x glasses of NAS sqaush
cheese (hea)

6 syns for me today x

Didn't have time to update last night. Another green day for me yesterday and here's how it went;

Breakfast -

Lunch -

Tesco tomato and cheese pasta (10)

Dinner -

Veg stir fry

Drinks and Snacks -

4 x glasses of NAS squash
2 x 600ml bottles of pepsi max
1 x 1l bottle of water
Spicy sweet and sour mugshot
Thai sweet chilli crisps (4.5)

14.5 syns in total.

Seem to be getting my head back where it needs to be - bring on 4 stone award for (or just before) my 1 year SW annivarsay in August x

Another green day for me yesterday.

Breakfast -

Lunch -

Tomato + herb mugshot, sweetcorn, banana + custard mullerlight and grapes

Dinner -

Roast chicken (heb), roast potatoes, 1 x yorkshire pud (2​), broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts and gravy (2)

Drinks and Snacks -

2 x glasses of NAS squash
2 x 1l bottles of water
2 x 500ml bottles of coke zero
cheese (hea)
fresh pineapple
2 x ice lollies (
7)

11 syns in total x

Green day again for me.

Breakfast -

Lunch -

Cherry tomatoes, cucumber and sweetbite peppers

Dinner -

Chicken (heb) jalfrezi with rice

Drinks and Snacks -

3 x glasses of NAS squash
2 x 1l bottle of water
cheese (hea)
3 x ice lollies (10.5)

10.5​ syns in total x

Back