OddSock's NEW food diary!

Discussion in 'Healthy Eating Forum' started by OddSock, 28 January 2011 Social URL.

1. OddSock

OddSock Veggiesaurus

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World (Vegan)
    Hi everyone!

I'm new to the healthy eating forum after defecting from Slimming World- it wasn't working for me, so I've decided to branch out on my own and follow the common sense approach to weight loss- a healthy diet and increased exercise. I'm kicking things off with a detox, details of which will follow on my next post, and I'm excited to get started.

I won't be doing weekly weigh-ins as I found them very stressful and quite demoralising, but I will occasionally weigh myself to check my progress. It's about lifestyle for me this time, not just weight loss, so my measures of progress will relate more to how I'm feeling, how my skin looks, how my energy levels are, etc.

I'm also transitioning gradually to becoming vegan again: I've been vegetarian for almost a year after 13 years of veganism, and vegetarianism just doesn't suit me, so I'm going back to what I know best. However, I want to get there in a gradual and healthy manner, so I'll be taking it slowly.

In addition, I want to increase the amount of exercise I'm doing, and I want to start meditation to manage my stress levels, as I think it's important to take care of myself mentally as well as physically. I look forward to sharing my journey with all of you!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. OddSock

OddSock Veggiesaurus

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World (Vegan)
    I've decided to do a five-day detox from Monday to Friday next week- I do love a good detox and it'll help me to get back into healthy eating! Basically all dairy, caffeine and processed foods will be out, and whole grains, legumes, pulses, fruit and veg will be in. Here's what I propose:

Breakfast

Each day I will have porridge made with water and sweetened with agave, with omega-rich seeds sprinkled on top, followed by either a piece of fruit or a glass of fruit juice, and a herbal tea.

Lunch

Depending on whether I'm in uni or at home, I'll improvise slightly on lunches. Options include:
    - miso soup, followed by fruit
    - houmous and carrot sticks
    - houmous and salad on wholemeal bread
    - vegetable soup

Tea

At teatime, I will become queen of the casserole dish! I'll make meals which will last for two days at a time, since I have quite a busy week next week:
    - Monday and Tuesday: oven-baked red pepper risotto with steamed green beans and baby corn
    - Wednesday and Thursday: chickpea, sweet potato and quinoa casserole
    - Friday: Unsure yet as I'll be out with friends, hopefully salad or a rice-based dish

Snacks

Fruit, carrot sticks, nuts and seeds, Graze boxes

Drinks

Water (and lots of it!), fruit juice once a day, herbal/fruit tea

I'll also be upping my exercise levels, and I'm hoping to go to a meditation class on Tuesday if my uni timetable allows.

Let's hope it works! :)

4. OddSock

OddSock Veggiesaurus

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World (Vegan)
    Detox, Day 1

Breakfast: Porridge made with water and sweetened with agave, topped with blueberries. Apple and blueberry tea
    Lunch: Multiseed bagel with houmous, spinach and tomato
    Tea: Stir-fried veg and cashew nuts with boiled rice- had to improvise as I got stranded in town and had no time to make risotto!
    Snacks: Fruit
    Drinks: Water, herbal tea

Last edited: 31 January 2011
  5. OddSock

OddSock Veggiesaurus

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World (Vegan)
    Day 3 (no time to update yesterday!)

Brunch: Red pepper houmous and cucumber on 2 slices multiseed toast, mango and blueberries topped with Alpro soya yogurt and a drizzle of agave
    Tea:
    Snacks:
    Drinks:

6. Wannabeaminime

Wannabeaminime Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(30.77%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    Hmm your menus sound lovely. Good luck
    x

7. OddSock

OddSock Veggiesaurus

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World (Vegan)
    It seems I've lapsed with the keeping of my food diary, oops! Anyway... Today is Day 1 of my return to veganism, I'm quite excited! Looking forward to feeling healthy again!

Breakfast- Porridge (made with water) with cinnamon and nutmeg. Small glass of pressed apple and beetroot juice. Echinacea and raspberry tea. Water.

Lunch- Houmous and cucumber on 2 slices multiseed toast. Strawberries and kiwis mixed in soya yogurt.

Tea- Home-made chickpea and butternut squash tagine with couscous. 1 small pitta bread.

Snacks-

8. OddSock

OddSock Veggiesaurus

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World (Vegan)
    Re-veganisation: Day 2

Breakfast- Porridge with agave and seed mix. Green tea
    Lunch- Houmous with carrot sticks
    Tea- Jacket potato with beans and salad
    Snacks- Soya yogurt, small bowl muesli with rice milk

Last edited: 15 February 2011
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.