Off salad!

Safia

Gold Member
Since joining sw over a month ago i was really good with my greens but its been over a week and i just cant seem to want to look at salad never mind eat it. I have loads if it in the fridge but i think it will have to be eventually thrown out. I hope this wont affect my weightloss in the longterm. Instead of salad i eat eggs or jacket potatoes instead with mackeral or tuna x

I tend to go off salads as the weather gets colder.
You need to make sure you do get some superfree with your meals, but it doesn't have to be salad.
Have a think about what veg you really like, plus try something new!
Last week I was following Success Express for a few days and needed to fill 2/3 of my plate with superfree - so I made myself a huge tray of roasted vegetables (red pepper, onion, cherry tomatoes) and had these with my meal everyday.
I also made myself some Butternut squash chips instead of potato and they were scrummy!

Failing that if you really aren't a huge fan of veg, just make sure you're eating plenty of fruit to increase your superfree

There are so many other veggies you can eat hot or cold, what about grated - carrott, cauliflower, courgettes, or cabbage. Yesterday I had carrots & parsnips mashed, they were very yummy.

Don't forget red, green, orange & yellow peppers and mushrooms.

This is my favourite warm salad. Could be adapted for SW using splenda instead of sugar I guess.

Baby spinach leaves (raw)
Warm roast red pepper (roasted on a griddle pan)
Warm boiled asparagus
Warm boiled garden peas
Warm red onions caramelised in balsamic vinegar and a bit of splenda.
Bit of feta or goats cheese crumbled over the top (HEA on green)

Asparagus can be pricy if not on offer. Can use griddled courgette instead or anything you fancy.

Urghh off cottage cheese aswell, definately got to do with the weather. I love the suggestions on the warm salad will have to try that. I love asparagus, I tend to like all vegetables apart from a few like sweet potatoes. Got weigh in today at 5:30 and just eaten a jacket potato with cottage cheese and mackeral, hope it burns off as i really want my half stone today x

This is my favourite warm salad. Could be adapted for SW using splenda instead of sugar I guess.

Baby spinach leaves (raw)
Warm roast red pepper (roasted on a griddle pan)
Warm boiled asparagus
Warm boiled garden peas
Warm red onions caramelised in balsamic vinegar and a bit of splenda.
Bit of feta or goats cheese crumbled over the top (HEA on green)

Asparagus can be pricy if not on offer. Can use griddled courgette instead or anything you fancy.

This sounds lovely :D I like warm salads but haven't used warm peas in them before, just peppers and onions.

Asparagus is pricey because it's flown from the other side of the world now (Peru being one place!). I only eat this gorgeous veg when it's in season and I gorge on it for the 6 or so weeks then don't have it until next year. :p

. . .

Asparagus is pricey because it's flown from the other side of the world now (Peru being one place!). I only eat this gorgeous veg when it's in season and I gorge on it for the 6 or so weeks then don't have it until next year. :p

When I worked in Strasbourg we had the local white asparagus in May - it was fantastic.

A few years ago my sister moved to the Vale of Evesham, where they grow the green asparagus - they even have an asparagus festival. The place we get ours is a small shack next to the field where it is grown and it is so fresh that the stems are still wet where they have been cut. Yummy!

It is only a short season, so I eat as much as I can, then - like you - I don't really bother about it at other times of year.

During the season I am amazed to see people in my sister's local Tesco buying the imported Peruvian stuff, when they could be buying locally, just down the road, for half the price!

I'm off salad because of the colder weather. However I am still tempted to do a warm chicken and potato salad with a hot jacket spud chopped up and mixed in. Salds don't have to be cold.

As has been said there are plenty of winter warming alternatives. SW roast pots, parsnip, carrot and onion is a good one. Just have a try at a few different things and see what suits. Maybe using up some of your salad items as sides for other meals.

Mmm not had roasted veg for ages and the warm salad sounds amazing. I've decided that the trick is always to just keep it varied or you'll get sick of whatever you're having!! Mines muller yoghurt - still cant face one since a previous SW attempt. Loving the activia fat free snackpots tho thankfully (and in moderation thus time).

During the season I am amazed to see people in my sister's local Tesco buying the imported Peruvian stuff, when they could be buying locally, just down the road, for half the price!

I know this is going off thread a bit but what annoys me more than anything is that tesco actually stock the imported asparagus while it is British asparagus season and, more often than not, the imported is cheaper. :( How??

Back