OFF SUBJECT? Water consumption

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
This subject has come up in the past among old timers particularly, and I've already mentioned that my GP thinks I drink far too much water.

We had someone on here just last week (I forget who now) saying she'd drunk 7 litres... We advised her to stop the diet, but then her thirst seemingly improved.

Any thoughts? I drink far more than the 1.5 - 2L maximum recommended.

Like Nigella, I'm an aquaholic - and it nearly killed me | Mail Online

It was me who couldn't stop the water drinking. I am on about 5 pints a day now as I work at home and sip throughout the day.
As you said it did pass but at the time I just couldn't shake the thirsty feeling.

I don't drink enough water, though I have upped my intake. The main trouble is that as I work in retail I can't keep a bottle of water by me. On my days off I drink a lot more than on a working day.

I drink around 2L a day but have heard recently too that too much isn't good for you either.
I was told by my doctor that 1.5L is recommended for someone who is not overweight, for every stone you need to lose you need to increase intake hence I drink 2L

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've always drunk (drank?) far more than 2 litres per day. When I met my wife, who's a nurse, she was convinced I must be diabetic because of the amount of liquids I put away. Fortunately I'm not. Maybe it's because I'm a Pisces, if I believed in that sort of thing.

Nope - don't buy that one MJ (cos I'm a Taurean!)

Back