Off The Wagon And Stuck So Fat Now.

Pixie

Silver Member
Well Ive been off the wagon for 2 weekS now having a really stressful time (lots going on personally and finding it hard to cope) so my first week in management I buggered it up and was naughty 4 days out of 10-despite doing copius amounts of exercise (7 mile runs a few times a week etc) I still managed to put on 2.5lbs in the 10 days! (although I was weighed at night after drinking a load of water and my food packs for the day when I usually get weighed first thing on an empty stomach!)
My LLC seemed really disappointed which annoyed me and pushed me back even further!
Trying to get back on track today. Did a half marathon this am and just had a jacket potato with cottage cheese and salad so far plus a lemon bar.
Will just have strawberries for my tea as got my first wedding dress fitting tmo after it was cancelled last week!
EEKK!

P.S I know I shouldnt be having a potato but Ive gone on such a carb binge for 4 days out of the past 10 that I need to ween myself back off them!

Anyone else had this and got back on track?!:sigh:

Well Ive been off the wagon for 2 weekS now having a really stressful time (lots going on personally and finding it hard to cope) so my first week in management I buggered it up and was naughty 4 days out of 10-despite doing copius amounts of exercise (7 mile runs a few times a week etc) I still managed to put on 2.5lbs in the 10 days! (although I was weighed at night after drinking a load of water and my food packs for the day when I usually get weighed first thing on an empty stomach!)
My LLC seemed really disappointed which annoyed me and pushed me back even further!
Trying to get back on track today. Did a half marathon this am and just had a jacket potato with cottage cheese and salad so far plus a lemon bar.
Will just have strawberries for my tea as got my first wedding dress fitting tmo after it was cancelled last week!
EEKK!

P.S I know I shouldnt be having a potato but Ive gone on such a carb binge for 4 days out of the past 10 that I need to ween myself back off them!

Anyone else had this and got back on track?!:sigh:

Hi Pix - not done LL myself but just wanted to send you positive vibes for the rest of your maintenance ;)

Good luck for wedding dress fitting tomorrow - how exciting !!!

OF COURSE you'll get back on track....don't let a few minor blips undo all the fabulous work you've done so far !

love

Debz
xx

If it wasn't for you pixie i would never have found this site. Read one of your posts on a wedding site which mentioned minimins, and from there have read or written on it everyday. So I thank you for all the extra support i've recieved on minis. So you've had a few bad days, lets be honest we who have always had weight issues will have to fight the craving to binge for the rest of our lives. Like all addicts the desire for our drug will never truly leave us, a life time of management is what we have to do. Don't beat your self up, what you have achieved so far on your road to weight loss is truly inspiring. 7 mile runs too... I've seen your photo, you are beautiful and you are and will be a stunning bride, JUST DON'T FORGET IT!!

Havent been there but imagine reintroducing food actually harder than having none at all! You're doing loads of excercise so getting a balance of being healthy. Try & stick to prog & move on; you're bound to have ups & downs throuhg maintenance & thats part of the relearning process. Hang in there!!

Pixie, just read your post and can feel the panic coming off you in waves. It was brave of you to come and post what's happened and I really feel for you.

Stop what you are doing and take a deep breath. This is the first day of the rest of your life and what you do here will have far reaching effects.

In the past you will have gone back to bad eating habits. You are not going to do that this time. This time is different.

While you are in panic mode (I know what it's like) you won't be able to think things through clearly and objectively. You need to develop a strategy to get through the next few weeks.

I am not surprised that you are feeling stressed because of the up coming wedding and associated 'stuff'. How you react to the stuff that is happening to you is going to be crucial though.

I am sorry that your LLC has been unsympathetic to the weight gain, it is an unwelcome added stress you can do without. I am worried too about the exercise you are doing to compensate. I don't know much about the physiology of the body, but I do understand that too much exercise can slow down weight loss because the body feels that it is under siege and tries to keep hold of the weight. I can however totally understand why you are doing it. I did it many times (always unsuccessfully) in the past and I know it does not work.

I just got myself more and more worked up and stressed until I could not do it any more - then, binge city.

Go back to basics.

Drink lots of water.
Check out what you should be having for your management weeks and write a menu for the week.
Read through your green book for advice, plus look at your management book (blue).
Try and get things in perspective and think in terms of LONG TERM rather than panic about losing the 2.5lb. Deep breaths now, in and out.

Please be kind to youself Pixie, you've come so far and achieved so much...

Hiya Pixie,

Your'e being awfully hard on yourself girlie, 2 and a half pounds.. whats that in the grand scheme of things eh! Nothing! :D You'll easy have that off by next weigh in, but you must stick to it :p

PLAN PLAN PLAN all the way :D what are you gonna do from tomorrow, are you sticking with week one until you weigh in, or going into week 2? (note! no pototoes in week 1 or 2 lol :p )

I'm sure your counsellor wasnt dissapointed in you, if you having a tough time give her a call, sure shed want to help :D

Good luck for you dress fitting :p be sure and let us know how it goes :D

xxxx

Thanks everyone.
I know I really need to read my book and get into it.
AJ I hear what you are saying about exercise, the only problem is I am running a marathon next month so have to do the training :sigh:
I am raising money tho for the local hospice where I volunteer so its all good.
Im really thrown at the minute cos one of the things thats going on with me includes the fact that I have been made redundant which was finally confirmed on Fri so I can't afford the foodpacks until I get a new job either....:break_diet:
:break_diet:

Last edited:
Oh heavens Pixie, I hadn't realised about the marathon. I hope you are not overdoing it, hun.

How horrible to be made redundant too. What with that, the wedding and the marathon, plus worrying about being able to afford LL, you do have an awful lot on your plate (excuse the terrible pun) - it is a pity that none of it can be food!

It is even more important that you mentally take a step back and take some time to calm yourself. Planning the next few weeks foodwise, workwise, weddingwise, training (running)wise will give you an element of control over situations for which there does not seem to be any control at this time. (If that makes sense).

When you do get a plan together, share it with us here, and it may help you keep going to know that we are all rooting for you.

Take care now.

Thanks AJ.
I was thinking of just sticking with maybe cottage cheese salad cos thats allowed on management.
with maybe a few pieces of quorn thrown in?
That has to cost less than £44 per week..........
My uni coursework got returned on Friday too and I have to redo it or I will fail my first year.
I also have the stuff going on with the fact i am not sure if I wanna go ahead with the wedding etc with a couple of months to go so I feel like my head is going to explode!
You lot keep me sane :D

Crumbs, it gets worse. What uni is it? What course?

I wonder if, because you are doing management at the moment, you can have a chat with your LLC and see if you can reduce the packs to one a day and speed up the management side, just to reduce costs, but keep up with the weekly meetings for support and advice. It'll take some pressure off while you deal with everything else.

The wedding doubts? You have to speak with your partner about that. Better now than later, eh? The sooner you deal with that issue, the sooner you can move on to deal with everything else. You'll know in your heart of hearts whether the wedding jitters are just that, or whether there are real concerns about what you are doing. I know that sometimes people get so caught up with this ritual that they can feel railroaded into it, and don't feel that they can back out.

Phew, I don't envy you, hun.

Sorry ur havin such a hard time at the moment hun...hang in there babes...you've come so far already...so u know u can do it!!
*GREAT BIG HUG*:grouphugg:

Sounds like an awful lot going on there pixie and like you generally are at a bit of a crossroads in your life. ALso sounds from your post that you are overdoing things generally so maybe time to sit down and see where you can cut down on the giving out & look at where you can get a bit of you/chill/refuelling time? Just a thought - with all that going on anyone would be feeling stressed! Some quick suggestions (ideas that you can reject as you wish :)...stop volunteering for a couple of months (Sure they would understand); sit down & chat to OH re the wedding; priority needs to be coursework (do you have a clear idea on why it was returned? If not need to find out) and find time for planning your LL week ahead in amongst the training....big hugs hope you manage to resolve things soon...

Aww Pixie,
you're certainly having a rough ride of it at the mo... things will pan out, try not to stress too much.. easier said than done I know...

AmandaJaynes idea is a good one on the management side, maybe you could do a fast track one? Still keeping to a couple of packs a day to give you the vitamins and minerals. Don't want you flaking out on us....

:hug99: :hug99:

Geri
x

Back