Oh Dear - oops

Calkarima

Gonna do it this time
Hi

I've been feeling a bit stuck for a few days now. I lost a pound this week and should be chuffed because thats 11 pounds in 3 weeks but instead I'm stressing that everything has slowed to a stop and am feeling rather stressed about the whole thing.

I've been trying to keep to 1500 calories but today although I've only gone over by 73 calories I've eaten quite a few mini chocolate bars. Stupid I know cause now I want more.

Anyway I'm drawing a line and starting again tomorrow.

Is it normal to slow to a pound a week? My GP told me I could only stay on Orlistat if I lost an average of 3 lbs per week so although I should be ok on Tuesday for this weigh in I won't be next month if I keep only losing a pound each week.

Help!!! Please reassure me.

Sorry just feeling a bit sorry for myself tonight.

x

Totally normal to only lose a pound a week hun, totally unrealistic of your GP to say 3 lbs per week, every week :eek:
Its not just about losing the weight, its about changing your life style so that when you get to your target its a sustainable weight for the rest of your life. It's not a race to get there either.
Your weight loss will also differ from week to week, again totally normal :)
xx

Thank you.

My Gp was useless to be honest, told me nothing except they would help me lose weight. No help with how I should change my diet, how much in the way of exercise I should be taking and said that as 1.5 - 2 lbs per week would be a normal weight loss of someone on a diet that on Orlistat she would expect that to be 3 lbs. Going to see someone different on Tuesday so hopefully I might make more progress with him.

Having read other folks posts I dont think I'm alone in the problems I've had with my GP.

Why don't you try giving your diet a kick start and trying a diff. program? Take a look at the johnson up day down day diet or going very low cal for a couple of days each week- ie 800-900cals,? Once a month or so I do 4 days of the cabbage soup diet and lose 5 or 6 pds that week and then I go back to my reg. routine. It seems t trick my body into continuing to lose weight. Good luck.

Hey, your doing brilliant 11 lb in 3 weeks is fantastic!

Your GP shouldnt be saying stuff like that, I totally agree with Ali - if we're to use these tablets to their full potential and change our lifestyles then we should be eating healthy and sensibly - not crash dieting.
I hope you get some better advice from the new GP - and after all 1lb a week is better off than on xxx

yeah i agree with ali too!! thats so unfair of your doc to say 3lbs! my doc is happy with a 4 lb loss a month! anything else is a bonus!

keep doing what u r doing! you r doing fab!!

xxxxxxxxxx

wow i hope my Gp doesnt turn around and say something like that to me tomorrow.. ive got my first weigh in with him....
i cant imagin what you could have felt when he said it wasnt good enough (so to speak)
11lb is great....
i am just waiting for my loss to settle to 1-2 pound a week, and i honestly feel like ive not lost a hell of a lot this week... :(
chin up love, and i hope that your new GP is much better
xxx

My GP is very supportive, needless to say, shes a woman. I've never been lucky with male GPs. In anybodies book 11lbs off in a month is an awesome acheivement. Hold your head high and get a decent doctor.

My GP told me my goal in my first month was 5lbs. 3lbs a week is a hard target to keep to. Try and stay postive you've done great so far with the 11lbs try and keep your chin up and if you feel down remember that food adds to the problem it doesnt solve it. x

Back