• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Oh dear :(

kimmeh

Around 3 weeks ago I came on here thriving for inspiration which gave me so much motivation.

My goal was to lose two stone for Christmas as I'll be buying new clothes which I desperatly need.

What went wrong? The bloody flu! Got struck with a nasty throat infection also called Pharangytis so I've been really poorly. Only recovering now so my plan has been wiped out completley.

With Christmas being next Saturday, I'm doomed. :( So much for feeling lighter and fitter for Christmas. I felt big last year and it really put a downer on things, going to feel even bigger this year seeing as I've put a good stone on. :(

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

thatlittlebit

Don't feel so disheartened, you were I'll! Any reason you can't start right now and over Christmas make sure you moderate so more doesn't get put on? Rather than waiting another 3 weeks until the new year and potentially gaining another stone. X

kimmeh

Well my mum is taking me to get clothes on Friday, I don't think that gives me much time to lose a stone, even half a stone. To be fair, even if I lost half a stone by Friday, it wouldn't exactly get me down from an 18 to a 16. I can't find any jeans in a size 18 that I like, and I have been in so many Pluz Size shops, and browsed online for the life of it. I need to be a maximum of 16 stone to begin buying jeans that I genuinly like. I'm a size 26 on top because I have big boobs, and the tops/hoodies in a size 26 are rubbish. :( I thought if I could lose 2-3 stone by Christmas, I could get down to maybe a size 22, but then again, it's the same rubbish in those sizes too!

thatlittlebit

Don't fret too much. 1lb would be good! Better than a gain :) also, what you getting clothes for? If it's not anything specific why don't you hold off, save a bit for some shopping as a treat in the sales/ when you meet mini goals

kimmeh

I have one pair of jeans to my name, and two tops. Sick of wearing the same things, I want to feel good in new clothes especially on Christmas Day when I go down to my dads on the evening. I'd feel miserable in my same old clothes. :( You're right, 1lb is better than nothing though.

Have you tried stores like New Look> i know some of their branches have nice stuff in 18+ and perhaps places like sainsburys/asda - i know their ranges are nice and I am sure I have seen up to a size 24. I would agree with that little bit in terms of any loss is good and would be good to hold off but you do deserve a nice outfit for Christmas and I hope you can find one. Hugs xoxo

spangles

Bouncy Castle
also - frustrating as i'm guessing it will be if you've already looked: ASOS Curve (their plus size range). I can't access it at work for some reason, but it might be worth a look.

Thing is, you might not find exactly what you want right now, but you don't have to dress like a middle aged woman (i totally agree that evans is to be avoided). These trousers from DPerkins aren't cuffed, but are the right sort of shape and available up to a size 22. beige pleat front

Wouldn't they (or similar) do as a stopgap? Better than nothing at least? and then when you're down another size you can look again.