Oh dear

Carlyd85

I have just been to frankie and bents with a friend for dinner, I had chicken carbonara and cheeses garlic bread.... I'm only in my first week of sw and already I've messed up! Arrrrrgh!!!! It was pure greediness to, I always have that dinner.... :(

Dont beat yourself up about it hun, its done and you cant change it. I dont mean to sound nasty, but if you beat yourself up about it you will feel guilty and rubbish about yourself, you will take a knock to your confidence and its a slippery slope! Draw a line, pick yourself back up. Every meal is a choice, dont let one bad one take you off course.

Apparently it takes 3500 extra calories to gain one pound of fat. Its very unlikely your meal came to even half that, so I doubt it was too damaging!

Thank you for that reply I feel slightly better now :)

I agree. Forgive yourself and move on - don't let one overindulgence throw you off course. Plan your meals for tomorrow and get back on plan :)

I agree with the others. Draw a line under it and move on. What I have come to realise is that I'm going to have days where I'm off plan and that's fine. I looked at how my slim friends eat and realised that they enjoy meals out and chocolate but don't binge on it or let one meal out lead to weeks of over indulging. For me this has been a big change in my mindset. Now if I'm going out for a meal I either make sensible choices on plan or have the one meal off plan and get straight back on track after. I now know that I can reach target whilst having a life and be mentally prepared to be able to maintain.

We're all allowed days or a meal off here and there, don't fall into the trap i feel in last year and make yourself think your not allowed too, it brought me so close to an eating disorder... Doesn't matter if its your first week, just draw a line and get back on plan, but def don't beat yourself up and make yourself think you're doing something wrong.

Aw that is a very sensible post ally. And very brave of you too! I must admit I am still strict with myself, too strict as at target. Dont really drink much at all now, my c has told me to up my hes so I have a bit more porridge oats. However, I am on holiday soon 2 weeks A I in Mexico, I really dont want to go out of target band as been here for such a long time, but I also want to enjoy my holiday. So I have decided to go and enjoy, take the hit, and then climb back onto the S W bus. So what we are all saying basically is have a life and enjoy, we know how to get if off again. An odd meal and drink there wont do much damage, its if you continue to do that to excess, then thats different. All things in moderation!

Aw that is a very sensible post ally. And very brave of you too! I must admit I am still strict with myself, too strict as at target.

I didn't even realised i'd fallen into the trap until my mum said "we're going out at the weekend" and i turned round and said "i'm only going if we can take our own food", then i realised i was teetering to close to the edge of being in control, food very nearly took control of my life. I got out though, thankfully, now i still do Slimming World, but I don't start panicking if i have a bad day...or week in some cases :p.

You have to still enjoy yourself and have a treat every now and then! It would be rude not too :) Just got to be careful what the treat is and how often you are treating!!

Exactly. It is too easy though like ally said to get into the mindset of keeping such a tight control of things and then it gets out of hand. Moderation, thats the key!

I agree with everything that has been said. All I will add is that if this is your first week, don't let it make you question the joys of SW! You may maintain this week or whatever but you know where you went wrong so expect a bigger loss next week. we all have treat days :)

I actually think that what really counts is not the blow-out itself but how you behave after the blow-out. It would be all too easy to throw your hands up in the air and say "that's it, I've blown it". Or, you pick yourself up and dust yourself off and learn from it. You didn't make a good choice when you went to F & Bs but when you're doing SW a little while longer you'll be able to make the good choices without even thinking or be able to Flexisyn a meal out without any of the guilt.

Don't be hard on yourself. You've lost three pounds already so that's great progress! Be extra good for the rest of the week as well as upping your exercise and it shouldn't have had that much of an impact.

Aaaw thank you everyone so much for the advice! I don't feel so bad now :)

Everyone has bad days. I've just had my first weigh in, and I had a bad day on Monday. I thought I was going to stay the same but I didn't. It's made me realise that if I do have another bad day, or week, it might not be the end of the world.

It's a long and winding road, but you'll get to where you want to be eventually :)

I fell off the wagon last weekend during my first week and still lost 2lb. In the past I have allowed a bad day to become a bad week and THAT'S when I've started gaining. I've gone off plan again today but I'm just going to acknowledge that the devine brie and bacon tart I had at lunchtime was worth the gazillion syns it probably contained as a one off, enjoy the chocolate I am above to shove in my gob and get back on it tomorrow, when I will also be going for a lunchtime run, so it makes me feel a bit better lol.

Forgive yourself and move on x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree with the others. Draw a line under it and move on. What I have come to realise is that I'm going to have days where I'm off plan and that's fine. I looked at how my slim friends eat and realised that they enjoy meals out and chocolate but don't binge on it or let one meal out lead to weeks of over indulging. For me this has been a big change in my mindset. Now if I'm going out for a meal I either make sensible choices on plan or have the one meal off plan and get straight back on track after. I now know that I can reach target whilst having a life and be mentally prepared to be able to maintain.

This is sooo true, and def a plan for life!

I lost 2.5lb!!! I'm over the moon!!! :)

Congratulations on the loss :) I'm new here and to SW and your posts could've been written by me a lot of the time, its great to know I am not the only one with the same dilemmas and things so thanks for posting up ;)

Its only one meal in a week of meals. Its not the end of the world, just jump straight back onto plan!

Back