Oh hecky thump !!!!

Daisysp8

I have done 2 weeks, and lost 6 lbs *yay*, now into my 3rd week and loosing the will to live :rolleyes:

I made the "SW chocolate mousse" ... Hmmm chocolate mousse my arse, i was sooo excited making it, even more excited putting it in the fridge to set .... Nearly estatic when i got it out .... It looked chocolatty ... it smelt chocolatty ... but it sure as heck tasted NOWT like a choccy mouse :(

Muller light banana and custard ... yup, never seen a banana in its life, or custard come to think of it !!!

TimeOuts, only 8.5 syns ... yea, if you could find anywhere that stocks em .... and ditto that for Cadburys Highlight Mousses .. Been to 2 Tesco`s, a Morrisons, the Asda`s and the Spar ... zip ... nadda .... No mousses .. no TimeOuts :rolleyes:

Ok, so though it`s working, and i can see the weight coming off i`m really struggling .. I miss kfc popcorn chicken dunked in gravy, and i miss Domino`s and Pizza Hut ... and I sooooooooo miss my choccy.

Now i know it`s these things that made me have an arse the size of the channel tunnel in the first place, and i know slimming world is working, but if i see "Fromage Frais" or "gelatine" in another so called "pudding" receipe it will tip me over the edge.

I had a flake earlier ... savoured every last bit of it ... every last lil droplet of chocolate ... nom ... !!!

Sigh ... i know it is about changing habits etc, but i can see me getting very bored very quickly with the choices ... any wise words for me lovely peeps ? It kind of reminds me of when i quit smoking, is it the same with this .... you have to get through the first 4 weeks and then it gets easier ? ?

:sigh:

I get frustrated with recipes for SW puddings and cakes too. All of them include gelatine, fromage frais, quark or eggs. I can't eat any of these things, so can never try them. I just save up my syns for when I want a proper dessert now. Yeah, I can't have sweet treats all the time, but I've learnt to really enjoy them now, something I never did before SW.

If you miss KFC have you tried the SW KFC chicken recipe? I have no idea if it's the same, but loads of people rave about it. I know you can replicate the taste of KFC at home because I've done a vegan version that was pretty darn tasty.

What kind of treats do you like eating? Maybe then some of us could offer suggestions.

Just try to remember that SW is a life plan, everything is okay in moderation, you just have to juggle things around to use the syns!

Also, congratulations on your loss!

I love the tesco low fat chocolate crispy bars. They are 4 1/2syns and have to be hidden from the rest of the family as they all love them :)

what choc mousse recipe did you use? I have made a choc mousse thats pretty good................ ITS NEVER GONNA TASTE EXACTLY THE SAME. 'normal' choc mousse has lots of real choc and cream in it, all of which make it high syn recipe.

the recipe i have made ( even my non SW extremely fussy friend will eat this, and she has a VERY sweet tooth)
it does have fromage frais and geletine in though...... just a warning....lol

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/173489-honeys-recipes.html#post2909126

but yeah your right, it is about changing tastes and after the first few weeks it does get easier

I can't be doing with faffing about with choc alternatives - but I have switched from having my piggy choc fix (used to be a Twix, Mars or Boost) and now have a Kit Kat instead and Syn it - I appreciate it more as its the real deal and savour every moment with my afternoon coffee :)

Now i know it`s these things that made me have an arse the size of the channel tunnel in the first place, and i know slimming world is working, but if i see "Fromage Frais" or "gelatine" in another so called "pudding" receipe it will tip me over the edge.

Sigh ... i know it is about changing habits etc, but i can see me getting very bored very quickly with the choices ... any wise words for me lovely peeps ? It kind of reminds me of when i quit smoking, is it the same with this .... you have to get through the first 4 weeks and then it gets easier ? ?

:sigh:

I don't like SW puddings either - I'd rather just have a smaller portion of the "real thing". For a chocolate fix, though, I do like an Options from time to time - the white choc is my favourite. Or I have just a couple of squares of dark chocolate with my coffee - easy if you can stop at just part of the bar! Try fun size bars, or the ice cream versions, which are lower in syns than the big bars (probably not in winter, though)

I've not really tried the SW puds to be honest, apart from the cheesecake in last months mag, which was nice.

I knew it wouldn't taste exactly like the real deal, but it was tasty.

I agree with the others ^^^^
Just have what you really want, in moderation, and account for it in your allowance.

If you feel like you are missing out, you are more likely to stray off plan.

Have a good mooch through the recipes on here, you are bound to find some that appeal and it will help stop the boredom.

Mwah ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaar .... thankyou so much for the idea`s peoples :D

hastalavegan, i didn`t know there was a slimming world KFC ... now i have found it, i shall be trying it, my 3 main loves in life are chocolate, pizza and KFC x

shell_y .... The choccy buttons and options are good idea`s for me, so thankyou :)

Thanks Karenb ... not sure exactly what they are ? But shall have a nosey next time i`m in Tesco`s.

Thanks Honey, i`ve read a few of your reciepes, the photo`s and instructions are fab ... The choccy mousse i did is the same one as yours (more or less) .. However my bestest friend in the whole wide world ever has just found me some Cadburys light mousses .. only 3 syns eah, between that, the chocolate mini milks, and the Options drink i`m feeling much happier :D

AJB .... Oh i know what you mean about really savouring it, i do now, where i didn`t before .... It is now my mission to find timeout bars ... :D

Thanks Leapfrog, *ruby* and Claireybella ... Maltesers and funsize ... not thought of those !! and yes of course you`re all right, everything in moderation, it`s just a learning curve planning ahead, i`m fine when i do it, it`s just if i haven`t ... i don`t want to fail x x

my sweet fix is the SW quickie cheesecake - 2 alpen light bars crushed into a small dish - a tub of quark mix in two white chocolate options and spread over the alpen lights = 1 heb & 4 syns for the whole dish - and this is LOVELY.

Now you've got them (what a lovely friend you have) put the chocolate mousse in the freezer. They last for ages then and spins out the chocolate effect. If you can get your hands on the Multi pack of Time out bars which are the individual fingers at 4.5 syns. That way you can have an Options Hot choc, frozen mousse and a one finger Time Out for 9.5 syns, which takes ages to eat/drink . Mikados are also handy at half a syn each.

I agree that it's better to have a smaller, wise-syn example of 'proper chocolate' than 'tweaked' dessert recipes. I just daren't buy chocolate in multi-packs as I know that in a moment of weakness I'm liable to eat the lot. I do have the skinny cow lollies in the house, because for some reason I know that I wouldn't do that binge thing with them.

Oh, I shall try that t2bs :) ... does sound ok :)

Cadburys mousse currently in the freeze Klick lolol ... Thanks for that tip :)

Oh i know what you mean lucky 7 .... we currently have biscuit rocky bars in the cupboard for my hubby and son and OMG ... how i haven`t devoured the pack yet is anyones guess !!!!! lol !!

This evening, i am mainly craving, choccy hobnobs, cadburys fingers, and milk choc digestives dunked in tea .... if i had a packet of each they would be devoured tasmainian devil stylee in a matter of minutes x

my sweet fix is the SW quickie cheesecake - 2 alpen light bars crushed into a small dish - a tub of quark mix in two white chocolate options and spread over the alpen lights = 1 heb & 4 syns for the whole dish - and this is LOVELY.
ive never had quark
does it set in the dridge or sumin ? im intereted to try this out...

Quark's pretty solid as it is! :)

Frozen curly wurlys - take longer to eat, melt in your mouth whilst eating and 6.5 syns.

Cheats ice cream. Tub of "Free" Fromage frais, hot choc options, toffee muller - mix all together and put in freezer for 4 - 5 hours (try like mad to find something to take your mind off it being in freezer) come back to freezer later - eat the whole flaming lot - 2 syns! :D

x

Back