OH is very fussy may need your help!

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary' started by Kari150, 4 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Kari150

Kari150 Member

:giveup:Hello all you lovely peeps out there.

As of Monday 9th May myself and my OH will be giving SW a bash. (I have tried myself before and done fairly well, so just bought all up to date books off web)
    He, however is a fussy wotsit and here is where you guys come in.
    He doesn't like (here we go) :banghead: :pasta, youghurts, anything creamy/with sauce, cous cous, baked beans, quiche (will eat scrambled egg.. you figure it out I can't lol), will eat some veg and some fruit, won't touch quark.. quote "if you paid me", mushrooms (only if chopped v v small in cooking) and should have taken a picture of his face when Qorn gets a mention.... sooooo If your'e still reading and you think I may have a chance of kicking him up the preverbial and onto the SW wagon, will be grateful for any recipe, snacks, syn ideas and your commenst as to whether you think I have a hope in hells chance? :sign0144:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CAPRICORN

CAPRICORN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi there

oooohhh OH sounds like a bit of a challenge ;).... but ooohhh us ladies thrive on a challenge :p Im lucky as my hubby eats just about anything apart from apricots ,,, but even he has said that he wouldn't know anything that we eat is SW..

If it helps if you look on my diary (will get you the link in a moment) I have a list of some of the recipes I do -including buffalo chicken home made burgers, goan pork, coq au vin and all sorts -some of them might be worth a try ;) -we will get him on board...

here you go...
    I have linked you straight to the list of where to find the recipes (saves you wading through my waffle)
    http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/149197-shedding-wobble-62.html

4. Kari150

Kari150 Member

Hi Capricorn, He certainly IS a challenge alright but it's probably one of the reasons I love him lol!
    I would be very grateful for any recipe ideas you can throw my way please.. he's a big fan of meat but can I feed him just RED most of the time and still make progress?

5. Clareel

Clareel Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.37%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/ ADF
    Hello there! welcome to SW and to the forum :)

Best tip I have for you with regards to SW and fussy eaters, is just to take the meals you already love and addapt them to slimming world.

I've not found one yet that I couldnt addapt :)

If you need any help post here and I'm sure someone will gladly make some suggestions as to how you can make your fave recipes SW friendly. Best of luck to you (and OH!) on your weight loss :)

6. Clareel

Clareel Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.37%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/ ADF
  7. Kari150

Kari150 Member

Aww, thanks Clareel thats really kind.

Forgive me Capricorn butI am soooo new to this site that I am ashamed to say I ahve no idea how to access any of your lovely recipes... can someone help me please?

8. Kari150

Kari150 Member

And I really need to make my fingers behave when typing.... lol forgive the spelling/typing mistakes and out it down to excitment!

9. CAPRICORN

CAPRICORN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I now do nearly all red days and they suit me fine -hubby just eats what he is given at meal times ;) - but sometimes depending what I pack him for lunch I make his Green or EE to suit. I try and keep him on red/green so he gets 2A+Bs :D. Im lucky though as hubby loves salad, veg and his fave thing is jacket potato with cottage cheese n salad -his mates are always amazed that he loves such a thing :rotflmao:.

Tonight we are having home made OX burgers, I will have salad and hubby has salad and home made oven chips (1 syn) -so very low syn and seriously yummy. Once you get into it you will be amazed how you can make small changes that the fellas won't even notice :whistle:.
    My hubby has lost about 7" of his waist recently and comes out with -I quote "ooohh Im not sure how that happened" :confused:.... I AM -its because I put him on the SW plan without making it obvious :giggle:
    Hope you get off to a good start :cross:

10. CAPRICORN

CAPRICORN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Sorry -Im being a nelly, I don't think you can access everywhere until you have done 50 posts I think... here is a copy of the list of recipes I do...- If you want a look at any of them let me know and I will copy them over there for you ;)

spring onion sauce - 1:4
    chilli - 1:6
    pizza bases - 1:13
    sweet and sour - 2:25
    Lancashire hotpot - 2:28
    fried rice - 4:53
    chilli pork marinade - 7:100
    feta dressing - 7:105
    cheese topped beef n potato layer - 8:117
    stiffado - 10:150
    thai salmon - 11:151
    meatballs - 11:159
    veggie sauce burgers - 12:168
    breakfast sausage burgers - 15:220
    buffalo chicken - 22:323
    red thai prawn + veg - 24:262
    grilled ginger and soy salmon - 24:262
    fish cakes - 27:397
    coq au vin - 33:486
    fish pie - 33:494
    kievs - 37:545
    soft chewy tortilla wraps - 40:589
    herby garlic pork balls - 40:590
    parmesan chicken - 42:609
    cheese stuffed parmesan chicken - 44:649
    12 speed soup - 50:741
    cheese and potato pie - 50:741
    marinade - 51:758
    tomato pasta sauce - 51:760
    corned beef hash - 53:783
    cheese and onion fry-it - 53:794
    turkey burgers - 54:800
    cheesy vegetable pasta - 55:812
    sticky lemon chicken - 57:845
    spanish rice with chorizo and chicken - 58:858
    balsamic braised beef - 58:859
    one-pot beef and red wine pasta - 59:871
    slow cooker chinese pork - 59:877
    yorkshire pudding - 60:895
    luxury cauli/vegetable cheese - 61:910
    black pepper and lemon chicken goujons - 61:910
    braised lamb shank 63:935
    sticky ginger pork marinade recipe 65:963
    Rosemary scented lamb 65:975
    cream and parmesan spaghetti 66:987
    Ox Burger 67:993
    Leonslaw 67:995
    Mechado beef stew 68:1008
    Slow cooker Goan pork curry 68:1018
    meatballs with creamy garlic mushroom sauce 72:1075
    cheesy bacon lasagne 73:1081
    sweet n sour 74:1102
    kolkata chili chicken :1170
    *ignore the numbers at the side its just what page etc they are on*

11. Kari150

Kari150 Member

:grouphugg:
    Ha ha I love it...

I shall be having a seriously good look at the recipes thread, thanks for that and I am so comforted by the thought I can feed him mainly RED thank god or I'd have an angry bear (soon to be less bear-like lol)on my hands... :479:
    Any suggestions what I can make him up for a lunch box each day when he has very little time to sit and eat? Bit tricky I know.. oh and if you don't mind me asking what can I make him eat in a very short space of time he has free in the morning (not enough time to cook breky)??

12. Kari150

Kari150 Member

Thank you so much Capricorn, really appriciate it

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.