OH is very fussy may need your help!

Kari150

:giveup:Hello all you lovely peeps out there.

As of Monday 9th May myself and my OH will be giving SW a bash. (I have tried myself before and done fairly well, so just bought all up to date books off web)
He, however is a fussy wotsit and here is where you guys come in.
He doesn't like (here we go) :banghead: :pasta, youghurts, anything creamy/with sauce, cous cous, baked beans, quiche (will eat scrambled egg.. you figure it out I can't lol), will eat some veg and some fruit, won't touch quark.. quote "if you paid me", mushrooms (only if chopped v v small in cooking) and should have taken a picture of his face when Qorn gets a mention.... sooooo If your'e still reading and you think I may have a chance of kicking him up the preverbial and onto the SW wagon, will be grateful for any recipe, snacks, syn ideas and your commenst as to whether you think I have a hope in hells chance? :sign0144:

Hi there

oooohhh OH sounds like a bit of a challenge ;).... but ooohhh us ladies thrive on a challenge :p Im lucky as my hubby eats just about anything apart from apricots ,,, but even he has said that he wouldn't know anything that we eat is SW..

If it helps if you look on my diary (will get you the link in a moment) I have a list of some of the recipes I do -including buffalo chicken home made burgers, goan pork, coq au vin and all sorts -some of them might be worth a try ;) -we will get him on board...

here you go...
I have linked you straight to the list of where to find the recipes (saves you wading through my waffle)
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/149197-shedding-wobble-62.html

Hi Capricorn, He certainly IS a challenge alright but it's probably one of the reasons I love him lol!
I would be very grateful for any recipe ideas you can throw my way please.. he's a big fan of meat but can I feed him just RED most of the time and still make progress?

Hello there! welcome to SW and to the forum :)

Best tip I have for you with regards to SW and fussy eaters, is just to take the meals you already love and addapt them to slimming world.

I've not found one yet that I couldnt addapt :)

If you need any help post here and I'm sure someone will gladly make some suggestions as to how you can make your fave recipes SW friendly. Best of luck to you (and OH!) on your weight loss :)

Aww, thanks Clareel thats really kind.

Forgive me Capricorn butI am soooo new to this site that I am ashamed to say I ahve no idea how to access any of your lovely recipes... can someone help me please?

And I really need to make my fingers behave when typing.... lol forgive the spelling/typing mistakes and out it down to excitment!

Hi Capricorn, He certainly IS a challenge alright but it's probably one of the reasons I love him lol!
I would be very grateful for any recipe ideas you can throw my way please.. he's a big fan of meat but can I feed him just RED most of the time and still make progress?

I now do nearly all red days and they suit me fine -hubby just eats what he is given at meal times ;) - but sometimes depending what I pack him for lunch I make his Green or EE to suit. I try and keep him on red/green so he gets 2A+Bs :D. Im lucky though as hubby loves salad, veg and his fave thing is jacket potato with cottage cheese n salad -his mates are always amazed that he loves such a thing :rotflmao:.

Tonight we are having home made OX burgers, I will have salad and hubby has salad and home made oven chips (1 syn) -so very low syn and seriously yummy. Once you get into it you will be amazed how you can make small changes that the fellas won't even notice :whistle:.
My hubby has lost about 7" of his waist recently and comes out with -I quote "ooohh Im not sure how that happened" :confused:.... I AM -its because I put him on the SW plan without making it obvious :giggle:
Hope you get off to a good start :cross:

Aww, thanks Clareel thats really kind.

Forgive me Capricorn butI am soooo new to this site that I am ashamed to say I ahve no idea how to access any of your lovely recipes... can someone help me please?

Sorry -Im being a nelly, I don't think you can access everywhere until you have done 50 posts I think... here is a copy of the list of recipes I do...- If you want a look at any of them let me know and I will copy them over there for you ;)

spring onion sauce - 1:4
chilli - 1:6
pizza bases - 1:13
sweet and sour - 2:25
Lancashire hotpot - 2:28
fried rice - 4:53
chilli pork marinade - 7:100
feta dressing - 7:105
cheese topped beef n potato layer - 8:117
stiffado - 10:150
thai salmon - 11:151
meatballs - 11:159
veggie sauce burgers - 12:168
breakfast sausage burgers - 15:220
buffalo chicken - 22:323
red thai prawn + veg - 24:262
grilled ginger and soy salmon - 24:262
fish cakes - 27:397
coq au vin - 33:486
fish pie - 33:494
kievs - 37:545
soft chewy tortilla wraps - 40:589
herby garlic pork balls - 40:590
parmesan chicken - 42:609
cheese stuffed parmesan chicken - 44:649
12 speed soup - 50:741
cheese and potato pie - 50:741
marinade - 51:758
tomato pasta sauce - 51:760
corned beef hash - 53:783
cheese and onion fry-it - 53:794
turkey burgers - 54:800
cheesy vegetable pasta - 55:812
sticky lemon chicken - 57:845
spanish rice with chorizo and chicken - 58:858
balsamic braised beef - 58:859
one-pot beef and red wine pasta - 59:871
slow cooker chinese pork - 59:877
yorkshire pudding - 60:895
luxury cauli/vegetable cheese - 61:910
black pepper and lemon chicken goujons - 61:910
braised lamb shank 63:935
sticky ginger pork marinade recipe 65:963
Rosemary scented lamb 65:975
cream and parmesan spaghetti 66:987
Ox Burger 67:993
Leonslaw 67:995
Mechado beef stew 68:1008
Slow cooker Goan pork curry 68:1018
meatballs with creamy garlic mushroom sauce 72:1075
cheesy bacon lasagne 73:1081
sweet n sour 74:1102
kolkata chili chicken :1170
*ignore the numbers at the side its just what page etc they are on*

:grouphugg:
Ha ha I love it...

I shall be having a seriously good look at the recipes thread, thanks for that and I am so comforted by the thought I can feed him mainly RED thank god or I'd have an angry bear (soon to be less bear-like lol)on my hands... :479:
Any suggestions what I can make him up for a lunch box each day when he has very little time to sit and eat? Bit tricky I know.. oh and if you don't mind me asking what can I make him eat in a very short space of time he has free in the morning (not enough time to cook breky)??

Back