Oh my god. I have to shout it from the roof tops!!

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
I am gobsmacked, absoloutly.. in disbelief. After jokingly pledging a 6lb loss at last weeks class..

I actually did it. :eek: I, Fern Bailey, after two years on slimmingworld and almost a year at target, has lost.. in one week.. almost double what i did in my first week ever. I never thought that figure was possible, even at my biggest, :eek::eek::eek::eek: I am stunned. I almost want to cry.

This week I:

Read the thread which included the article reguarding the difference between emotional hunger and physical hunger. This really spoke to me and as a result i have taken steps to tackle this.

every time i feel hungry, i have thought about when the last time i ate was, what i ate.. and whether the hunger i am feeling was instant, or somthing i'd felt for a period of time.. like suggested.

when i felt emotionally hungry and couldnt actually think of anything but food, i ate an apple.

I worked very hard on having only one biscuit, instead of 5.

I ate all my meals, very very very slowly. I sat with two glasses of water, and took a sip in between each couple of bites. I also put my knife and fork down during bites to give myself time to chew and swallow, to avoid eating so fast (my main downfall) which sets my asthma off and doesnt allow my body to register that im full. I actually ended up leaving food on my plate for the first time ever..

concentrating on emotional hunger/physical hunger made me realise how much excess 'free food' i eat, just because i can. This has obviously been making quite the inpact on my losses. I have not made myself hungry, but i have certainly realised i did not need all that food. I must find a new hobby to fill my time with! LOL.

i also did aquafit on monday night, which was fun but as iv done it before i dont think it was the main reason, although it does give good losses.. but never as big as this for me! :eek:

and most importantly. I stopped being fixated on losses. I concentrated on fixing my emotional problems with food.. and thus relaxed myself.

I just keep staring at my book.. Im amazed. I never ever contemplated those numbers. Never.. i thought 2lbs at most!!! :eek:

Horray i am so pleased for you that is absolutly AMAZING!
Honestly that is just mind blowing and i am so happy for you, you sound so excited!
WOW!

And you havnt been hungry....fantastic achievement hun

Im actually crying, not even because of the loss.. but because i went to the harvester tonight and didnt feel the need to eat 5 white bread rolls, i didnt feel the need to finish my burger, and i didnt stuff a dessert down me in 10 seconds flat. I dont have a bad stomach ache, i dont feel sick. Iv been home since 9 and i havnt raided all the cupboards because the night ends at 12 and then i have to eat healthy again!

its still early days but i feel like im really in control.

and of course.. the loss.. still to be honest.. unbelievable. Im struggeling to believe i did that!

You deserve it!
You seem to have cracked it and done something we all want to do, to eat like a slim person and to be one.
You should be so proud of yourself sweetheart

wow well done hun. I can't even dream of a 6lb loss.

I only wish i could tell you how, but our weights are simalar, there is no reason why i should be able to and you cant hon.

Thanks for all your support guys. it just feels like madness...It doesnt feel real. Even hitting target didnt feel like this, i guess right now i feel like i have finally cracked it, not just one side of it.

Fantastic loss Fern, well done! Just goes to show the difference that eating consciously can make. Great stuff. :)

Well done FernXx

I can't tell you how pleased for you I am mate- on so many levels. Obviously it is AMAZING that you lost 6lb but more importantly that you have taken such a difficult yet insightful look at the way you eat and tipped it on it's head. I really hope you feel incredibly proud of yourself xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can't tell you how pleased for you I am mate- on so many levels. Obviously it is AMAZING that you lost 6lb but more importantly that you have taken such a difficult yet insightful look at the way you eat and tipped it on it's head. I really hope you feel incredibly proud of yourself xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I really really do. I honestly feel on top of the world.

Tears of joy. xxxx

That's absolutly fantastic Fern, well done girl. Its something i am still struggling with, but aware off xx

Well done Fern, thats a fantastic weight loss, dam right you should be feeling pleased with yourself!! What a fantastic boost that is for you :D

Back