Oh My God :'(

Madison

Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help with advice or words of encouragement..I'm half way through my fourth week of cruise.

I posted yesterday re unexpected gain of 1 pound on Sunday and also posted with dairy question (as I'm having near enough the max allowance daily). Decided this morning to brave the scales as yesterday was a pp day. To my dismay and frustration, another pound on. I have done nothing differently this last week other that add in more extra lean mince into my diet and also some balsamic vinegar (no sugar in list of ingredients).

I always drink my water, approx 1.5 litres and maybe a small bottle of diet coke and one coffee. Exercise is the same since I've started. No basement issues! My cycle has been all over the place for the last year since quitting the pill so unless it's that. In saying that I only finished them 2 weeks ago. Since starting cruise I've always had the same amount of dairy so I'm kind of doubting that it would suddenly cause me to gain (maybe wrong here).

I normally have 2 eggs plus one white scrambled, some fat free soft cheese with my 2 spoons of bran and cinnamon
Tuna or salmon with prawns and balsamic vinegar on pp day - I add some green pepper and fine beans on a pv day
Dinner is chicken (sometimes 2 fillets), turkey mince or extra lean mince with herbs and spices with fromage frais and small teaspoon of dijon mustard to make a sauce. I a pv day I add in some more green pepper, broccoli and green beans.

To be honest I do tend to snack on fat free fromage frais or soft cheese mixed with more cinnamon. I love the stuff and once I open the darn pot I can't stop. I suppose most days I'd be having approx 700g of dairy between the ff and the soft cheese. When I see this actually typed out I'm sensing that it seems way too much but then think to self, well it says in the book unlimited so......

Sorry for long winded ramble but just hoping for some guidance. Many thanks in advance if you're reading or indeed reply :)

Ps. I don't add salt to any of my food and have never added any of the tolerated items into my diet.

Last edited:
Excuse me, I think that dairy is unlimited only in the attack phase.
In the cruise it's limited....to 1 kg.... but you said you have up to 700 grams.

One other thing I can think of - are you eating enough?

And also that your body is reajusting hormonally after the use of the pill.

Hang in there!

Last edited:
HI,

first of all DON'T worry!! If you are sure you are eating enough protein, and not eating 'the wrong things' (and we're happy to check again if you post some more detailed menus, including rough quantities), then you have nothing to worry about. The measurable wieght can go up or down - on dukan it is definitely not always a linear progression down. Weigh yourself less, or take measurements round your waist, tighs etc to measure progress too.
I have repeated this again and again, when I was cruising I used to stall, even gain for 5-7 days, and then it all dropped in a big step. If I look back at my curve, it is a zigzag, with an overall downwards trend.
Things like constipation and water retention (did oyu eat lost of salty stuff, smoked fish is a big culprit for example) can affect the number on the scales but in the log run you will still be losing.

Good luck and hang on in there!

Thank you both for your replies. I'll stick with what I'm doing and hopefully be rewarded when I next step on the scales - next Monday! I really don't want to have to start cutting back on dairy already as when i checked with the official site it said I would reach my true weight in June. I'm definitely eating enough lol. thanks again :)

do you like Jelly?

Ive been having a couple of them to snack on during the day, sometimes I top with yoghurt or quark.
just an idea for a different snack.

Thanks Nicky,
I think I'll try the jelly. Would def help me to cut down on the fromage frais. Thanks for the suggestion :)

what soft cheese are you having ?

I would maybe mix some of the fromage frais into a sugar free jelly mix, then you're getting the creamy hit, but by halfing the amounts and adding them together it'll go further, if that makes sense...more mousse like x

I know one of our long termers on here can only get away with 350g of dairy per day MAX! x

Hi Ellie,
I'm having lidl's light soft cheese, its' 0.2g fat per 100g so am presuming its ok as much lower than philly extra light which I know is a tolerated item.

Hi Alottolose,
That's a great idea to mix the ff into the jelly, would def cut down on the amount. Thanks for the tip. I'll be very upset if I end up being one of those unfortunates who can only have minimal dairy :(

thanks for your help.

Hi Madison,

the LIDL cheese could be a problem, esp if you are having it in larger quantities. Like all 'Cream cheeses' (Phillly Extra Lite etc) it may be low in fat but it does contain additional thickenner and binders which should be avoided. This soft cheese is also a TOLERATED item...

Hi Anjuschka,
I was wondering about the cheese. I checked the quark in my local supermarket and it said the same amount of fat per 100g as the lidl one. Do you think Quark could cause problems also. Sorry for going on about this, I just want to make sure I'm not self sabotaging!!

I think quark would be a better option personally, there aren't the same "extras" added to it....I think the lidl one is worse than philly xl x

Hi Anjuschka,
I was wondering about the cheese. I checked the quark in my local supermarket and it said the same amount of fat per 100g as the lidl one. Do you think Quark could cause problems also. Sorry for going on about this, I just want to make sure I'm not self sabotaging!!

I think quark would be a better option personally, there aren't the same "extras" added to it....I think the lidl one is worse than philly xl x

Madison,

to repeat what alottolose just said, and this is related to your other question regarding fat content, though I have not read that yet - it's not only the fat content you are lookign out for. you are also looking out for added "hidden" carbs, such as thickeners and starches, or of course sugars. Plain quark, fromage frais or cottage cheese is preferable to Philly-type cheese. Even the less than 2% fat cottage cheese from Sainsbury is a better choice.
Also, the plain Quark (GoldenAcre is my fave brand but the Tesco one is nice as well) is fairly firm and spreadable and really very much the same as the lightest Philly-type cheeses which end up tasting horribly artificial and chalky because they have so much added stuff to replace the missing fat. <1% fat Quark will not cause stalling as long as it's inside your 1kg dairy allowance.

much prefer quark as you can flavour it with sweet or savoury to how you like it :D

Thank you all soooo much for taking the time to reply. I'm now breathing a sigh of relief to myself. I shall be off loading the lidl cheese to a friend in work (not on Dukan lol). I have been eating a fair bit of it lately, so it's back to quark for me. Hopefully I'll see a downward slope as a result. Many thanks again.

Back