Oh my goodness, who needs McDonalds?

Gillian576

I have just had a bacon double cheeseburger for dinner! Made some syn free burgers. Had 2 burgers in a wholemeal roll with my Hex A cheese and a side salad.

Fantastic! :D

The burgers were dead easy. I finely chopped a red onion and cooked it until soft in fry light with a crushed garlic clove. I added this to some extra lean mince with a dash of worcestershire sauce and plenty of salt and pepper. I squished it all together with my hands and formed it into burger shapes. I cooked them under the grill.

I've made burgers before with grated raw onion but I found the oniony taste overpowering. I much preferred this way as the taste was much more 'mellow'.

I can even get the OH to eat these... I also put my cheese allowance in the middle so when you bite in to them you get melted cheese... I know what I'm having for tea xx

Lisamc86 said:
I can even get the OH to eat these... I also put my cheese allowance in the middle so when you bite in to them you get melted cheese... I know what I'm having for tea xx

Yes my husband thought they were delicious. Next time I'm giving them to the kids too and it'll be home made burgers all the way!

mmm....delicious

I make my own burgers. They're really easy, delicious and syn free!!xx

I'm going to do these for tea today....mmmm... :drool:

I make HM burgers quite often and they're much tastier than shop bought ones. :D

Gillian576 said:
Yes my husband thought they were delicious. Next time I'm giving them to the kids too and it'll be home made burgers all the way!

Iv found if you don't tell them it's SW they don't know and can't tell the difference ?

Ive made these burgers too - really enjoyed them as did the rest of the family and they are pretty fussy....in fact enjoyed them so much i bought a burger maker and they turn out nice and even each time.

Watch the syn value of the wholemeal baps=Co-op baps=8 syns each! or 1 Heb each............

My recipe for burgers.................

Pete’s Beef Burgers

Serves 4

Ingredients

500g extra lean beef mince (ff)
1 Onion, finely chopped (sf)
45g Low fat cheddar, sliced (1Hea)
Wholemeal Bap (Co-op, 1 Heb or 8syn each)
1 Egg
1Tbsp mixed herbs
Iceburg lettuce (sf)
1 large tomato (sf)
*tomato sauce if required

Method

Cook the chopped onion until soft & brown.
Place the mince in a mixing bowl and mix in the onions, herbs and the egg.
Preheat the grill or a George Forman type grill.
By hand form a burger or using a potato ricer with the smallest holes place ¼ of the mix in it and press into shape, remove and chill for 10-15 mins to firm up.
Cook for 5 mins on both sides depending on the thickness of the burger.
Toast the Bap and then plate up with lettuce, then the burger, a slice of cheese, tomato & onion (*and sauce if required)

CheeseBurgerSmall.jpg

can u taste the garlic in these? could u make them without the garlic or with garlic powder maybe? just wondering as i have none in and wanted to do these tomorrow

Back