Oh no!!!!!!

izzysmum

Not sure where to start....... I haven't told anyone at work that I am doing LT because of the negativity I got last time I did it! Well today one of my "friends" at work just pushed and pushed at lunchtime for me to eat with her and ....I did! Yes I know it was wrong but I am just running out of excuses for avoiding her at lunchtime. But it gets worse...not sure how to say this and I know it is gross but at the first opportunity I went to the loo and made myself sick, sorry for too much information but I don't have anyone to share with. Now I feel wretched on two counts, eating and what I did afterwards. To cap it all I checked my wee a minute ago and I am out of ketosis!!! I could cry! Probably will actually..... not sure how to get back on track but at 23 pounds down you would think I would have more commitment, just feel like I am a total failure. Thanks for listening .

i find difficult also to find excuses, for having only a black coffee everytime when i meet someone or at work...
I'm trying to avoid all sorts of meetings etc.

Aww come on issys mum, we are all human and cant be perfect all the times huni. Get your head in the right zone, forgive your self and start a brand new day. Next time dont let your fear of what people might think stop you from getting to goal. xxx

Hun (( hugs ))

It can be a slipery slope, and I'm extremely worried that you made yourself sick

if you eat, it's a slip up and you just don't eat again, and you learn from it...
Would you rather people know your on lipotrim or that they think your bulimic or anorexic...

We all want to lose weight, and it can become an obsession
to everyone on here don't let it become your obsession

maybe you could let just one person at work know, just so they can back u up. I wasn't going to tell anyone, but realised as soon as I got to work, it was easier to just let it out, and some people at work have been my biggest cheerleaders... If anyone starts being funny, tell them you dont care wat they think.

Please please please don't make yourself sick again...

Izzysmum, the main thing is you've admitted it, that means you're far less likely to do it again as you know how wrong it was. it's just not a path you want to be heading down, it can become too easy to do but it really doesn't help at all. You had a slip up but so what, nearly everyone on here has had one at some point or another, it's okay. Like said before, we can get obsessed with this diet but at the end of the day we can't let ourselves go too far either. I agree that telling at least one person in work might help you but also, you are doing this for you, feck all those naysayers, they don't understand so their opinion means nothing..if they find out then so be it...you can be strong enough to withstand their comments. Try to forget about it now and move on..tomorrow's a new day :)

Noooo, please don't go making yourself sick that's just not the way to go it'll only lead to bigger and much worse problems and really makes me worry, please don't do it again.

You've eaten, Your human that's what we're designed to do - eat (and in my case I have an eat everything you see chip in my brain!) it's just a little slip on a diet that's alien to your body really and you really shouldn't beat yourself up about it.

If this "friend" or anyone else tries to pressure you into eating and if it's possible maybe you could just get up and leave? Maybe say you've got a phone call to make or your going for a quick walk for a bit of fresh air? If not would it really be that bad to tell people - which would make you feel worse, telling them your on lipotrim again (and that it's your choice and nothing they say can make you change your mind) or beating yourself up like this?

Either way i hope that you feel better soon about it all (perhaps if you could get away with it you could just tell her to bugger off and stop pushing you - although if it's your boss maybe not a such good idea ;))

Take care
Cath.

Thank you all for your caring words.Of course you are right and today is that new day and I am determined to climb right back on the wagon and start again!!Hopefully I will not get any pressure from work as I was seen eating yesterday, think I will fabricate a phone call or a meeting (like that idea!) . Felt so awful after being sick I promise I will never go there again-promise! The mad thing is I am on week 6 and am only 7 pounds from my goal, so I know it's not for much longer. Thanks again for the support and just being there.

Izzysmum, i have to agree with everything that has been said before... Put it behind you hun and move on .. What's done is done...
Could you not have a shake and tell them that you are on slim fast, and you eat every evening?..It is a shame that "friends" can't be more supportive instead of making you feel bad.... Could you not take this particular friend to one side and tell her the truth? Perhaps if she can see that you are determined to do it but need her support and not condemnation, she might help you x x

Hi babes, sorry only just gotten round to seeing those post....I agree with everything that's been said and I particularly like Su's idea of saying that you're on Slimfast.....

You said that you were only 7lbs away from your target, is that a healthy weight target or a mid-point on a longer journey? If you still have a way to go then I think that you'd be better telling people what you've been doing, at the end of the day it's no-ones business but yours! I think that the friends, if they are, that go on about it are usually only jealous that you've got the strength to do this diet. And you know what? If you've got the strength to do this then you've got the strength to tell your detractors to sod off and let you get on with it!

In any event, promise you won't make yourself throw up again....that's a really slippery slope. I did it in the 70's before there was a name for it, my sister and I, who were both dead skinny, used to compete to be the thinnest. We started making ourselves sick and it carried on for months, TBH I cant remember what stopped it now as it was so long ago, I think maybe I left home so the competition between us stopped. I do remember that it was actually a very easy thing to do, providing you got to the loo before the meal had gone down too far! Sooooo not a good idea!

Hopefully today is a bright new day for you, have a good one x

I slipped up too and only on week 3.I know how awful you feel esp if you are doing so well......I have reset my mind and determind to lose this week.....I hope you can do the same..... forgive forget and jump back on that wagon girl!!! You are almost there!!!

So far so good today!! going to have my soup in a minute ,feeling right back in control!! Sandra and Su I will never go there again but thanks for your consistent words of support and wisdom, I wish you lived closer to me you are so fab. Sandra I lost over 25% of my body weight almost 2 years ago but had put half of that back on between now and then, my goal is to lose it again rather than continue the f***k it weight gain slippery slope I was on, and I am soooooo close, just starting to feel better about myself and how I look. i will never be a skinny minnie but just want to put clothes on and feel nice rather than wanting to cry!! I am going to have a "review " period when I reach goal to see how I feel rather than just go by weight! Thanks again for the support x

Not sure where to start....... I haven't told anyone at work that I am doing LT because of the negativity I got last time I did it! Well today one of my "friends" at work just pushed and pushed at lunchtime for me to eat with her and ....I did! Yes I know it was wrong but I am just running out of excuses for avoiding her at lunchtime. But it gets worse...not sure how to say this and I know it is gross but at the first opportunity I went to the loo and made myself sick, sorry for too much information but I don't have anyone to share with. Now I feel wretched on two counts, eating and what I did afterwards. To cap it all I checked my wee a minute ago and I am out of ketosis!!! I could cry! Probably will actually..... not sure how to get back on track but at 23 pounds down you would think I would have more commitment, just feel like I am a total failure. Thanks for listening .

I didn't mind telling the nay-sayers due to me loving a good argument. Be honest and stick too it, you'll soon be making them eat their words.

That's what we're all here for....to support each other through thick (fat!) and thin xxx

So far so good today!! going to have my soup in a minute ,feeling right back in control!! Sandra and Su I will never go there again but thanks for your consistent words of support and wisdom, I wish you lived closer to me you are so fab. Sandra I lost over 25% of my body weight almost 2 years ago but had put half of that back on between now and then, my goal is to lose it again rather than continue the f***k it weight gain slippery slope I was on, and I am soooooo close, just starting to feel better about myself and how I look. i will never be a skinny minnie but just want to put clothes on and feel nice rather than wanting to cry!! I am going to have a "review " period when I reach goal to see how I feel rather than just go by weight! Thanks again for the support x

Well done on getting back on track hun .. Remember, we are all here for you, whatever you are going through, and we will do whatever we can to help.. Good luck x x x

Back