Oh pants! We have a mouse. :(

Lucky7

Lucky7
*Sigh*

Apparently my cat chased it and it went behind the washing machine. I'm not keen on killing traps or poisons so I suppose I'll have to try the humane traps and release as far away as possible (in the country park a few miles away probably).

Poop. NOT what I wanted for Christmas. I live in quite a new property so am surprised it found its way in - could it have snuck in with the rooted Christmas tree I wonder??

Mice can get in anywhere. Experts say that if you have a hole you can poke a pencil through, a mouse will get through there. Holes in airbricks are one way in. It is probably a one-off, but if you get any more it is worth going round with a torch and having a good look.

You need to have a word with your cat about its duties! But then, when we lived in the country our cats used to bring field mice in to show us, drop them, then lose interest. And one of them chased a weasel in, which hid behind the spin dryer - took me ages to get it out!

Whatever type of trap you get, peanut butter is the best bait.

Thanks Anna - my poor old cat is about 23 years old, and not as fast as she once was. She did give a fair chase though, and got closer than my OH managed to. Someone else mentioned peanut butter. I'm going to get a humane mouse trap and put some peanut butter in it. Have looked for obvious holes, but like you say, they can get through such tiny spaces. *sigh*.

The thing about peanut butter is that they can't snatch it away like a piece of cheese. And it is sticky so they have to hang around a bit, so trap gets to do its thing! Apparently Nutella works quite well, but I have never felt like wasting Nutella on a mouse - I don't like peanut butter so the only reason we had it in the house was for the mice!!

I feel your pain, we found a mouse in the garage, thought we had gotten rid of it. then extended the utility and did the kitchen, all boxes from garage and kitchen were in the dining room......result, mouse droppings everywhere. Found 3 of the little Sh*ts, they were drunk on my lovingly made and fed every 3 weeks with sherry Christmas cake, made them easy to catch though!

No sign of him / her since the initial sighting! Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

Hopefully escaped. My OH reckons it could have hidden and had a heart attack from being chased by him and the cat. I hope not!!

Back