Oh please someone help I must be doing this wrong!

marty77

:sigh:Hi Guysi joined slimming world 6 weeks ago very determined.I had my second baby in December.Problem is that after my first baby I DID NOTHING to loose the weight and this left me with extra weight bla bla ==so long story short I lost 3 lb in the 6 weeks. I had a bad week last week and Hay Presto the 3 Lb is back on JUST LIKE THAT. So I would ask if any kind hearted person could have a look at my diarys and tell me where Im going wrong. I love cooking but mabye my portions are too big or somthing?So today I had the followingTruth and nothing but the truth! b: 35G Porridge Healthy B Milk Healthy Aon top I had strawberries,grapes, blueberries.Lunch 2 slices wholemeal bread with ham (5 syns)1 banana1 Teahalf of a one finger snack (2 syns)2 satsumasDinner: Potato broccoli turnip roast chicken leg (no skin)Ice cream in a wafer (4 syns ?)Hi fi bar & Coffee 6 SynsSo 17 syns today not a good day I was feeling a bit down as I had my 3Lb back on.Need to get over that and back into the swing of things.Any advice good or bad will be taken on board and much appreciated.Mx

Hiya, Welcome to the forum!

First thing that leapt out from your diary for me was that you have your HexA of milk in your porridge, but then tea and coffee later, did the allowance cover your drinks and your breakfast? Breakfast looks fine - Lunchwise, wholemeal bread? What type? 2 slices would normally work out at more than 5 syns - remember that if you dont have a free food allowance 1 syn = 20 kcal. Did you measure out your ice-cream or did you just guesstimate the syns? Are you breastfeeding still? If so, you have extra Hexs available to you. I would encourage you to keep up plenty of the superfree - its filling and low calorie, so very beneficial, and just stick with it - I wonder if indeed you arent eating enough?

Try not to let it get you down to the point where you feel it is better to go off-plan if the scales dont say what you want them to. There will often be reasons for it other than excessive eating, water retention, time of the month etc - some of that gain might not be real. Just jump back on plan, and stick with it, come here to get some support, keep your food diary going and you will get there :)

I will move this post to the food diary section so you can continue to track what you are eating.

I’d agree with MLM, you need to check your syns & don’t forget to count the milk in your tea & coffee. To give you an idea of how many extra syns you are having in your tea & coffee try measuring how much milk you actually put in & then check the syns.

Also you’ve had an EE day, but for lunch you’ve not had any superfree foods. Did your broccoli & turnip equal 1/3 superfree. I’m sure the ice cream & wafer would be more than 4 syns, I seem to remember ice cream alone is 6 syns.

I’d say make a few changes, check your syns either on SW website or on here. Measure your milk, in the morning why not put ‘your’ milk in a bottle/jug & make sure all the family know it’s your milk that way you know you’re not going over.

You could check other peoples diaries for ideas on what to have for lunch instead of sandwiches. I know sometimes we just stick to the same thing.

HTH
:D

same...the ice cream and wafer seem a very low syn value.. try having fat free yogurts insteat of bars and finger snacks.good luck for next weigh in. are u in a class??

Oh thank you for your replys.Yes the ice cream was a guesstamation!!! I feel a bit happier today after starting this thread. I am in a class near my home but Im not great at opening up in public. i know Im not very fat and I am tall but me myself I need to loose 1 stone to fit back into my jeans without the overhang !!So here is my food intake todayI feel that because Im on maternity leave and Im not getting up till 9 ...(I have a good baby that sleeps x) i feed the baby and by the time I get downstairs its almost 10am.I have my porridge and fruit and then lunch at 1.So this morning I got up at 8 and went down and had my porridge.I put the milk in a jug 375ml and I use this for my tea and coffee during the day.So Breakfast- Porridge & Milk & FruitSnack Tea banana and satsumaLunch Omlette (2 Eggs) with bacon(fat removed) tomato potato and onion. 1 slice of Wholemeal bread form 400g loaf (2.5 syns) &Cup of tea.So I will have a Muller lite Fat free at 3 pm and a nectarine and Im thinking Carbonara with peppers and Chicken or a stirfry for dinner.I will also head out in the rain rain rain for a walk later as I didnt get going yesterday.Thanks again for all the feedback its much appreciatedxxm

Today looks lots better! :) well done for measuring yr milk! That's one thing I could really do with doing!
I found that porridge takes a lot of the milk required. Have u tried a hex b portion of a different cereal with fat free yogurt?
I had this the other day for breakfast and it was yum! 30g's of shreddies is a hex b x

Attachments

• image-160927965.jpg
    image-160927965.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 99
No I havent tried it yet but I will next week. I should have joined this weeks ago and I might still have my 3lb off Ha Ha

I always 'wet' my porridge with water and just use a splash of milk for flavour. Saves the milk for lots of mugs of tea.

go you... one thing ive found out about slimming groups in general are noone judges. so never feel like you cant open up n talk.some people are a little too open....lol my group meeting this week included constipation and periods....nice. keep going and well done.x

So I had a Chicken Stir fry with boiled rice for dinner.It was yum yum. I filled up totally on the rice and veg only put 1 breast of chicken in. I had a banana and a satsuma at 8.30 and I might have a hi fi bar with a cuppa in a while.I also did 3km of a walk in the rain... I feel determined right now so I hope i keep up the good work.
Total syns today 2.5 and mabye 6 more if I have the hi fi bar!!!
Thanks girls
M

Morning
Its a brighter day weather wise today so I am heading off for a walk.
B fast Porridge with Milk hex a & b with satsuma nectarine grapes and blueberries.

So no walk!! went food shopping instead.
Lunch: Syn free Boxty (I KNOW CANT BELIEVE IT) with fried egg in frylite and a rasher no fat (FREE) but I had a slice of Wholemeal Bread 2.5 Syns
Snack Satsuma & Banana 2 Hi Fi Bars (12 syns)
Dinner Boiled Potato broccoli and a steak (1 Syn for spoon of Gravy from granules)

So all was good I had another Satsuma at 8 o clock but then I got the munchies for a bag of crisps (7 Syns) 25g bag
and a half glass of wine (half because thats all that was in the bottle thank God) 4 syns

Total syns today 26.5

Better day tomorro x

So Sunday was not a good day for Syns....

Will move swiftly along to Monday
B/fast Porridge & Friut
Lunch Noodles chicken Flavour (7 Syns)
Snack 1 hi fi Bar (6 Syns),Banana Muller Lite
dinner Roast Beef 2 Slices 1 New Potato carrots and mushey peas 1 small tb spoon pf gravy( 3 Syns)
Total Syns 16 3km walk

Weigh In today
LOSS ------ 4 lb
Oh so delighted. I really am.
So this will really motivate me for this week coming..

Excellent loss! Well done you x

Back