OK, Carole's starting a diary...............................

carole66

Well the title says it all really.

I've been on Dukan 5/6 weeks now (can't remember without looking at my signature/profile!!) and I've been amazed by the ease of it and the weight loss.

After now losing just over a stone, my body shape has changed soooo much already!!

My work clothes are becoming so baggy (I notice them more as at weekends and days off, I usually wear leggings and baggy tops) and I've had to buy a new pair of trousers for work.

Yesterday, I decided to sort out the piles of clothes that have been sitting at the bottom of my wardrobe for months and months.

I came across so many tops and t-shirts and pants that I used to love wearing, that now fit again!!! Brilliant feeling. :D

I also filled TWO bin bags full of clothes for the charity shop. Getting rid of those which are now too big for me as I have NO intention of getting this big EVER AGAIN!! I think I can safely say that, because Dukan really is so easy to follow, and in the future if I ever feel I'm putting on too many pounds, I can come back to this and not feel too deprived.

Well that will do for my first post, more to follow I'm sure!

Hi Carole, welcome to the diaries. You are doing fab ! I had a clear out of clothes the weekend too, although I packed mine away. Looking froward to reading your progress x

Well done on already losing a stone, and good call on getting rid of those clothes!

It's a great feeling when you find that top that you love but haven't been able to wear for a long time, but then BAM, it fits!!! Much more satisfying than a chocolate bar :)x

Thanks for the support girls, much appreciated.

Well today is weigh-in and I have lost another pound this week. Wasn't too sure what was going to happen this week TBH as it was TOTM and that seemed to drag on forever, also had digestive problems (Don't want to go into TMI on that!). Probably all related, but could have done without it.

Anyway, that one pound has now made me weigh UNDER 200 LBS!!! YAY!!!!!

I'm not setting specific targets on this diet, as that doesn't really work for me. I would just get so depressed if I didn't reach them in what I thought was a decent time limit. I'm just going on what is actually happening, like last week my BMI changed from Class II obesity to Class I obesity, and this week I'm now under 200lbs. My next big YAY! will be when I get into the 13s!! But that will happen when it happens.

Also, love being able to fit into old (smaller) clothes, and I swear my collarbones are now only hidden by half an inch of fat below my skin!!! Ha ha ha!!

Well, to borrow a phrase that someone else has used on here, ONWARDS AND DOWNWARDS!!!

X

well done Carole - you're doing fantastic!!! I agree with you -this diet is so easy to follow, no complicated rules, no weighing, no counting - my sort of diet!! keep up the good work!!

Thanks Susie, well looking at your figures you're also doing brilliantly!!

Thanks Susie, well looking at your figures you're also doing brilliantly!!

Love this diet!!!!

Well done !!!!! That's my next goal to get under 200lbs, did it before but had a few "drama's" & I lost track for a while. Hopefully i'll be joining you very soon x

You're not far off JoJo, you'll be there soon!! xx

Carole hi, and congrats moving down to class 1.....1 stone off and i titraly agree with you at how easy cruise is. I love the allowed foods and tbh i dont Feel im on a diet as i dont feel deprived. Keep posting and will read your journey .....onwards and downwards xx

Great work Carole. It's great seeing the weight coming off every week. It the motivation I need to keep going. x

Well done on the loss so far, it is definately easy,

your doing fab :)

Well, another week, another weigh-in, and I'm pleased and rather surprised to find I have lost 2lb!!

Surprised because towards the end of last week I thought I was hitting the dreaded plateau. My weight hadn't shifted at all by Friday and I was feeling a bit rubbish (physically I mean, not psychologically).

I do have bouts of constipation on this diet, purely because I cannot eat the oatbran every day. It tends to disagree with me and then I have a visit from the 'whoosh fairy'!! So I find that if I eat it every two or three days, I'm OK. Also, rhubard doesn't seem to have the effect on me that it should! (Don't need to go into this, you all know what I mean, LOL)

Because my scales hadn't moved, I decided to drink more water, as I do tend to drink fizzy drinks instead, and that seems to have worked!! Better than expected in fact, as I have to admit to finding two small roast potatoes on my plate on Sunday, no idea where they came from, but thought I should eat them and get rid of them!!

Well I'm ever closer now to reaching the 13s, so will be ecstatic when I reach that.

I still can't get over how easy this diet is and how quickly the weight falls off. Although I do sometimes find eating the same things over a bit of a chore and sometimes I find I'm eating because I know I have to, rather than wanting to. When I think back to what I used to eat, and how often, all washed down with wine most nights, I wonder how I fitted it all in!!

Well that's it for now, looking forward now to reading all the other diaries!

Best of luck everyone x

thats another good loss... well done :D

Thanks Ellie

Seeing your stats is an inspiration!

xx

thanks... im a bit over my target weight at the moment and struggled to get back into it so it crept up & up :( now back in the zone and lost almost 7lbs since friday :)

2lb... Well done Carole xxx

You seem to be doing really well carol :) keep going girl and you'll be where you wanna be in no time :) xxx

Back