Extra Easy Ok changing from Red & Green - I think I need help!!

I re-joined group last night & my new c was adament we do not do red/green days. I said I have only ever really done it this way & that what I knew, but she like I said was adament I give ee a go for a month!!!! :eek:

So - I am just wanting a little bit of help if I can???

1) Breakfast - I always have 28g porrige, now I only get 1 b I am not sure if this is still wise??? but then i'm lost as to what else to have for breakfast that doesn't use my 1 & only b??? Yogurt for breakfast for me just doesn't cut it, at weekends I have more time to make tomatoes, mushrooms, egg on toast etc (still using that b!! haha)

2) Meals - for lunches & dinners, do I have to have both red & green foods mixed with my 1/3 superfree???? Like if I wanted say egg & chips do i need some kind of red food aswell???

I find that bit more confusing as that to me is green day food so I would have another green kind of meal that day not a meat/fish based meal.

I am going to take a look at some food diaries for idea's but the few i've looked at this morning seem to be red/green.

Gettingthinnerbytheday said:
I re-joined group last night & my new c was adament we do not do red/green days. I said I have only ever really done it this way & that what I knew, but she like I said was adament I give ee a go for a month!!!! :eek:

So - I am just wanting a little bit of help if I can???

1) Breakfast - I always have 28g porrige, now I only get 1 b I am not sure if this is still wise??? but then i'm lost as to what else to have for breakfast that doesn't use my 1 & only b??? Yogurt for breakfast for me just doesn't cut it, at weekends I have more time to make tomatoes, mushrooms, egg on toast etc (still using that b!! haha)

2) Meals - for lunches & dinners, do I have to have both red & green foods mixed with my 1/3 superfree???? Like if I wanted say egg & chips do i need some kind of red food aswell???

I find that bit more confusing as that to me is green day food so I would have another green kind of meal that day not a meat/fish based meal.

I am going to take a look at some food diaries for idea's but the few i've looked at this morning seem to be red/green.

The consultant can't 'make' you do any particular plan-they can only recommend. Maybe give it a go for a few weeks if you want, but if you're happier doing green or original then do that-it's your money and your body that you're putting the food into :) good luck

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Oh I know - I agreed to give it a go though so just want to check the bits that are confusing me so at least I am doing it right! haha x

Oh I know - I agreed to give it a go though so just want to check the bits that are confusing me so at least I am doing it right! haha x

Ah right sorry! With regards to your queries, alot of people still use their HEb for breakfast as it sets you up for the day.
You don't have to have red AND green free foods in each meal No, but you can if you wish-the only thing you HAVE to do ia make sure you have 1/3 of each meal as superfree fruit or veg(so that's all fresh or frozen fruit, and all veg that is free on original days)
HTH x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Yes, they can't make you do a particular plan but she is right that if you start a plan you should give it at least a month before deciding that it is not working for you.

To answer your questions - no you do not need to have both red and green free foods in every meal, you just need to make sure that whatever you have includes the one third superfree foods.

Breakfast? it is up to you and the foods you enjoy. You can still have cereal for breakfast if you want but there are lots of alternatives if you prefer to keep your HEB for later in the day

You would have to have some fruit or other veg to make it EE.

xxx

Now thats whats confusing me - I got it from the Sw website & according to the syns - its just 2.5 syns on EE??? No where on the recipe or pic is there any superfree - am I totally missing something about ee??? I thought EVERY meal had to have at least 1/3 superfree :confused:

Now thats whats confusing me - I got it from the Sw website & according to the syns - its just 2.5 syns on EE??? No where on the recipe or pic is there any superfree - am I totally missing something about ee??? I thought EVERY meal had to have at least 1/3 superfree :confused:

If you look at the FAQs on the SW, they say you dont HAVE to have 1/3 with each meal-however they recommend it in order to make the plan work best-someone on here has quoted it recently but can't remember actual wording

Answer from the FAQ section of the SW website

Is a third of a plate of Superfree Food mandatory on the Extra Easy plan?

A: No, we'd never insist you eat in a way that might not suit you. However, we encourage you to include a third of a plate of Superfree Food to keep Extra Easy extra low energy density (low calorie), extra satisfying and extra healthy to optimise weight loss.

Every meal has to have 1/3 superfree and im pretty sure none of that is so unless they are assuming you will have a side salad or something with it then I dont know.
Things like curries , chilli and spag bol you add your 1/3rd super free to them so dont have to have any extra because they already have it in the form of passatta mushrooms peppers and onions.

xxx

If you look at the FAQs on the SW, they say you dont HAVE to have 1/3 with each meal-however they recommend it in order to make the plan work best-someone on here has quoted it recently but can't remember actual wording

Answer from the FAQ section of the SW website

Is a third of a plate of Superfree Food mandatory on the Extra Easy plan?

A: No, we'd never insist you eat in a way that might not suit you. However, we encourage you to include a third of a plate of Superfree Food to keep Extra Easy extra low energy density (low calorie), extra satisfying and extra healthy to optimise weight loss.

Well you learn something new every day lol

xx

The problem you have here is that Slimming World tell you one thing, then give you an example with something that doesnt follow their own rules :rolleyes:

You are quite right, there isn't a jot of superfree in fish, chips and peas, yet SW choose to confuse everyone by including it as an example meal in their joining leaflets!

I can sort of understand it - I'm eating on average 21 meals a week, and if one of those meals doesnt 100% follow the rules, as long as its somewhere close its hardly going to completely wreck everything I've done for the whole of the rest of the week.

But they could make it a little clearer - a little asterix on the page and a note along the lines of "*this meal has no superfree so does not fully follow the rules of EE - however it is still a healthy meal, and as an occasional deviation will not adversly affect your progress"

Or, they could just not include non EE meals at all - if they just replaced those peas with some carrots, or broccoli, even sugar snap peas - it would have been fine!

The problem you have here is that Slimming World tell you one thing, then give you an example with something that doesnt follow their own rules :rolleyes:

You are quite right, there isn't a jot of superfree in fish, chips and peas, yet SW choose to confuse everyone by including it as an example meal in their joining leaflets!

I can sort of understand it - I'm eating on average 21 meals a week, and if one of those meals doesnt 100% follow the rules, as long as its somewhere close its hardly going to completely wreck everything I've done for the whole of the rest of the week.

But they could make it a little clearer - a little asterix on the page and a note along the lines of "*this meal has no superfree so does not fully follow the rules of EE - however it is still a healthy meal, and as an occasional deviation will not adversly affect your progress"

Or, they could just not include non EE meals at all - if they just replaced those peas with some carrots, or broccoli, even sugar snap peas - it would have been fine!

Yeah one of the magazines I have shows meatballs and spagetti as EE, so I made it quite a few times thinking the passata & onions was my SF but it was only a few weeks later when I read through it again it states at the bottom of it that you have to add a salad to it, i've never in my life had salad with meatballs and pasta, the meal should not be shown as EE as it clearly isn't!!

Hi!!!

Answering your question about meals...

I tend to use my healthy option b in the morning... And have something on toast..

Fry light mushrooms on toast
Boiled eggs and toast
Ham omelette
Porridge made with water

Healthy option a is generally used throughout the day to fulfil my caffeine needs!!! Milk..

Lunch is salad and home made soups..

And dinner is usually something with potatoes,pasta or rice and chopped tin tomato based sauce...

The free low fat dressings are handy! And garlic and herbs add lots of flavour to everything!!

Hope this helps x

As a result if another thread i have emailed SW highlighting the huge discrepency between what their site says about 1/3rd superfree, what their consultants say, & what the recipes have in them! Its very frustrating!!

My consultant (When I was still able to afford to go to class) told me that if you have 1/3 of your total daily allowance as super free then it works the same. I just remembered that.

xxx

Back