OK...here goes

lexi076

I am pants at sticking to things. I decided on CS..it is not hard....however, I decide after 2 really good weeks to go back to calorie counting...why? because I am fickle:cry: Now..I know I will get a little weight loss this week and it will bug me because I should have just stuck at it. I get fed up after a couple of weeks though......so this is my plan. 2 weeks on cs and then a week on 1000kcal....back to 2 weeks on cs and so on and so on.
What do you guys think?

I need some good honest opinions.

Don't u think that will confuse you lol, why don't u stay on cs for at least a month and move on after tht

Hi Lexi - I'd probably try and stick to the CS diet, or at least the principles of the diet (ie. around 800-1000cals per day, low carbs etc). Is there a part of the CS diet that just isn't fitting in or you're not happy with?

It's your decision hun and you know what works for you. I think I'm right in saying your hubby is doing CS just now, would the fact both of you doing it together make it easier - or harder?! Just remember, it's sod's law that men lose weight quicker than women (another reason to believe God is, indeed, a man!!!).

I think 2 weeks isn't giving the diet enough of a chance, as TC says above, maybe give it another couple of weeks then decide what way to move forward?

Let us know how you feel about CS and what route you're going to take, but whatever you decide - stay in touch with us! x

cheers folks ....... I think I NEED cs to attain my weight loss goal. I might aim to do it in 3 week blocks with a week off (bit like add a meal on cambridge).

It is the total lack of food freedom that gets to me Alison. Not saying I want to pig out...just have normal toast or cereal for brekkie sometimes.

If im honest with myself hun, i feel exactly the same..i lost 3 stone on WW in 4 months which was amazing...but..like you i go fed up..and now im feelin the same witj CS and ive only been doing it 3 days (not good i know) however...i am determind to stick to this for at least a couple of weeks and see how it goes...i have no will power :( lol oh dear!

cheers folks ....... I think I NEED cs to attain my weight loss goal. I might aim to do it in 3 week blocks with a week off (bit like add a meal on cambridge).

It is the total lack of food freedom that gets to me Alison. Not saying I want to pig out...just have normal toast or cereal for brekkie sometimes.

Hi Lexi - how are you this morning?

I miss toast too! We both know that if we reduce our calorie intake and up or activity we will lose weight, so you do what you feel is right for you and something you're happy with and that you know you will see through - good luck babes x :)

If im honest with myself hun, i feel exactly the same..i lost 3 stone on WW in 4 months which was amazing...but..like you i go fed up..and now im feelin the same witj CS and ive only been doing it 3 days (not good i know) however...i am determind to stick to this for at least a couple of weeks and see how it goes...i have no will power :( lol oh dear!

Well done on your 3 stone loss with WW - that proves you DO have willpower :)! I found the first few days on CS a big adjustment but it's easier now my body used to less carbs etc and I'm getting into the swing of things, plus the weight loss in week one has spurred me on for week 2. Good luck hun x

Hi Lexi ((hugs)) Ive been where you are for the last year with Cambridge and it was pants as I knew I wasnt happy doing it.
The thing is with CS like Cambridge is your cutting out carbs thats mainly why you lose the weight quickly so you do 3 weeks then a week off,on that week off will you have a carb overload?I really understand why you feel like this I love crisps chips bread and they I think are addictive :cry:
The thing is though after your week of calorie counting with carbs when you go back onto CS your have to go through the withdrawals again?
Maybe try a week on calorie counting stay here with us each day say how its going then decide?I really do know how you feel ;)xxxx

Last edited:
Hiya Alison, you are as always the voice of reason! :)
I know you are probably right about the carb withdrawal thing. I also have to say that despite remaining below 1200 kcals since Sun, I have not budged an ounce on the scales :( Thus...come Monday, I am back with CS and have committed mentally to a period of no shorter than 4 weeks before having another break. I keep reminding myself of how bad I will feel in June if I am too embarrased to go into the swimming pool with my little one. If you hear me start wittering about calories again within the 4 week period......a good metaphorical kick up the butt will be required. feel free to dispense!

Hiya Alison, you are as always the voice of reason! :)
I know you are probably right about the carb withdrawal thing. I also have to say that despite remaining below 1200 kcals since Sun, I have not budged an ounce on the scales :( Thus...come Monday, I am back with CS and have committed mentally to a period of no shorter than 4 weeks before having another break. I keep reminding myself of how bad I will feel in June if I am too embarrased to go into the swimming pool with my little one. If you hear me start wittering about calories again within the 4 week period......a good metaphorical kick up the butt will be required. feel free to dispense!

Good for you Lexi :) I know it's not easy, wish diets were!! I had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning (I know, I know, I said I wouldn't but I was on them before I could stop myself lol!) and my weight hasn't moved since Monday but I'm guessing after week 1 the weight loss will slow down to around 1-3lbs per week, which over a 4 week period should be around half a stone, which is good.

Little steps Lexi, you're doing the right thing, sometimes the big picture is rather daunting, so take it in little chunk sizes and as the weeks roll by and you see the weight coming off you'll be so pleased with yourself and keep visualising youself on that beach in the summer! :character00180:

Thanks for your kind comments, I'm always here if you need me hun x

Weigh in week 3!

Only down 1lb...but hey, that is 15lbs in 3 weeks and as you can see from the previous posts...I wavered for a while and ate normally.

Still hoping to be down to my initial target for June but not overblowing it in my head. Little chunks...eh Alison :)
See..I listen !!:D

Only down 1lb...but hey, that is 15lbs in 3 weeks and as you can see from the previous posts...I wavered for a while and ate normally.

Still hoping to be down to my initial target for June but not overblowing it in my head. Little chunks...eh Alison :)
See..I listen !!:D

Well done you :0clapper:- great loss over 3 little weeks - over a stone, I'm very impressed babes!

You'll look fabtabulous by June - I knew you were listening!! Well done x :party0049:

Back