ok is there anyone who started out big like me?

Paul_Farnham_uk

Hi all,

When i started SW i weighed 26st 7lb and i have now dropped to 24st 3lb but although i am in less pain etc with joints and back i have to say im dissapointed with how much change i have fealt in my clothes.

Btw i am 6ft 2in tall.

I am wondering if anyone else who started out at a similar weight to me could give me an insight into how long it took before you started to see changes in the clothes sizes etc you were wearing?

obviously ideally i would be looking for male comparisons as it applies more directly but i would love to know about any ladies experiences too.

thanks

Paul

Just kinda need something to look forward to if you get my meaning

For me, my stomach fat was the last thing to shift, so I dropped a lot of dress sizes near the end of my journey rather than after I lost the first couple of stone. Obviously as a man you don't do dress sizes, but the weight you have lost will have gone from all over your body, not just your torso, including from around your internal organs, so won't be as obviously visible straight away. I imagine you will see more of a difference as you get into the teen stones. Make sure and take photos along the way so you can compare and contrast the difference, you see yourself every day, but looking at images of yourself a few weeks apart will make the differences much clearer.

For info, my heaviest weight was 21st2 and I was a size 24, and I am 6ft tall.

my starting weight was 25st 10lbs, i'm about 5'11''. i have to say that i lost a few stone over the first few months, but my clothes sizes never really started to change till the 3rd or 4th month, at the moment i'm dropping a size roughly every 3 months, i started on 52'' waist and 4xl (5xl depending on where i bought it from) t-shirts etc. and at the moment i am (just into) 38'' jeans and xl t-shirts, this is in the space of 14-15 months..

i was the same as you, frustrated that i wasn't seeing a change.. but i swear it happened almost over night (not kidding) i put on jeans one day and they were tiny bit loose, the next they were slipping off, no idea how or why but it just happend.

like everything to do with s.w or any weight loss plan / healthy eating .. everything takes time, you can't expect to drop all the weight overnight, don't worry about it. one day you will put on clothes and get a nice suprise that it's too big, it's an amazing feeling ;)

good luck in the future

remember, you can do it.. one day at a time ;)

Thanks very much for your response Malc its nice to know roughly what size i will be at 18 stone as thats kinda the weight i am aiming for, so based on me being slightly taller i am guessing a 36/38 waist which would be awesome and gives me something to look forward to :)

I cant even remeber the last time i was that size tbh

Btw can i ask roughly what sort of losses you wer having per week/ month?

my starting weight was 25st 10lbs, i'm about 5'11''. i have to say that i lost a few stone over the first few months, but my clothes sizes never really started to change till the 3rd or 4th month, at the moment i'm dropping a size roughly every 3 months, i started on 52'' waist and 4xl (5xl depending on where i bought it from) t-shirts etc. and at the moment i am (just into) 38'' jeans and xl t-shirts, this is in the space of 14-15 months..

i was the same as you, frustrated that i wasn't seeing a change.. but i swear it happened almost over night (not kidding) i put on jeans one day and they were tiny bit loose, the next they were slipping off, no idea how or why but it just happend.

like everything to do with s.w or any weight loss plan / healthy eating .. everything takes time, you can't expect to drop all the weight overnight, don't worry about it. one day you will put on clothes and get a nice suprise that it's too big, it's an amazing feeling ;)

good luck in the future

remember, you can do it.. one day at a time ;)

Thanks also for your response hon

For me, my stomach fat was the last thing to shift, so I dropped a lot of dress sizes near the end of my journey rather than after I lost the first couple of stone. Obviously as a man you don't do dress sizes, but the weight you have lost will have gone from all over your body, not just your torso, including from around your internal organs, so won't be as obviously visible straight away. I imagine you will see more of a difference as you get into the teen stones. Make sure and take photos along the way so you can compare and contrast the difference, you see yourself every day, but looking at images of yourself a few weeks apart will make the differences much clearer.

had a big loss the first few weeks, then it averaged out to 2/3 a week.. now i'm holding steady on about 1 a week, i could probably lose more if i changed my diet about, but i'm not in a rush at the min ;)

MadameLaMinx said:

Just hijacking to say that's interesting to know as I have lost 2 stone over so far, can tell but still in the same clothes size :/

Some years ago I weighed over 20stone,and I'm only I'm 5ft4 lol I lost a bit of weight after I was told a knee injury I had would mean I wouldn't be able to walk if I didn't lose the weight ASAP I then joined sw to get a recorded weight of 19stone 8lb. I didn't see the weight loss myself for ages....infact it took a friend who was a size 16/18 to force me into her outfit after a rugby match to prove to me that the size 24 clothes I was wearing were too big lol that was over 6years ago....I'm 13stone 4lb now and I've been under the 14stone mark for last 4 years. I still think I'm the size I was at the start tho...its a mental thing aswell as physical, I still have size 20 clothes now that I wear but infact I'm a 14/16 lol my advice is just to keep going and don't get settled. Just think even if u don't see it yet all this healthy eating is doing u far better then the rubbish before. I think they should invent scales that show extra years you extend Ur life by rather then how much you weigh....maybe they are....they are just working on the hoverboards first lol

Try taking measurements as sometimes it can take a while to see clothes sizes drop but you can see the inches coming off :) as for clothes sizes sometimes I don't really feel that my clothes are getting massive as there's often not a huge variation in sizes but I will buy something in a smaller size to slim into and often when trying it on it actually fits much sooner than expected, I guess in our heads we can feel bigger than we actually are :-/ x

Hi Paul

I started at 24st 3lb in Oct (only 5' 9" though), just got down into the 19s.

Any chance your old clothes just fit better now? I know various t shirts had become only suitable for lounging round the house, trousers that would be ok once I'd worn them for a day etc.

As for rate, same as above. Quick start then 3lbs a week, then 2.5, then 2. About 1.5 lbs/week at the moment but more erratic than my early losses.

Mind if i ask if you are a man or woman?

Congrats on your loss btw very well done

Hi Paul

I started at 24st 3lb in Oct (only 5' 9" though), just got down into the 19s.

Any chance your old clothes just fit better now? I know various t shirts had become only suitable for lounging round the house, trousers that would be ok once I'd worn them for a day etc.

As for rate, same as above. Quick start then 3lbs a week, then 2.5, then 2. About 1.5 lbs/week at the moment but more erratic than my early losses.

I was 24 4 and 5 ft 5 and not one person noticed i'd lost any weight at all til i'd lost over three stones! Then everyone started noticing. I am female btw.At 20 st I had to buy all new clothes and for me it was at that point I really felt better and slimmer.

Lucia Lucia said:
I was 24 4 and 5 ft 5 and not one person noticed i'd lost any weight at all til i'd lost over three stones! Then everyone started noticing. I am female btw.At 20 st I had to buy all new clothes and for me it was at that point I really felt better and slimmer.

You look v much female ;)

Hello George,

I am now in the 23s so am of a similar weight to you now and i am sure you will find the weight loss suprising as long as you stick reasonably close to plan :)

Keep in touch mate and we can compare notes if you like :)

regards

Paul

Hi there started 2 days ago currently 23 stone. glad have found this thread

The inches take a while to drop off at first, and not all at the same time from the same place.
I'm 6'4" and started at 33st 5.5 and a 68 waist jeans, 6XL T-shirts and 7XL jumpers.

I'm now 18st and a 40/42 waist and L/XL tops ( depending on where I buy them. )

It will happen, it just takes time.
You may also find that some weeks you don't lose much / any weight but will suddenly lose inches as your body reshapes itself.
Well that's how it seemed to me anyway.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Hi George,

I have been doing SW for 8 weeks now and have lost 10% of my bodyweight which is 37.5lbs so far, bad week this week due to illness, good luck for your weigh in monday :)

I will keep in touch Paul I have got my first weigh in on Monday. How long have you been doing SW.George

Back