Ok so i bought celeriac.... What now?

I have only used it as a topping for shepherds pie and to do that I simply cubed it along with some BNS boiled, drained and mashed it - what about celeriac crisps ??? might be nice?

I'm scared lol I've never made crisps just for excited as its first time I've seen one!! Haha x

I mashed to some parsnips there, I did not care for it!!! Maybe try mash this instead thanks

Hi! I am eating celeriac chips right now! With turkey sausage /meatball in tom and mushroom sauce OMG you will love the chips, I peel n chop the whole thing, into slices, par boil, spray with fry light bung in hot oven until chips, they take a while but are lush! I freeze the other parboiled ones then I have chips ready for the oven on a pv day, the ones I am eating tonight are straight from freezer, sooo good !

Hmmm they sound lush!! The parsnip mash was a let down had to mix cottage cheese to make it edible :( yaaaakkkkkk!!! Might try these on we'd, wit temp and how long??? Thank you ! X

I have gas oven so it been on 6 or 7 (usually cos I am cooking something else for family at same time) I do try to wack oven up high for last 5-10 mins to crisp up. They take a good 20 mins or so in a hot oven but check em and turn them a couple times. Steak n celeriac chips for me at weekend ...oh yes!

I'm addicted to celeriac mash at the moment and have it most weekends... whisked up with the gadget to make soups smooth whose name escapes me... lovely and smooth. YUM!

have you tried it mashed with lots of pepper ?

One of my fave soups is celeriac and beetroot (had it for lunch in Harvey Nicks a few years back and been hooked ever since) but there is no way I can eat mashed up celeriac on its own, it makes me heave so I envy all of you that like it and can enjoy it freely.

Back