Oldtimer back for 2010

Professor

Guess whos back...
Ok, so "kind of" an introduction as sure theres many many new members since i was last here.

I was here in 2005-2007 (ish) and lost nearly 5st on Cambridge Diet, many of the long time regulars will know me.

I moved to New Zealand in 2007 and still here as we speak, although maybe returning to UK in 2011 for several years, so i probably be back soon.

Since moving to NZ, i stopped dieting but managed to remain pretty stable for a year, then it crept up on me, more and more. And sadly i am pretty much *bigger* than i was when i started CD all those years ago. :sigh:

So, firstly i getting to the point that a flight of stairs makes me feel like sitting down afterwards! And i feel about as healthy as a block of stone so i am back for more. My job is also very physical at times (climbing 100ft vertical ladders etc) and i already struggle which isnt fair on workmates.

Getting hold of Cambridge Diet in NZ, is a right royal pain in A*** involving shipments from OZ and minimiun orders of very large amounts! So i am going with a very very similar VLCD called "optifast" as its available over the counter in chemists with a monthy chat and checkup. Its pretty much same as the main VLCDs, 3-4 shakes a day contain all vits/minerals etc and then lots of water of course.

With the great support of this forum last time around, i did great and only faltered once i think in 4-5 months, so i am really hoping the support of being back here works again, especially as there is no weekly support groups or meetings down here for local backup, so technically i am on my own with you guys... :)

Being on a not well known VLCD i hope my posts get readers, the generic forum looks very quiet compared to the big CD ones etc, so please read and help me out..

Its good to be back (well sort of, if you get my drift)

/waves at old forum buddies! :p

Here, reading! Hope all goes well for you with your new diet :) I love the bracketed gender reference in your sig! xxx

Its midday here (tuesday). And yes today is "day one", i done this before but it was so long ago its a fresh start. Just started a diary in dairy section.

EDIT: For nz time, ADD 12hrs roughly (it varies from 11-13 depending time year)

Last edited:
Hiya and welcome back.....I certainly remember your name.......good old DQ and Minimins.......cant beat them for help and support.......good luck with your VLCD.......how does it taste ????

Back