Olives and salt and pepper

Mstempt

Hi all this is day 1 for me after months of looking around and posting the odd thread, please can soneone tell me what olives can you have and can you have salt and pepper, thank you.

Hello, it doesn't say specifically but I would say any olives, not stuffed though, and I always had the tinned ones in brine rather than oil.
Salt and pepper is fine.

I've just come back from shopping and all the olives in brine in jars have citric acid in, and so do gherkins, I'm confused lol.

And not too many olives- 200g of olives have LOADS of fat in them, just use a few at a time, and not in oil.

theres some olives you can buy in yellow and green sachets, come in 80g portions I think, they arent too oily, I think are in brine.
The thing is, acid may affect ketosis, oil wont -it will just affect weight loss. I see olives as a nice treat, and 200g is a huge amount, you wouldnt normally eat that many olives anyway.

pepper is great, I chuck it in all the meals esp the macaroni cheese -takes the edge off the cheesyness!
salt does affect water retention indeed, although Im not sure how the sachets work in way of recommended sodium intake? when I was doing LL I actually ended up with low blood pressure and was advised to increase my salt intake!

Ok thanks for that, I did LL last year, do u worry about not being checked and do u use the pee sticks lol, I worry that I'm not being checked but as someone pointed out its a lot of money just to get bp checked and have more support from u lot than I did there, also the water we drink is that fluid all day or 3L plus tea/ coffee etc.

all fluid consumed all day, including what you add to meals and shakes.

I don't use the pee sticks, they aren't necessary, the room in my clothes tells me I'm in ketosis!

What checks are you worried about not having? You can always go to the pharmacy for come checks (BP, heart rate, urine examination) if it would make you feel better?

I don't bother with sticks either

I don't feel the need to be checked every week and if I did I would want to be checked by a qualified individual. Pharmacys will often do health checks for you or u could make an appointment with your practise nurse

I used to get my bp checked at my pharmacy and it was free, LL said to do it every 6 weeks I think?
when my blood pressure was low though I was getting headrushes and feeling faint so if it went low again I would know it before it was checked. I found LL was super strict, the diet itself was more restricted, and all the checks we had to have, it seemed it was more to cover their backs.
I have some ketostix but they arent that necessary, you can feel the difference once youre in ketosis, I think my body is like yaaay this is good, and getting into it, its like oh here we go again..

If you worry about the health checks then get them. LL says to have a blood pressure check every 4 weeks. You can go to your oractice nurse or to a pharmacy and get this done off your own back. Most don't charge and if it gives you piece of mind then it is well worth doing.

I've just changed from 3 weeks on LL so I've not yet had my first check. I was planning to book an appointment with the nurse next week, and have a chat about the change to S&S to get her advice. I think as long as I'm feeling ok, it's not something to really worry about too much.

I went for checks throughout because I was on LL as well as SnS. To be honest I don't think the health check makes any difference. However, I have type 2 diabetes and I had my check with my diabetic nurse so it was a really good chance for us to talk about my health as a whole.

Back