Omg.. Am i gonna regret this??

nettie

Gold Member
Hi everyone!
In a moment of madness I have just downloaded a running app! Apparently I will be able to run 10k in 14 weeks.... I currently do not do any exercise at all!! I do not own any sporty clothes so best go shopping. January is always a tight month money wise so may have to wait til the end of the month but gonna give it my best shot... Wish me luck!! Lol xx

Hi everyone!
In a moment of madness I have just downloaded a running app! Apparently I will be able to run 10k in 14 weeks.... I currently do not do any exercise at all!! I do not own any sporty clothes so best go shopping. January is always a tight month money wise so may have to wait til the end of the month but gonna give it my best shot... Wish me luck!! Lol xx

Good luck.. I was in the same boat in August last year
I had broken my ankle quite badly in sep 2011 and finally thought I need to be more active
I downloaded the couch 2 5k app. And completed the 9 weeks, ok I run very slowly and by week 9 I was only actually running just under 4k but I was actually running for 30 mins and I loved it.. Like everything come December I slipped off the exercise wagon, but I am going to restart this next week and I have set myself a goal to be able to run 5k in 30 mins, I would then love to complete a proper 5k run.

I hope you get the same enjoyment out of it that I did.. I did get a bit obsessive and I now have songs that mind me of running Hahaha x

thank you... going to look for some running clothes online.... what does a fat person wear for running?! lol x

I just wore jogging pants and either a vest top or t-shirt but I do it in the gym so I am indoors... The most important thing is that you have good footwear x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I cant believe I am going to do this! I dont even know where I am going to go, I live right near a main road, there are lots of side streets but alot of them are dead ends. I live near a cemetry but I wont be going in there lol. I think I'll be too self conscious running on a main road, walking is fine but running... crikey there will be earth quakes reported! lol x

Hi everyone!

Best of luck to you!

Step one... just bought a sports bra! lol
Step two... looking for jogging pants and a top, gonna get a hooded jacket too i think
Steo three... need some good trainers......... can anyone suggest any?

Hi everyone!

Woo hoo way to go Hun that's amazing :)
Asda at the moment have some lovely sports gear in at the moment and it's not a bad price, I was tempted to grab a few things myself but money is tight at the mo so I had to resist lol xxxx

If you can get to a running shop or sports shop with a machine in which you run on then go there, as they will tell you what trainers you need (either neutral or... the other one) if they're too expensive there you can then go onto somewhere like sports direct where they'll be cheaper but you'll know which ones you need for your running style.

Go for it with the running, I started in September and I love it :)

My OH's step dad has given me lots and I mean lots of info about running trainers today as he is very keen on running himself, he has told me which shop to go to get them from and given me a full run down on his own trainers lol. I have never even owned a sports bra before! I am also thinking of going to badminton once a week as it is something me and my OH can do together, we can get a baby sitter for a few hours a week.
Can't wait to buy my new clothes now but like I said it might have to wait til payday.... Hate getting paid early in December!!
Thanks so much for the encouragement everyone xx

I have just decided to do the couch to 5k. Ive been out the gym 4 months because of glandular fever, but as of monday Im going to pretend Im not ill and make myself go. Good luck! could you use your 5 mins brisk walk warm up to get to somewhere more appropriate/less intimidating to run?

I love my sports bra, I have a shock absorber, I have fairly large boobies :) but they don't move an inch when I have it on, it's ace.. I went to a local store an they checked how I ran, I then bought my asics off amazon as they were much cheaper... So comfy x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have just decided to do the couch to 5k. Ive been out the gym 4 months because of glandular fever, but as of monday Im going to pretend Im not ill and make myself go. Good luck! could you use your 5 mins brisk walk warm up to get to somewhere more appropriate/less intimidating to run?

I was thinking that, there is a children's play park not far away, more than 5 minutes but I could get there in about 10 minutes i think, then I could use the park as my running place. The only thing that puts me off is the dark nights. I may stick to the main streets until the nights get lighter and I'll just have to deal with it, I am worried about comments from people passing by and there are always people outside the pubs on the main road. I just need to stop caring about what other people think of me lol x

Not sure if you have a shop called sweatshop near you, they are fab. They will measure shoes out according to your running style. They will test this out on a treadmilll in the shop.

Yeah thats the shop my FIL was telling me about but he said he paid £100 for his but I am only a size 4 and he said they do kids running shoes so I could fit into them which may be about £50 x

Back