OMG!!. Bacon and Eggs!!.

Shangri-la

This morning was sooooooooooooooo hard. It was my son's 6th birthday and I always do breakfast in bed for the kids on their birthday's. My son, however, hates cereal so I had to fry sausages, bacon, eggs and white pudding at 7am before he wakes up and to put his candle in a fresh apple and cinnamon muffin!!!!!.

Now, even though, I cook every day and have faced the family having takeaways, I was literally drooling this morning. I still have to face his birthday cake on Saturday. I will just go and get chicken and stirfry veg at chinese and have this while everyone is eating and then have my dark choc truffa bar when everyone has cake.

Cake is my downfall!!. I would never touch sweets or ice-cream but I could eat the entire contents of a bakery including all the bread, lol!!

Anyway, im on day 9 and have lost 8lbsin week one and have not yet cheated and don't intend to as i expect to be called for a medical in august for my nursing degree which starts in September. I will not be overweight for my training. I want to be fit and healthy and I also don't want diabetes permanantly which i am at risk for due to have diabeted 4 times during each of my pregnancies.!!!

Next week, i have an appointment with a clinical psychologist. Don't know if it will be any use as I don't really believe they can tell me anything that i don't know about having binge eating disorder. I get the service free on my medical card so have nothing to lose really so ill give it a lash.

Losing the weight is the easy part, it's keeping it off and not reverting to bingeing again when i stop the diet is my issue at present!!!!

Well done in resisting, I feel your pain! I'd ordered a handmade birthday cake for my eldest daughter and she had a party thing with family with sandwiches, crisps, cakes, everything and I resisted too! Life is full of temptations! I'm of to Disneyland Paris on Monday and I'm taking shakes with me, I'm not straying from this when I've come so far. I'm also taking them to Wales when we go later this year!

Keep being strong and don't let what you want 'now' sabotage what you truly want. X

1stone 10lb lighter in 6 weeks :)

Well done in resisting, I feel your pain! I'd ordered a handmade birthday cake for my eldest daughter and she had a party thing with family with sandwiches, crisps, cakes, everything and I resisted too! Life is full of temptations! I'm of to Disneyland Paris on Monday and I'm taking shakes with me, I'm not straying from this when I've come so far. I'm also taking them to Wales when we go later this year!

Keep being strong and don't let what you want 'now' sabotage what you truly want. X

1stone 10lb lighter in 6 weeks :)

So true, kellmo. Have a fab time in Disneyland and well done on your determination. I think it's a great feeling to be in 'the zone'. I just keep imagining that the weight that I want to be is within reach if i really want it.

It really is about feeling happier and healthy. Enjoy your hols!!

Just think when you got to get fitted for your student nurse uniform that's what kept me going before I started my course! X

Just think when you got to get fitted for your student nurse uniform that's what kept me going before I started my course! X

LMAO, that's is exactly what i have been using for my motivation. All i keep thinking is that I will be morto if I have to stand with skinny 17 year olds as a frumpy 36 year old bursting out of my uniform!!!

Nooooooooooooo way,its not happening, lol. Thanks for that Clareel. How is the course going??

LMAO, that's is exactly what i have been using for my motivation. All i keep thinking is that I will be morto if I have to stand with skinny 17 year olds as a frumpy 36 year old bursting out of my uniform!!!

Nooooooooooooo way,its not happening, lol. Thanks for that Clareel. How is the course going??

Exactly, you will be a sexy student nurse not a frumpy one! Course is going great, Just finished lectures today - just 1 6 week placement to go and I'm done for first year I can't quite believe it, it's flown!

X

Exactly, you will be a sexy student nurse not a frumpy one! Course is going great, Just finished lectures today - just 1 6 week placement to go and I'm done for first year I can't quite believe it, it's flown!

X

Ha, ha, i dont know about the sexy part clareel!!. I sometimes think that ship has sailed but I will settle for skinnier definetely. I am so nervous about the course re the placements and coursework etc and so excited at the same time. I have a degree from before but this will entail so much more with combining living away from home and only seeing my four kids once a week for the next three years of the course but Ive made my mind up and I am doing this not only for me but to help my long suffering hubby, lol. He has been the only one with income coming into house for the past 2 years!!. Nursing is my dream and will in turn bring in much needed income at home!!

You'll be fine with the coursework exams etc the tutors are really helpful and there will probably be quite a few mature students so you wont be by yourself. Sexy is a state of mind, if you feel good then looking good will follow :)

It will be tough being away from your kids and hubby but just think how proud they will all be when they come up to see your graduation and when you get your first job they'll all be like "my mum is a nurse".

Just think of the better future you will all have once you're qualified even though it will be tough for 3 years it will be so worth it!

You'll be fine with the coursework exams etc the tutors are really helpful and there will probably be quite a few mature students so you wont be by yourself. Sexy is a state of mind, if you feel good then looking good will follow :)

It will be tough being away from your kids and hubby but just think how proud they will all be when they come up to see your graduation and when you get your first job they'll all be like "my mum is a nurse".

Just think of the better future you will all have once you're qualified even though it will be tough for 3 years it will be so worth it!

OMG, Clareel, thank you so much for your advice. You really have cemented my decision for me. I was panicing so much about kids, finances etc etc but you know what?. It will all be so worth it. If i have to sacrifice certain things in order to have the profession of my dreams for the next three years and also give my family some regular stability, than that is what i will do!!

Thank you so much for your encouragement and information and advice on the course!!!

Back