Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

OMG!!! (food mentioned!)

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by alipally, 2 August 2009 Social URL.

1. alipally

alipally Serial Dieter!

Start Weight:
    118.3kg
    Current Weight:
    113.7kg
    Goal Weight:
    80kg
    Lost(%):
    4.6kg(3.87%)
    Diet:
    Optifast/cambridge
    No I'm not eating it, although I'd forgotten how fabulous they smell!!!

Because I'm going away for a few days, I needed to make something for my son to take to work for lunches, as he just won't make sandwiches himself and I know that he doesn't have the money to go buying stuff for lunch everyday.....

I've been baking cakes for him since day one, and not once have I even been tempted by them....
    So, I've made Cornish pasties.... Everything from scratch, pastry, chopped sirloin steak, swede, onion... lots and lots of pepper!

It's been 25 years since I last made them, and they smell absolutely devine! They look heavenly too.

But I know that they're the work of the devil..:eek: (me???)...
    So they're on the cooling rack filling the house full of the most beautiful aroma, it reminds me of choughs bakery... holidays in Cornwall and lunch on the beach, fighting off the gulls!! I should have bought him a couple of Ginsters it would've been easier on my Psyche!!!
    Still not eating them... I'm posting on here instead and now the moment has passed... I won't be making them again until I'm well and truly done with dieting!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. vitzy82

vitzy82 Full Member

they sound good hun! good on you for not being tempted. i think all this resisting food is a good lesson to learn when back off the plan as if we can resist them now then we can in future. well done!

4. alipally

alipally Serial Dieter!

Start Weight:
    118.3kg
    Current Weight:
    113.7kg
    Goal Weight:
    80kg
    Lost(%):
    4.6kg(3.87%)
    Diet:
    Optifast/cambridge
    it's not resisting, for me, it has to be CHOOSING!

If I feel like I'm denying myself anything I find that I want it more and more until it overcomes me....

So I'm choosing not to eat this particular batch, because they are meant for my son, and I don't need one at the moment....

I had to take the 'time out' strategy first though and tell myself that if I still really wanted one in 30 minutes then I'd have one.
    Like most things, I find, I can talk myself out of a mad impulse in 30 minutes... (usually only takes 5mins, but I give myself 30 just to be safe)

5. enlightenme2

enlightenme2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    273lb
    Current Weight:
    262lb
    Goal Weight:
    175lb
    Lost(%):
    11lb(4.03%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Wow, you're lucky, for me once it's on my mind... it's ON MY MIND... go figure!

6. BubblyPenguin

BubblyPenguin Recovering Foodaholic

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Sirloin in a pasty! Crumbs, m'dear you want a nice bit of skirt! Far cheaper and better for your pasty, take it from a Cornish girl ;)

Well done for resisting, especially as a good pasty is what I've been craving all along! It's killing me! Reckon at this rate, I'll be having one for Christmas dinner instead of Turkey!! x

7. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

It is ALL about choice, and you are doing fantastically :0clapper: :cool:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.