OMG! I'm morbidly obese

I have just joined this forum after hitting 17 stone and deciding that has to be the line.

Reading some posts with BMI targets, I thought I would update mine. It's 41 - which is now in the morbidly obese range. I am in shock.:eek:

Looked this up - it's 10 years off my life. That's horrifying. Feel really bad that I've let it get this far.

On the plus side - it may be the best motivation I have ever had. I might change my targets to be based on BMI instead.

Good luck on your weight loss Hun!

I'm sure you'll do fab! And there is always great support on this site!
What diet are you going to follow? Xx

Thanks Sam. I'm trying to diet based on what I know works for me - mainly calorie counting and light exercise. My main problem is sticking to it - so I'm going to keep adding things every week or two, rather than going all out for the 1st 2 weeks and then giving up. I'm starting off with making sure I eat a good breakfast and lunch, and get in some walking every day. I'll up that next week.

I find proper low carb and strict meal plans don't work for me so I'm trying to be relaxed, eating healthy food with small portions of anything with lots of cals.

This forum seems great so I hope it'll help me stick to it over the next months.

You might be right, regarding the "rude wake-up call". However, you have already done the most important step, you are not in denial regarding your weight and health. You are tackling the issue and I am sure you'll be successful xx

Good luck, you can definitely do it! My BMI was 46 when I started, and it's now below 28 (8.5 stone loss), and I know everyone says it, but if I can do it, you can be assured that anyone can, lol. Have you come across the sub-forum that calls itself the WEMITTS? It's for people with a lot to lose (stands for We Mean It This Time), it's under Slimming Clubs, and there's a very active, very supportive group of people on there, with lots of diaries, challenges etc. Apologies if you've already found it, lol. :) xx

TracyGWill said:
Good luck, you can definitely do it! My BMI was 46 when I started, and it's now below 28 (8.5 stone loss), and I know everyone says it, but if I can do it, you can be assured that anyone can, lol. Have you come across the sub-forum that calls itself the WEMITTS? It's for people with a lot to lose (stands for We Mean It This Time), it's under Slimming Clubs, and there's a very active, very supportive group of people on there, with lots of diaries, challenges etc. Apologies if you've already found it, lol. :) xx

Lol, just seen you've joined Team 50 over there, so as you were. ;) They're a great bunch, I've been on that part of the forum for a year or so and this is the most active I've seen it. :) xx

WEMITTS? It's for people with a lot to lose (stands for We Mean It This Time), it's under Slimming Clubs, and there's a very active, very supportive group of people on there, with lots of diaries, challenges etc.

I wondered what that meant! Thanks. Def WEMITTS, had enough of this yo-yo-ing lark, I'm 41 and don't need to be fat as well as old(er)!!!!

ButtonsTheSuperCat said:
I wondered what that meant! Thanks. Def WEMITTS, had enough of this yo-yo-ing lark, I'm 41 and don't need to be fat as well as old(er)!!!!

Lol, you're a mere child, hon, I've got 10 years on you. ;) xx

ButtonsTheSuperCat said:
If I do as well as you honey, I'll be dead proud :) you are an inspiration Tracey!

Oh thank you so much, that's made my day! I'm sure you'll do fantastically, being on this forum is a great help, it's certainly helped keep me motivated. :) xx

Back