OMG ive just made the best meal EVER !!!

sukie sue

this is My time to shine!
thought this could be a cool thread when youre super impressed with youre cullinary efforts (saves boredome he !!)
so tonight i have made the daddy of meals so far on atkins , simple but STUNNIN !!!!
it was pepper encrusted fillet steak , pan fried in butter on a bed of celariac and swede mash , drizzled with a sauteed mushroom jus :D(trying to sound posh ere :D)
so again took pic :)Dlooks no where near as good as it tasted !!)

Looks good to me! I am yet to taste celeriac.

its sooo nice mashed together with the turnip /swede , added some butter and cream with salt and pepper. ive now had celeriac mashed , chips and roasted , all have been fabulous x

I just cooked mushroom soup. serves 4, I eat the lot! DOH!!
How many carbs in 250g of mushrooms?

Woofy X

Am I the only one that doesn't like celeriac then? You'll have to try it TT and see if you like it. Tasted too much like celery for my liking!

I made a yummy dinner but have eaten it so can't take a picture!! It was chargrilled salmon on a bed of wilted spinach, pan fried pak choi and courgette (cooked in butter). Will take a picture next time!

I just cooked mushroom soup. serves 4, I eat the lot! DOH!!
How many carbs in 250g of mushrooms?

Woofy X
according to my little 'bible' the collins gem carb counter they are 0.2 per 40g raw but no carbs when you deduct the fibre , so even without deducting the fibre youre only looking at 1.25 grammes ( i think :D)

lol i just used my book hun xx just looked at a pack too 0.3 grammes per 100 grammes so even lower gusee they have deducted the fibre

So its an OK dish? COOOOOL!!
Thanks for that, chick!

Sexy picture, babes. Liking it!!

Woofy X

well didnt want to give the impression of being a total party girl thee hee:0)

And there was I getting all the credit for the lush dinner.. DOH!! Busted!!

Woofy X

If you click on the photo it gives you a much enlarged one, looked fabulous to me.

sorry ss i called you woof lol
s ok hunnie , ive been called worse , plus our woofs a looker so its not all bad :) ... altough im not quite as naughty as woofie :-0

LOL, nobody is as naughty as our woofy Sukie. :)

oh it was jim cant beleive just how good the mash was , so impressed with my little self:eek:. this forum is the BEST !!! my last time on atkins , although successfull was made up of steak , creamy mushrooms and bacon and eggs :)
im eating nicer things every day x thanks all xxx

Are all of the gorgeous sounding dishes in the recipe section then? Never had celeriac myself, a bit worried actually as I'm not a fan of vegetables. I hate cauliflower normally but am going to have to try cauli mash (least I can add cheese!) and cauli rice. Mind you I used to hate cabbage but smothered in butter and seasoned well it's actually nice :)

Back