• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

OMG Loving the mousses!!!

When I first tried the mousse I hated it because I used too little water and it tasted like silicone, and the second time I used too much water and it looked and tasted like diluted baby food. Well last night for "dinner" I got it just right and it was absolutely delicious! Took my time savouring it and I'll be having it for dinner tonight as well! I used vanilla and it was luscious, like a NY vanilla cheesecake without the crust! I'll have to get some chocolate packs from my CDC as I'm sure it'll be gorgeous in that flavour! YAY!!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
you can only have one a day unfortunately. You add a level scoop (that comes with the mousse mix) to your shake, add cold water, blitz and refrigerate for 10 minutes then you have a lovely mousse!

trisha

likes to post
is it like the texture of mousses you can buy? whenever I've tried to make it, it ends up like a jelly/silicone and didn't taste very nice

Last edited:
That's exactly what they were like when I started making them. I think the secret is adding just enough water, not too much not too little, I think about a cup. Make sure the water is ice cold and blitz with a hand blender. I think blending it makes it a lot smoother and lighter, more "moussey" lol.

efk

The choc mint one is gorgeous! I think I may try splitting them tomorrow. I was thinking half toffee and walnut, half chocolate.

Does anyone find this affect their weightloss or ketosis? I want to try it but I think Im one of those sensitive people who is affected by anything thats not a sachet!

I love the mousses and especially choc mint.

I make mine this way

Put 150mls water in freezer for 10/15 mins until ice crystals start to form.

Add 1 level scoop of the mix-a-mousse to a shake sachet and shake together then add to the iced water.

Blend for 2/3 mins pour into a bowl and pop back into the freezer for approx 10/15 mins.

This way never fails me. Comes out just like Angel delight.

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
The mousses are lovely, and you really feel like you've had something to eat. I find blending is essential, to make it nice and foamy.

(Warning - do NOT make mousse with a Tetra Brik, I tried it the other day and it was very weird indeed. That's a creative impulse that I soon stamped on, lol. :D)

goolian

Fab & Fit For Florida
yeah best results, stick it in freezer rather than the fridge :)

i'm gonna make one with my half pack of toffee & walnut, i am guessing if it's half a pack, then i use half the mousse scoop and half the water???

melissa85

Silver Member
i cant get enough of the butterscotch made in to a mousse tastes devine xx