Omg made sw chips for first time...........

JBJLOVER

They were delicious, made them exactly to recipe as in size, boiled and baked.......blooming gorgeous, crispy and slimming lol :)

Slash69 said:
how does everyone do them,mine are mostly still hard or burnt...

I buy the marabel potatoes as they already have a soft rich texture and I don't need to boil them first, I basically cut them into my desired shapes ie wedges, little cubes thick chips or thin chips, then I spray fry light into a bowl sprinkle into the bowl my desired spice respray with fry light and then mix the fry light and spice with a fork so that its blended well ( I find if I sprinkle spices straight onto the chips the spices burn before the chips are cooked) I then toss the chips round in the bowl so that they are evenly coated spray a baking tray with fry light and then bake in the middle of the oven for about 25-30 mins on about 200, perfect tasty chips every time.

I just made them to epic fail first time but this time amazing oh was gutted he had normal chips. I didn't par boil them either and didn't take long to cook either

My other half loves sw chips when I do them like I do as mixing the fry light and seasoning together then tossing chips in them makes them go lovely and golden.

I just did as recipe said, cut into 1cm chips, added to boiling water for 3 mins, drained then shook in pan with lid on. Straight onto baking tray and sprayed with fry lite, cooked on top shelf gas 9, turned after 15 mins cooked in 30 mins.........tesco baking potatoes I used :)

image.jpg

Here are mine just out the oven - yum yum - happy days.

i chop into chips spray the tray lay on chips so none touch each other spray frylite again a grind of salt and pepper and cook in a hot oven.

i had the girls over for lunch the other day we had egg and sw chips i had 3 blooming trays of my sw chips in the oven to feed all 5 of us we had egg n chips (i had green beans with mine) and egg n chips for 5 of us (2 eggs each) cost less than £3 too

Back