• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

OMG my galette

Kim&Leah

Silver Member
died.
It ended up being several lumps in the pan, with half the mixture stuck to the pan :mad: Can you use fry light to oil it a bit?
I ate what I could of it but i've had 3 slices of turkey aswell is that ok?
It's the turkey slices from asda are we allowed that??

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Kim&Leah

Silver Member
and 8 crab sticks now

Am new to this but here's my advice - my first gallette was a nightmare too so I did it on a very low heat next time and left it until it was set and brown on one side and then it flipped much easier. I use 1 or 2 sprays frylight then wipe with kitchen towel and that works.

Hope that helps! x

lol that happened to my first 3! cook it slower.
ive not had one for ages tho i loved on to dukan bread and love it.
the porrige is also nice and taste better with a tiny sprinkle of highlight choc powder chucked in.

Kim&Leah

Silver Member
Thank you lol.. I will try again in the morning. I didnt even put it on a plate, just ate what I could of it from the pan with the spatula haha

Kim&Leah

Silver Member
This is what my galette left :8855: :8855:

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
Sounds a bit like my first galette! I actually shed a few tears (don't tell anyone) cos the thought of having to eat such a disgusting thing for the rest of my life upset me!!

It went up from there and now I couldn't be without my muffins!

My first one was rubbish too, now they are so yummy supposing I never did the diet again, these would be a regular in my house. I think my pan is a bit big and is loosing a bit of its non stick so need a new one, but when you get them right they are really yummy. I 'think' you can do them in the oven too, on a baking sheet covered in grease proof paper, put the mixture on and put it into a round shape and bake it. I havent tried it that way but I might

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
Yes I've done the baking sheet in the oven way... useful when using the galette as a base, say, for a "lemon meringue pie" (Dukan style!)... (once galette cooked and cooled, add lemon yoghurt, cool in coldest part of fridge for a few hours; make some blobs of Dukan "meringue" made with egg whites and powdered sweetener)...

get a really good non stick pan.
Pour in the mixture, cook on very low setting for ageeeess. Sometimes i leave mine 15 minutes until it starts to come away easily at the edges and the top should not be too sticky. then peel it off with the help of a spatula. IF its sticking a lot. Leave it for another couple of minutes!

Who mentioned coffee muffins???

I give up. never attempting them again lol

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
Right... over to muffins then!!