Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

omg...new clothes

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Toola-Roola, 7 September 2010 Social URL.

1. Toola-Roola

Toola-Roola Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1.1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I found my size 14 next trousers after they'd disappeared in my wardrobe for the last month. I had a course to attend so needed to wear them as they are the only black pair I own.

Put them on and they looked like clown trousers, baggy and falling off me. Hot footed it to next and tried on a size 12 and they fitted me!

I've not been a size 12 for about 10 years! I even went to Tesco and tried on a size 12 to check if it was real and they fitted too.

Haven't tried on skirts, dresses or tops yet but I feel a shopping spree coming on!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. emma-louise

emma-louise Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    yayyy!! go you! :D its such a nice feeling isnt it! enjoy your shopping spree, but dont go too mad - you need some money left for when youre buying your size 10s ;) xx

4. Toola-Roola

Toola-Roola Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1.1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Haha, size 10! I'm not sure if I've ever been that size!

My wardrobe is such a random mix, size 12 to size 18, it needs a good sort out.

Popping out of my 16s and slowly moving into 18s at the begining of the year, I never imagined buying 12s

5. emma-louise

emma-louise Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hehe ive NEVER been size 10!! one can dream i suppose ;) you've done so well to get from 18s to 12s so quick hun im very jealous!! ive lost 2st and im still waiting to properly go down a dress size! can i ask what weight you were roughly when you got into 14s? xx

6. shell_y

shell_y Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(12.91%)
    Diet:
    SW
  7. Caramelle

Caramelle Full Member

Wow babe, that's fantastic! What a great feeling!!!!!!
    Congrats to you. And definitely a shopping spree is in order I think!!!

Lots of love, Caramelle X X X

8. Toola-Roola

Toola-Roola Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1.1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think I was just about 12st when I actually was brave enough to try a 14. So I had to lose 2 stone to go down a size properly, my 16s still fitted but were loose.

I only had 2 pairs of trousers in a 14 and I did buy a pair of jeans (skinny ones too, could never get them up over my calves before!) this weekend but other than that I carried on wearing the 16s as in my head I wasn't a smaller size, even though my body was if that makes sense.

I dont think I am a 12 all over as I tried a fitted dress in a 12 and couldnt get it over my head! But I must be a comfortable 14 now as every 14 I have tried fits with no problem.

Lula x

9. JAM21

JAM21 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(10.83%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done you - it's a lovely feeling isn't it! I'm getting ready for a UK holiday and have been sorting out clothes for it (to cover all weather situations!!). Anyway, I now have two large bags of clothes for charity as they are all far too big - will have to have some retail therapy on holiday to replace them. Oh well......needs must!

10. mandy296

mandy296 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(23.89%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Its getting a bit expensive all this losing weight! Luckily I have a Matalan right next to work - had to go out and buy some new work clothes last week as my size 16 trousers were falling off - took 14s and 12s into the changing room and walked out with 2 pairs of size 12 trousers and 3 size 12 tops! (and as the trousers were £6 each and the tops were £4 each I'm not too bothered if I have to go back in a few months to buy some size 10s!)

You can see from my stats what weight I started at and what I'm at now (though I need to update my stats for the 1/2 I put on after last nights WI:(). It took a while for me to notice the drop in clothes sizes, - but after starting this in February in 16-18 clothes, I'm now looking at 12-14 sizes depending on the shop. They do say that for a stone loss you drop a dress size - I havent found that my dress size drops have followed that pattern exactly, but its not been far off.

If they existed - I think that on average across the different sizes in different shops I would actually be a size 13 at the moment!

11. shell_y

shell_y Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(12.91%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Going in that. End up a size 8 :eek:. I guess that's ok being short though. We will see it lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.