omg totally in love with this meal

gemma_

Silver Member
chip egg pepper bake?!?

any1 tried it i found it in student section in slimming world thought id try it not thinking too much and omg its gorgeous! i did use couple syns on tomato sauce but the meal itself is free and delicious

Just checked that out there, and it looks brilliant! :D

I remember seeing groups of youngsters in restaurants in Spain getting big platters of chips with eggs through it, and thinking it looked amazing. Now I can have the same on SW and it's free!

Thanks a lot for posting ;)

Just checked that out there, and it looks brilliant! :D

I remember seeing groups of youngsters in restaurants in Spain getting big platters of chips with eggs through it, and thinking it looked amazing. Now I can have the same on SW and it's free!

Thanks a lot for posting ;)

it really is gorgeous and free on green/ee :) im a really picky eater usually aswell and its really filling i was planning on having muller lite for pudding but im so full i cant eat it!

i springled black pepper on top for extra flavouring :) yummy

For those with no access to site:

Serves: 4
Syns per serving:
Free on Extra Easy and Green

ingrediants
1kg/2lb 4oz Desiree potatoes
Fry Light for spraying
1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
4 large eggs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
To garnish
Chopped parsley

method
1. Preheat the oven to 240ºC/Gas 9. Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1cm/½ in thick, long chips. Place in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes. Drain carefully and spread out on kitchen paper
to dry.
2. Place the chips in a shallow medium-sized ovenproof dish or four individual gratin dishes. Spray with Fry Light and bake for 10 minutes. Mix the pepper slices together and add to the potatoes and continue to bake for another 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Remove the dish or dishes from the oven and make four wells in the chip mixture. Break an egg into each well and return to the oven for 5-6 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve hot, seasoned and sprinkled with chopped parsley

That sound fab Gemma!
Good find and as im doing a few green days this week i will defo give it a try!

That sound fab Gemma!
Good find and as im doing a few green days this week i will defo give it a try!

I'm also doing a week of green! so was looking for different foods. im 2nd day in and tried 2 new things i never tried anything really 'different' on EE so i think even when i go back to partly EE i'll me more aware of it and cook different things, i even had mushy pea curry last night, however without meat it didnt really get on great with me! was nice though! im having quorn sausage mash and peas later too :) x

That sounds really nice.I will be trying that,thanks for listing the recipe.:)

its going to be my cheap meal.. only really need 2 potato's 3 eggs and 2 peppers about £3!

For those with no access to site:

Serves: 4
Syns per serving:
Free on Extra Easy and Green

ingrediants
1kg/2lb 4oz Desiree potatoes
Fry Light for spraying
1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
4 large eggs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
To garnish
Chopped parsley

method
1. Preheat the oven to 240ºC/Gas 9. Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1cm/½ in thick, long chips. Place in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes. Drain carefully and spread out on kitchen paper
to dry.
2. Place the chips in a shallow medium-sized ovenproof dish or four individual gratin dishes. Spray with Fry Light and bake for 10 minutes. Mix the pepper slices together and add to the potatoes and continue to bake for another 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Remove the dish or dishes from the oven and make four wells in the chip mixture. Break an egg into each well and return to the oven for 5-6 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve hot, seasoned and sprinkled with chopped parsley

That does sound lush! I will be giving that a go tonight :)

I keep looking at that in the Free Foods book! It looks really lush :D I haven't given in to it yet, as I'd be tempted to make the amount for 4 and eat it all to myself, lol! Possibly not the idea of free foods, lol! ;) Think it might be something to try over the next couple of weeks :) xx

Im the opposite - hate it when its mixed in!

the white does kinda mold to the chips but i thought was goreous that way... also egg yolky thing goes quite hard so easy enough to pick out if not 100% keen on it... but if you dont like it at all do it a way you like it :)

I've just added my eggs to it! 5 mins to go!

I've only made it tonight cos of this thread. Did plan to have stir fry! :)

Done! It was nice! The yolks were still a little bit runny, and the whole thing was delicious! I did share with my hubby but we had 2 eggs each :D I did add ketchup at the end, was good! Hubby said we could have it again! Ha ha!

The peppers seemed to be a bit out of place though. I think next time I will use sliced mushrooms, tomatos and quorn sausage, have it as a baked fry up! Nyom!

Done! It was nice! The yolks were still a little bit runny, and the whole thing was delicious! I did share with my hubby but we had 2 eggs each :D I did add ketchup at the end, was good! Hubby said we could have it again! Ha ha!

The peppers seemed to be a bit out of place though. I think next time I will use sliced mushrooms, tomatos and quorn sausage, have it as a baked fry up! Nyom!
i was thinknig just having egg and chip bake as quick lunch as ithought peppers wernt needed think its because all sw meals contain tht 1/3 superfree .... t leaving eggs in lil longer as mine were hard.. but id prefer mine running tbh LOL....

glad you liked it was a lil worried then i ruined your tea ideas LOL... baked fry up sounds yummy

I wish I had an oven, that recipe sounds amazing!! :) xx

Back