OMG!!!!!

cheekychick81

Gold Member
How much better does the strawberry shake taste with loads of ice!! i was gonna not get any tomorrow but i thought id give it one more try!! its almost.... Nice!! .... :)

Ha, I think same with the chocolate. I've only managed the strawberry as a mousse holding my nose and washed down quickly with water. Will brave it with ice for brekkie.

More water than is recommended makes it better I find.

Good luck for tomorrow!!!

More water than is recommended makes it better I find.

Good luck for tomorrow!!![/QUOTE]

definately, i make mine up to nearly a litre now, takes longer to drink but doesnt taste as bad and gets some extra water in:)

Hi tried it with crushed ice as well, it was nice. I haven't had a problem with any of the shakes, but it has only been three days. I did make a strawberry mousse and froze it on the first day, did the same with the other two also. Had the strawberry ice today and it wasn't bad at all - a cross between frozen smoothy and yoghurt. Don't know if it affects the nutrients in any way though. I must admit my favourite is the hot chocolate. I can't drink my tea black and don't like coffee so it's a great alternative for when my hands are frozen. I can't drink the soup as it gives me a reaction so getting something warm in is nice now and again.
Doirin

I've been having loads of crushed ice on my shakes..makes them last a bit longer and nice & frothy...if i close my eyes they almost take like a McDonalds milkshake lol

Doirin, I've read somewhere that you can drink peppermint tea as an alternative to black tea. But no fruit teas!

Is this right anyone? Might improve my dog breath also heh heh!

LOL dog breath, mine too and its only hubby who tells me everyone else must be polite, I feel ashamed in work. 'Well stuff them if iv'e got to struggle they can put up with dog breath'. I don't like fruit teas anyway, but I believe you can't have them, but you can have peppermint tea, I believe people add it to the choccy shake and enjoy it. Im sure someone with a better knowledge will be along soon to answer. xx:)

Hi Andsome,
Yeah you can have peppermint teas and green teas according to my chemist. Any tea once it is a leaf and not a flower is admissible. Someone else gave the idea of making strong peppermint tea, letting it go cold and using it to make up the chocolate shake into a mint chocolate. I wonder how it would taste hot. I haven't tried peppermint tea yet, never did the herbal tea thing much but hoping once my tastes have changed I may give it a try, especially if I begin to get bored as the flavours are so limited.
Doirin

ooooh! peppermint chocolate! what delicious idea.

Will try that. Cheers

I did make a strawberry mousse and froze it on the first day
Hi Doirin, I was told you couldn't freeze the shakes as they're meant to be taken within 15minutes of making them up- if you freeze them you won't take them within that time frame and not get the nutrients you need? Just thought I'd let you know?
I don't like the shakes any other way except with lots of crushed ice- and chocolate is definately my favourite! I use as little water as I can as I find it dilutes the taste too much, then add loads of crushed ice. I usually split my shakes and this gives me about a pint-sized shake each time? I drink loads of 'extra' water so I'm not worried about taking in enough fluids.

Glad you are enjoying your shakes, anything you can do to make them more palatable as you will be on them for a little while!

Thick question coming!! Do u buy the ice already crushed from the supermarket? Do you put the crushed ice into hand blender with the shake powder??? (Cant u tell Im no Jamie Oliver??)

6lbs again Liz, how fantastic is that.........a whopping 18lbs and to think you didn't think you could do it!! Brilliant, keep going.

Why do your stats at the side show 17lbs lost? Claim that extra pound quick. You deserve it.

M

Thick question coming!! Do u buy the ice already crushed from the supermarket? Do you put the crushed ice into hand blender with the shake powder??? (Cant u tell Im no Jamie Oliver??)
Well, I'm no expert either, but I put in the water, add the powder, add ice cubes and blend until the ice is crushed. But you could use ready-crushed ice?

Back