• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

On a mission to lose 6 stone in a year

craftermary

Gold Member
S: 11st2lb C: 9st2lb BMI: 22.7 Loss: 2st0lb(17.95%)
My son has always said you should have at least a months worth of food in just in case.
So in January he mentioned about getting food in so I have been taking advantage of the offers on rice,toilet roll etc and glad I did. It's mayhem out there but it will calm down now stores are able to stock their shelves again and limiting how much each customer can have.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Miss Scarlett Blue

S: 21st11lb C: 19st12.5lb G: 11st10lb BMI: 44.9 Loss: 1st12.5lb(8.69%)
I hope it does soon calm down.

Saw my parents today. This is likely to be the last time for several weeks. They will be self isolating from tomorrow for as long as is needed. They’ve pretty much been doing this anyway. I’m also going to stay at home as far as possible. we’ve hardly been out since Covid-19 has been around apart from shopping & a meal out on my partner’s birthday, but it’s definitely time now to cut back further and do this properly.

One article I read online listed some of the underlying health conditions which are considered an additional risk. Having a BMI over 40 was one of them. This has just made me even more resolute that I am going to get to a healthier weight. The weight I’ve lost so far can only be good for me, but I need to lose more.

Today’s food:
B - yogurt and fruit
L - a whole meal roll, lighter than light mayo (1/2 syn), turkey breast slices, salad
Afternoon snack - a small piece of coffee cake, which my mum has made and brought with her. she’d based it on a recipe she’d been given at 12 syns for a small piece
D - chicken breast casseroled with onions and mushrooms using Aldi casserole mix (1 1/2 syns each), jacket potato, carrots, cauliflower, green beans. Mixed fruit - strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, kiwi
Total Syns 2 plus 12 for the coffee cake, so 14

Miss Scarlett Blue

Missed posting yesterday. Got myself quite down. Very worried about coronovirus and those I love. Very worried about how I’m going to find a job any time soon and how we’ll cope financially over the next few months. A job I’d applied for have never got back to me and so far haven’t replied to an email I sent. Several other jobs I’d seen and was going to apply for this week have now been pulled. Too much time on my hands also fuels my overactive imagination!

Feeling a little brighter today. If I can put my worries aside I am really enjoying being at home. It makes me appreciate how much I love where I live. I’ve managed to do a little on the exercise bike - with my injury it is really hard, but something my physio has said can help. It’s been a lovely sunny day. Warm enough to sit in the conservatory whilst I’ve done some sewing.
Had my usual weigh in this afternoon. Another pound off.

Food today:
B - porridge and syrup
L - chicken sandwich, salad and banana (8 1/2 syns)
D - Bolognese bake

total syns - 8 1/2

Hope everyone is keeping well and managing with the new normal.

Miss Scarlett Blue

Missed yesterday again. Managed a bit on the exercise bike again. Spent a bit of time sitting in the back garden with a cup of coffee. Very nice to feel some some shine on my face, although it was quite windy. Hoping for a bit more fresh air today.

Tuesday’s food:
B - porridge and skinny syrup
L - tuna sandwich and salad (8 syns for bread, 1/2 syn for mayo)
D - liver casserole, carrots and cauliflower
Snack - fibre one fudge brownie bar (4 syns)

total syns for Tuesday - 12 1/2

Miss Scarlett Blue

Hope everyone’s doing ok.

Went shopping early this morning. First time out since last Thursday. There’s now a one way system in and out of Tesco as well as more social distancing measures. It was as reasonably quiet & a bit more on the shelves than last week. Still can’t get pasta - I do have a couple of meals worth so no problem for now. Managed to get milk, which was a struggle last week. Limited choice on fruit, veg and fresh meat, but enough do I can adapt the meals I’ve planned for the next week so I can stick to SW.

Easy day for food today as I have another portion of the Bolognese bake from Monday. Hoping to get on the exercise bike again and hopefully some stepping on the wii this afternoon.

Food today:
L - tuna sandwich and salad (8 1/2 syns)
D - Bolognese bake
Snack - fibre one popcorn bar (3 1/2 syns)

total syns - 12

I’m really hoping to drop into the next stone by my next weigh in on Monday.

Manxy64

Silver Member
S: 16st8lb C: 15st0lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 36 Loss: 1st8lb(9.48%)
Hi, I've been away from the forum for a few weeks so I've just caught up with your thread. Well done on making such a good start and keeping up with your diary; I think it really helps to keep you engaged with what you're doing and it's also interesting to read back. Great idea to get out in your garden for some fresh air and sunshine when you can. We're in worrying times and, like you, I am trying to stop myself reading and stressing so much about what might happen, especially to my elderly mum.

I'm going shopping tomorrow and not looking forward to it, but they are limiting the number of people in the shop and hopefully stock levels will be OK. I will take wipes for the trolley and get in and out as fast as possible! I will be visiting here a bit more often now so I'll check in on your progress - keep going 💪

Miss Scarlett Blue

Thanks Manxy. I’m sitting in the garden as I’m writing this and it feels like the middle of summer. Lovely and sunny again. It’s only supposed to be about 14^C today, but the wind has dropped and with totally blue skies it’s feeling positively tropical. Just missing a few cocktails for perfection!!! I’ll stick with Vimto and pretend :cool:🍹
It’s amazing just a little sunshine can totally lift the spirits - nice to get some natural vitamin D as well.
Hope your shopping trip went ok.

Manxy64

Silver Member
S: 16st8lb C: 15st0lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 36 Loss: 1st8lb(9.48%)
Shopping was "different" :) Queued for 30-40 minutes outside with everyone at least 2m apart, but the staff were cleaning trolleys outside and allowing us in on a one in, one out basis, so it was all very calm inside the shop. Got most of the things I went for too, which was a relief and hopefully won't have to do that again for a few days! The best thing was another pound off on the scales yesterday :)

Again, well done on your daily updates and on getting out in the sun - I think it does help with our general mood and wellbeing.

Miss Scarlett Blue

It’s been a couple of days since I’ve been on here. Hope everyone is staying safe.

Been sticking to plan and making the most of some sunny if cold weather and getting in the garden a bit. Today is very overcast and much colder so I’ve been sorting out photographs - a job I’ve meant to do for a long time.
As the clocks went forwards and it was cold I had a bit of a lie in, so just a yogurt for breakfast. I’m also trying to push for tomorrow when I’ll be doing my weigh in and I’m so desperately hoping to get into the 19s. Managed a bit more on the exercise bike today. It’s going to be a slow build up, but will be good for my foot in the long run as well as my overall health.

Food today:
B - yogurt
L - two slices Kingsmill tasty (HEX-B) reduced fat cheddar (HEX-A) lighter than light mayo (1/2 syn) salad
D - pot roast beef - the recipe is earlier in my diary, actifry roast potatoes, carrots, sprouts
Snack - fibre one popcorn bar (3 1/2 syns)

Total syns - 4 and according to my fitness pal 1237 calories. Very pleased with that.

craftermary

Gold Member
S: 11st2lb C: 9st2lb BMI: 22.7 Loss: 2st0lb(17.95%)
There is an upside to semi lockdown all the odd jobs that I have put off for ages are being done.

The downside is food and exercise has gone out the window. Back on it tomorrow.

It was cold this morning when I went out on my daily allowed walk.:confused:

Aaleigha

soon to be mother of the bride
S: 15st2lb C: 15st2lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 37 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi I just read your diary from the beginning
some great ideas I would never have thought of especially the cous cous done as a salad - why I wouldnt, I just dont know as I do the same with pasta :)
really enjoyed your diary very inspirational
just off to start my own (or should that be about the 4th restart)
I have no idea of the current plan but do have my books from then and an old syns book of about the same vintage so that is the plan I will follow just adding half a syn here and there I am sure others will put me right and I will change the syns directory as I go

thanks for the inspriation my daughter is getting married in two years and I want to lose 6 dress sizes dont care about the weightt I know that size 12 is a good size for me
so thanks for the inspiration xx

Miss Scarlett Blue

There is an upside to semi lockdown all the odd jobs that I have put off for ages are being done.

The downside is food and exercise has gone out the window. Back on it tomorrow.

It was cold this morning when I went out on my daily allowed walk.:confused:
There certainly are some up sides. One of my main hopes is that if we are on lockdown for 12 weeks, as seems to be suggested, my family and friends won't recognise me when they next see me!!! Or at least I'm hoping they'll notice a difference.

Cold again today, so I've done indoor exercise. Take care x

Miss Scarlett Blue

Hi I just read your diary from the beginning
some great ideas I would never have thought of especially the cous cous done as a salad - why I wouldnt, I just dont know as I do the same with pasta :)
really enjoyed your diary very inspirational
just off to start my own (or should that be about the 4th restart)
I have no idea of the current plan but do have my books from then and an old syns book of about the same vintage so that is the plan I will follow just adding half a syn here and there I am sure others will put me right and I will change the syns directory as I go

thanks for the inspriation my daughter is getting married in two years and I want to lose 6 dress sizes dont care about the weightt I know that size 12 is a good size for me
so thanks for the inspiration xx
My pleasure. I am doing this for myself but I do hope I can inspire a few others, as other people's diaries on here have inspired me.

Miss Scarlett Blue

Well, it's Monday so that means weigh in. Drum roll please ........

2.5lbs off, which takes me into the next stone bracket, and it feels a momentous one. I'm determined my weight will never again start with a '2'. Just 1.5lbs until I reach my 2 stone lost. I will be trying to do that by next Monday.

It's been a quiet day today. Have been sorting through photos again. Between those on my phone, those on my camera and ones I've been sent by others I had several years worth which I've done nothing with other than post a few on Facebook. Found some today from the months just leading up to my accident. Despite a good start to my weight loss I still weigh more than I did then. So my short term goals for the next few weeks, in the order they will happen are:
- get to my 2 stone lost (1.5 pounds to go)
- lose 10% from my initial starting weight (I’m at 8.69% now, so getting close)
- get back to the weight I was before my accident (about a stone and a half to go)
- get my BMI below 40 for the first time in around 20 years.

I'll update later with food for today, although I confess I had some very ripe bananas and I hate waste, especially at the moment, so I have a banana, walnut and chocolate chip loaf in the oven. It's meant for the other half really, but I may be tempted to have a little!!

Last edited:

Miss Scarlett Blue

The banana cake turned out very well. I put all the ingredients into my fitness pal so I could get the total calories. I weighed the whole cake once cooked and cooled and then weighed the small piece I had so I could work out the calories. It came in at 218 calories, so I’m going to estimate 11 syns (using the 20 calories to 1 syn guide). It was very nice. I used some extra dark chocolate chunks which I had in the cupboard which is why the colour is so dark. Would probably not have used them quite so dark if I had any others in the house.

To be honest as much as I enjoyed it I’d rather have one of my fibre one popcorn bars and I think I’ll leave the rest for my other half! Me turning down cake - whoever would have predicted that a few weeks ago!!

Food today:
L - ham, salad, lighter than light mayo (1/2 syn) activism yogurt (1/2 syn)
D - creamy garlic chicken - a Pinch Of Nom recipe I’ve made a few times now (3 syns per portion) actifry potatoes, carrots, green beans
Snack - banana loaf (11 syns)

Total syns - 15 and showing as 1583 calories.

The sauce isn’t quite as creamy today as I was a bit short of Philadelphia but it was still nice.
I have a Tesco delivery coming tomorrow, although not until the evening. Hopefully that will restock a few essentials.
Hope everyone’s had a good Monday.

Attachments

Last edited:

Aaleigha

2.5 is BRILLIANt we will have to see our combined weight loss for April I think we will be presently surprised
I see your total weight loss is 1st 12.5 lb pop that amount of groceries in a back pack and carry that up and down the stairs a few times just think that what you were carrying around a few short months ago
its like carrying a two year old little girl around all day - no way could I do that so well done you that is fantastic really fantastic go buy yourself som flowers or pick some wild ones you deserve them xxx

Aaleigha

Hello MissSB
how are things going today
went shopping yesterday and the shop had been restocked with everything the one thing missing was empty shelves of pepsi and coke - made me laugh seeing what peoples priorities are

hope you and yours are well and your shops well stocked

Miss Scarlett Blue

Hi. I’m not too bad. Feeling a little anxious at the death toll at the minute and ongoing worries about finances and prospects of me securing a job in the current climate are zero. Still trying to stay positive. I'm so glad this didn’t happen whilst I was still with my ex. I could not have survived self isolating for weeks with him! There’s no-one in the world I’d rather be stuck with for weeks than my other half so that’s a bright side to this.

Tesco delivery came yesterday. I’ve lots of meals prepared and in the freezer so my main needs are fruit, vegetables, fresh meat (but can manage if none is available) and milk. Most of my order came. Still can’t get rice. I do have a couple of packs of microwave rice - I’ll just need to remember to syn those. Milk was my main concern as I have porridge every day and we have struggled getting this. No problems yesterday though.

food yesterday
L - 1 slice Kingsmill Tasty (4 syns); lighter than light mayo (1/2 syn) 25g reduced fat cheese (cut back on coffee and used some of my second HEX-A) activia yogurt (1/2 syn)
D - pot roast beef leftover - reheated in its gravy; new potatoes, carrots and cabbage

total syns - 5

Probably not enough speed but doing the best I can in the circumstances. Shopping didn’t come until late evening.

Will update later with today’s food.